TV + monitor + 2nd monitor link up

- English -

Resident Freddy
2uqy984.jpg

See my pro diagram of what I am trying to acheive.

Its nice to have the TV connected to the PC for when I watching to watch movies etc.
Its also nice to have the 2nd monitor connected for when I am gaming and want to browse the web etc

I have a 660gtx graphic card and it has the following slots

GTX%20670.jpg

Is this possible to acheive in anyway? In the form I can go to TV, click sources, choose the HDMI channel and my desktop will appear. And also will I lose quality using VGA cable for my main monitor?

Also is there a reason why having the hdmi cable form the tv and the vga for the main monitor giving me some dodgy looking wavey lines on my monitor

Last edited:

soze

I am a FH squatter
From the pic you posted it shows two DVI sockets so a DVI to VGA adapter should be able to connect to even the oldest monitor. I doubt the card will have a problem sending to 3 monitors. So it will all depend on what ports your old monitor has.

I would tend to turn the TV off in the display settings on the PC when it is not in use. It might have a lower refresh or something to your monitor hence the lines.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Ive got it to work, I needed a dvi to hdmi coverter for the monitor to the pc, and just used the vga one for the 2nd monitor(hdmi for the tv)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom