Two thirds?

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Just seems silly to have 2 more years of work that will be in no way related to your degree but simply the pre-reqs.

10 years is a long time to be stuck in full time education - are you sure your not going to get burned out?

So long as I'm not dealing with twats on the phone for work, I'll be fine.

I'm going to echo Chilly here. Which GCSE's are you taking? Just physics and maths? You can do those easily, the only problem might be coursework if you need certain tools.

Odd question, but how old are you? If you're already in your twenties, then call the uni you want to go to and ask what is required to apply as a mature student. It might be that you can do a foundation year - this could potentialy shave off some time doing lesser qualifications.

Good plan, that was my inital thought, (I'm 36) but I left school with pretty much fuck all (4 C's) and one year of an accountancy course. I'm doing maths and science (which I understand is double science or something)

I've just got back from a lecture with Jay Tate and Dr Andy Newsam. I was able to talk them both about 'the plan', and both said that so long as I'm kept interested, time isn't really an issue.

Also, Andy runs a few distance courses from the Uni about Astrophysics which can be used as 'filler' while studying for A levels and the like, so I'm planning to have a look into what's on offer there.

As a personal aside, I'm undecided about the time taken being a problem, as I think doing the GCSEs first will put me into a routine of study and not get overwhelmed with too much work. (I have some old A-level maths books froma mate, and while I understand some of it, a lot of it I know I will need to relearn.)

Although it'll be more time in the long run (and yeah, I may be able to get the A-levels down by a year to a single year course), I think it'll suit me better, mainly as I've not bothered studying anything for IT (MCSEs or whatever there is these days), or in fact studying anything at all. I do believe the last 'study' I did was some Egyptian research for a table-top RPG a fair few years ago!!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Well I admire a plan, stick to it and good luck imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom