TV's

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anybody reccomend a good site to buy off?

Find a local shop that sells them dirt cheap, get a quote or w/e, then to go to John Lewis, find the same TV, and get it, you'll get like 10% off or something ( may be wrong ) and 5 years warantee - win-win.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I spent about 3 months deciding what TV I was going to buy. That said, I had £1000 burning a hole in my pocket.

Set yourself a budget.
Once you've set your top price, decide how big you want the screen to be.
Now look around online for TVs with that screen size within your price range.

The main difference will probably be between HDready (720p) and FullHD (1080p) as well as extra features like FreeView/FreeSat decoding and/or ability to play movies from USB sticks and hard drives. 3D is entirely up to you, but I personally don't rate it.

I also used AVForums.com to find out more about individual models once I'd settled on a handful of models.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
basically, can you stream pr0n from your PC to it, if so, buy it

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
If you aren't after 3d or an online TV, look at some end of line TV's, you can get some amazing panels these days for a few hundred pounds. Personally I like the LG - they make panels for panasonic who basically double the price.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Problem is, you are always going to see a better deal when you have got the one you want, cos things are changing all the time. Deebs paid about £1500 for his 40" sammy, i got the same thing 2yrs later (actually it was better cos it had a media center and more bits on the back) for £700. Thats cos all the LED's came out.

Now a year later, the LED i looked at for £1100 is now about £800, you'll never win

Go for a Samsung, LG or a Panasonic and you cant go wrong

As i said, mine has the inbuilt media gizmo and internet, but i stream via ethernet from my PS3 and dont use any of the TV stuff. Work out what you really need, if you just want the TV, you can get a decent 40" for about £400

Samsung LE40C530 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

LG 37LD450 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

LG 37LE4500 37-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom