UAE - Country Selection on web site

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Purchased the Pre-order in June from Virgin Megastore in Dubai City Centre Mall. Pack contents were in English and Arabic with GOA/EA logo, legit pack from Virgin. Recently went to register on war-europe and found I could not enter UAE as a country - states not supported. Spoke to Virgin who are in process of contacting EA for official response but would like to here from GOA GM's.

Why sell the pre-order in a country your not going to support? Will I have to change all addresses for web/billing to UK one in order to play?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
you cant register at EU site yet

that beta registration is just a user on the homepage that you used to make in order to have the possibility to get into the closed beta

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Yes you can register at the EU site, hence the login and password fields in the top left of the page, it's just the keys that can't be entered yet.

There is no "UAE" in the drop down list for countries, but there is one called "Others..." though for the website registration.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
when I said you can't register, I ofc ment, you can't register your codes yet

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I figured that, but it seemed that he was talking about the general website registration which needs to be done first.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Wonder what happens if you just enter some random country? :D
After all - it isn't the billing address or anything (yet), so just to create the account to begin with, you could just enter what you wanted.

The problem of course comes if there needs to be a billing address and you can't select your country.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yes, it's the web site registration that's the problem. My thinking was raise this now as they'll probably do the same in Billing!

They sell the damn boxes here in Virgin with promo posters and cut-outs in Arabic and English. Yet forget to put the country on the list of OK places!:lol:Seem daft to me.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yes, it's the web site registration that's the problem. My thinking was raise this now as they'll probably do the same in Billing!

They sell the damn boxes here in Virgin with promo posters and cut-outs in Arabic and English. Yet forget to put the country on the list of OK places!:lol:Seem daft to me.

How is Warhammer written in Arabic?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lol that looks so hard to read (from a "learn arabic" point of view)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yes, from a non arabic point of view, arabs must have very small eyes considering the letters are so small, so for them it wouldn't feel like they are small

if you simply just don't think about what I just said, it will make a lot more sence

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You won't need to use the old beta registration pages at all, when the new account pages are open you should use those for all account creation and signups.

As far as I know you'll be able to select Middle-Eastern and some African territories in those.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Thanks IainC, might want them to add Middle and Africa to the country list of the web site as well. As the game is being sold there and wa-europe is the official site etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom