Two men and their tank

F

Faeldawn

Everytime i see you guys (Deadly and Deadmanwalking) you are in a Vanguard..........do you guys live in there, and if so next time i see you can i call in for coffee? :)

A

arien

lmfao this is true. I'm usually in DMW's squad now and they lub that hunk o' junk :p.

I have to admit Deady is a bit of a crazy driver :p.

Anyways cya in PS later you Dead Twins.

-Suicide

T

Teh Krypt

Wish VS had something of the sort :p. Hover really dosnt make up that much for lack of armour.

Im using a VS assult buggy atm, now thats fun :p. The manovrability is GREAT :). Can easy get away from reavers with trees around.. drive in drive all different directions in the trees, come out and hide :p.

B

BrassMonkey

You mean the Thresher Kryptie? Think i might spec back out of mine for a smaller vehicle that actually has some guns on it....i.e a basilisk. Least then i can go trigger happy nuts crazy man without needing a gunner.

D

Deadmanwalking

God are you all obsessed with ur guns.. whenever i see any of you, you alway have a gun i your hand GOD :rolleyes:

:p

P

[PS]Venom

I've taken to the sunderer. Running people over in it gives you a feeling of 10 ton truck vs Hedgehog, great fun.

Shame it's normally my own side I hit o_O

No-one looks before they cross roads or run along the middle of bases.. I also hate it when people run down the middle of bridges o_O

D

Deadmanwalking

Yeah i have 400 off grief Points .... eady had quite a few, we tend to find people are like lemmings "Oh look here comes a tank, lets run right across its path right now so it hits us" or the good old one, "lets stagger slowly down the middle of the bridge" at which point i just blow them away =|

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
Yeah i have 400 off grief Points .... eady had quite a few, we tend to find people are like lemmings "Oh look here comes a tank, lets run right across its path right now so it hits us" or the good old one, "lets stagger slowly down the middle of the bridge" at which point i just blow them away =|

I'm currently on 509 grief points.

You're right. people are like sodding lemmings - they ALWAYS, ALWAYS run in front of large moving vehicles like complete and utter muppets.

However the main chunk of my grief points came from an unfortunate accident I had with a heavily damaged friendly GAL and a Decimator :eek:

O

Old_Bean

Hmph, most of my grief points come from muppets who run in front of my max as i'm clearing a room out.
What is it with them? Why don't they just wait for me to clear it out then move in?

Ahhhh, I know. They want some exp don't they.
What they actually get though, is dead. Twats.

J

Jupitus

Teh Jup Bus (tm) = Sunderer

Teh Jup Bus (tm) > Max suit

:D

And my driving sucks really bad if you're a friendly and you scratch my paint ;)

'Oooops'

I'm starting to love the sound of the grief point warning - do you think I need help?

P

[PS]Venom

Hehe.

My sunderer is called Optimus, for it bears an uncanny resemblance to the transformer... o_O

D

Deady

Ahh yes the perils of a tank driver in PS.

I have really started to notice the "lemming effect" now - if you look out for it, it becomes apparent.

As i drive around base courtyards, any infantry running towards me begins to suddenly veer off their course and start heading straight for me.

Depending on Grief point levels, i either slam on the handbrake or just keep going. Im not even going fast either, usually about 15KPH when im driving through a base in a non combat state.

Just remember to not look at the chat box after youve run someone over.

P

[PS]Nova

Totally agree. I only have a lickle Lightning, and I'm up on 250-300 or so grief points, and it's gone down about 100 because I haven't played her much today.

I have to admit, I'm not quite as careful as you in that I don't tend to drive that slowly in a base, unless it's really really crowded.

Although earlier today was annoying, the base we were taking had about 50,000 VS troops in and around it, but wanted to stay in the SOI, so I headed outside the base, as you do, so I wouldn't run people over. I was going slow then, very slow, trying to get outside the side of the base. All of a sudden I get 10 grief points. Oh, thinks I, must have clipped someone on the way past. Whoops.

Then I get a message from someone asking plaintively why I killed them. I mean, what did they expect, a message back saying "because I'm evil and wanted to screw up your day". So I explained that it was by accident and that it isn't easy not to when the area is that crowded and he seemed to accept it.

Except I saw him later, he was a MAX. I did 10 points of damage to him... and killed him. Why was he running around outside the base (not even towards the base I don't think, I didn't even see him) with that little health, when we had hackers galore hacking everything, and he could have gotten healed at a terminal?

Still.. it's still fun.. and hey guys, I can take out Vanguards!

(OK so we'll ignore the fact that they either have to be shooting downhill and at a disadvantage, or being chased by 3 reavers)

One of these days, my ambition is to take you two out :)

And god I'm going to screenshot it if I do :)

D

Deady

Small Purple Lightnings have been bumped up the list of my "things to chase if you see them" list :)

Unfortunately i believe lightnings are slightly faster than vans.

P

[PS]Nova

Don't know about that, all I know that is on a one-to-one thing, lightning's have no chance due to paper armour and small fire arc (whatever you want to call it) but it can be fun taking on a vanguard amidst a big battle :) that seems to work :)

And yes, I know I'm a coward :)

But I'm not stupid enough to try and kill you solo now am I.. getting the last hit in so the death message is mine would do FINE :)

B

bone_idle

Maybe we should ask SOE to fit horns/hooters/klaxtons to our vehicles :D

O

Old_Bean

No I just think that Grief points should not be given for running into your own people.

Still allow them to take damage/die but no grief points.

That'll teach 'em to be more careful.
After all, we're all taught at a young age to look left and right before stepping into the path of an on-coming Vanguard.

P

[PS]Nova

Well people seem to have forgotten that then :p

It is just like a massive magnet on the front of my Lightning that attracts friendlies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom