Music U2 - No Line On The Horizon.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
U2's new cd is meant to be their best since the Joshua Tree. Every critic is raving about it saying it is something special.

So after going right off them since Achtung Baby and Bono's crusade to save.....well........everything I decided to give this a listen.

Jebus H Christ it is fucking awful, not one song stands out, not one song has any hook at all. Bono still sings about "long highways" like hes BB King and American through and through.

It really is an enourmous pile of shite. Am I missing the point or is it really this bad?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have every album up to Achtung Baby. I regret getting AB tbh. Imo everything after JT was some other band.

I know your musical tastes Trem, and based on that if you say this album is crap I'm not even going to bother listening to in on the interwebs.

Trem

I have every album up to Achtung Baby. I regret getting AB tbh. Imo everything after JT was some other band.

Achtung Baby was released at a rough time of my life and listening to One at full blast in my darkened bedroom is still fresh in my mind, I guess thats why I still like Achtung Baby, for the memories. I do know what you mean though.

Unforgettable Fire is still their best and Bad is still their best song.

Why did they have to turn into such ***** :(

taB

Part of the furniture
The new song about putting your boots on or some such is absolutely terribad. Won't be bothering with the album.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
hOLY sHIT.

I just listened to the title song from the album...I think I caught syphilis.

I'd rather shove my face in a dogs rectum than listen to that dribble again.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Oh jeebus, just listened to two more tracks off the album.
Someone stab me in the face with a frozen carrot.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Am I missing the point or is it really this bad?

I was a massive U2 fan, I liked Zooropa and Pop (more upbeat, more experimental stuff) but it all went suddenly mega shite and mega self-indulgent shite at that. I went to see the Elevation tour (after missing Popmart which I regret hugely) and my god what a fucking load of boring piss. U2 went from one of the best bands in the world (and ever) to just rubbish. I didn't like All That You Can't Leave Behind either.

When I saw this thread I was hoping that it was finally a return to form, but from what it sounds like from you guys it's the same god awful pap.

U2 are the same as Paul McCartney; they should know when to quit, they should have quit several years (or decades in Sir Paul's case) ago, but their own arrogance, self appreciation and self importance keeps them turning over.

Someone said that Billy Connolly wasn't funny anymore (which is partly true) and that if someone new came along telling the same jokes, noone would laugh and noone would take any notice. It's the same with U2, if you saw an unsigned band knocking out those tunes, you'd think "yeah they're not bad" and then never to the illegally downloaded album again ( ;) ).

Not entirely surprised tbh.

Trem

U2 are the same as Paul McCartney; they should know when to quit, they should have quit several years (or decades in Sir Paul's case) ago, but their own arrogance, self appreciation and self importance keeps them turning over.

Aye, too true, apart from I have always thought The Beatles were shat as well so to me McCartney has always been god awful.

Apparently U2 had written 60 songs for this album and they only chose the best out of those 60, I shudder to think what the others were like.

I always listen to my iPod while walking the dogs at night, this was when I chose to listen to this. You can almost imagine how fucking annoyed I was last night, trying to keep my spirits up to get up a big hill and all I had to spur me on was Bono being a complete and utter fucknut.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well at least I will be listening to this with no expectations :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I heard the "rooftop gig" they did last Friday on Radio2 and one track just leaped out at me, grabbed me by the lapels and shook me up and down. That one track was "Magnificent" and the only reason it stands out for me is Edge's guitar work reminds me of their early work (New Year's Day, Streets Have No Name, Sunday Bloody Sunday, With Or Without You etc etc).

For me it's more about Edge's guitar work than Bono's lyrics or singing.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The Fly?

Only ever made a couple of good tunes, and they were the best part of 20 years ago. U2 are shit and Bono is a TOTAL SHIT.

Don't believe me? Ask South Park. :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bono is like the biggest turd ever :)

You HAVE to watch that South Park episode :)

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
ths album is shit, overproduced nonsense, waiting 5 years for this pos, listening to it on Spotify, bargain basement rubbish.

in other news the glasvegas album is really good, and ive started listening to Damien rice checkout the blowers daughter or 9 crimes and of course cannonball

pisses all over U2 and Bonio (as bernard sumner called Bono) and tbh if Ian Curtis had not died then Joy Division would have got all the limelight instead of U2.

Spotify rocks !"!£!"%$"%"£%" :m00:

Everz

FH is my second home
Bono is like the biggest turd ever :)

You HAVE to watch that South Park episode :)

1109_bono_biddy.jpg

throdgrain

FH is my second home
U2 have always been a load of plastic pretentious shit. Since the start.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Back before he was famous, Bono was in the same prayer group as my auntie.

I now realise he was praying for talent.

Trem

Thing is, back in the day, at the beginning Bono had just the most awesome voice without even trying. There was none of this bullshit they just performed and made fucking great rock songs. He always had a chip on his shoulder but I imagine in the early 80's that could be said for many Irish.

I can't slag him/them off up until Unforgettable Fire in all honesty.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Yeh ok fair enough. I was never a U2 fan. A couple of alright songs (for my taste) but nothing I could repeatedly listen to.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Thing is, back in the day, at the beginning Bono had just the most awesome voice without even trying. There was none of this bullshit they just performed and made fucking great rock songs. He always had a chip on his shoulder but I imagine in the early 80's that could be said for many Irish.

I can't slag him/them off up until Unforgettable Fire in all honesty.

Lets get some exhibits:

YouTube - U2 Exit on The Old Grey Whistle Test 1987

YouTube - U2 I will follow live 1981

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
U2 has always been alright, some classics ofcourse from younger years, but lilly allen who everyone is trying to lick these days, gods know why, is alright, hell, that dying of cancer what's-her-face, goodie or something, she's "alright" too.

Alright in this case means "not enough annoyance to turn off radio, but not enough power to turn it up".

Trem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom