Twinings Tea

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't use milk to be honest, but i can understand it as we stick it in coffee as well. I like icetea myself. 3-4 bags in bottle, add sugar whatnot, hot water, leave until cooled, in fridge over night, yum.

You can rage about that caLLous, it was a serious post.

russell

FH is my second home
haha I love it:) -tea making is such a serious business;)
Off to make a brew of my favourite skimmed de-caff now and make some Easter nests with the kids.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Twinings Earl Grey > all.

Don't understand why people arguing over language usage. Its a name. Not necessarily something from the dictionary :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I think tea purists swear by teapots. Ideally tea should not be made with absolutely boiling water.

Personally I just make my brew in the mug like most people.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Teapots are good if you want to sit with a mate or two and have more than one cup. Ie if you have a proper tea service the cups will be fairly small - certainly not mugs - and so you'll probably want a second round. However, having said that - why not just make a mug and be done with it?

Meh. I prefer butlers.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I would imagine that, with a teapot, you get better consistency and you can chuck a teacosy on it to keep it warm. It's also more economical; you would get more vile and disgusting flavour out of each teabag.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would imagine that, with a teapot, you get better consistency and you can chuck a teacosy on it to keep it warm. It's also more economical; you would get more vile and disgusting flavour out of each teabag.
Mmmmm, vile.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
My tea making process varies wildly depending on my mood and where I am. If I'm lazy I just stick a teabag in some boiling water in a mug and drink it whenever it's a drinkable temperature (don't bother taking the teabag out at all). Sometimes I add milk, sometimes milk and sugar, sor other times honey. My parents have all the good tea making apparatus so when I'm at home I use loose tea leaves, a teapot and a sieve.

EiKON-Mike

EiKONEER
Clipper Organic is much better as an everyday tea.

I drink a fuckload and by fortunate happenstance have a lot of like-minded friends who've all, independently, come to that decision on taste alone.

*brews*

Clipper is *awesome* ...and its also made from recycled lambs tears and kitten yawns or something so you can feel great (and smug) about yourself while you drown in it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sooo much pretentiousness. Unless you're spending shitloads of money on single crop Orange Pekoe picked by dusky maidens from the finest crop at high altitude (etc.), there's no point in arguing about the quality of the tea you're drinking, never mind how you prepare it. All tea bag tea (and I don't care if it says "organic" on the box or not), is blended crap, usually made up of the dust and shavings left over after picking. Tea bag tea is as far from "quality" tea as a bottle of Bells is to a nice Laphroaig. So with that in mind, there's not much point in getting picky about how its made (although milk first in a mug is gross).

EiKON-Mike

EiKONEER
Sooo much pretentiousness. Unless you're spending shitloads of money on single crop Orange Pekoe picked by dusky maidens from the finest crop at high altitude (etc.), there's no point in arguing about the quality of the tea you're drinking, never mind how you prepare it. All tea bag tea (and I don't care if it says "organic" on the box or not), is blended crap, usually made up of the dust and shavings left over after picking. Tea bag tea is as far from "quality" tea as a bottle of Bells is to a nice Laphroaig. So with that in mind, there's not much point in getting picky about how its made (although milk first in a mug is gross).

1.) I Understand only about 50% of the words in your post :)
2.) Mmmm... yummy left over dust and shavings

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Who the fuck does that... it tastes much better when it's picked by trained monkeys ffs.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Northerners talking about tea? Isn't that what you wretched savages call your dinner?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it's TWEBSSSS!!!!

also, Earl Grey has it's moments. And I have a tea pot. And tea should be made with water just off the boil. AND YOU'RE ALL WRONG :eek:

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
I followed some link on facebook, was impressed by the shiny new forums, then got that warm glowing feeling when I realised you were still the bunch of opinionated fucks you've always been.

The perfect tea is from a pot, made with leaves, water just off the boil and a splash of milk. As I don't have time for that I drink pg tips and its hit and miss, but sometimes its worth the effort when you get that perfect temperature/strength/milk ratio cup o' char and all is well :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
B'jeesus. Trebz.

I'm going to prepare a brew in celebration :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
blow%2Binto%2Bthat%2Bteapot1238392857974.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom