TV help

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Hey,
I have a ATI 1950 GPU and am using the component output (through AVIVO) to power a V series Bravia LCD television for watching the occasional Xvid movie. My problem is my normal computer screen is a 1280x1024 lcd monitior whereas my TV is 720p/1080i resolution. What I would like to do is have the screens hotswapped on a key press (like alot of laptops do) with each one remebering their recommended resolution settings.

I dont seem to be able to do this as far as I can see. All i have managed is either a clone view (with identically res) which means I need to resize my desktop whenever I want to watch movies, or to use an extended desktop. But I cant seem to get 720p working on an extended desktop, and I have always found them un-userfriendly. Both of these also require me to fuck round in catalyst control centre before using my TV, Id like to avoid this if possible.

Has anyone got any ideas about how to best use a LCD TV and PC as both a media centre and regular PC (on a different screen) in an easy manner? p.s. I dont want to use them both at once, just switch between them with as little fuss as possible.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Alternatively just tell me how you have your PC running a TV and give me ideas about possible different ways of doing it!

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Make a profile in Catalyst Control Center and add hotkey for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom