Tusc. Glacier Raid - Sunday 1st of Febuary

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Tusc. Glacier Raid - Sunday 1st of Febuary :( Cancelled

Title says it all really, i'm going to be doing a TG raid this Sunday - and every Sunday after that until such time as i lose my sanity, or stop playing DAoC. Whichever comes first.

Bear(bare?) in mind, we will be requiring a healthy handful of groups to take the mobs which havn't been focus killed. I know some people will say "Whats the point? Half the mobs will have been focused anyway" well yeah. In all honesty the main reason i'm starting them up now, pre-1.65 is mainly so i can 'claim' the Sunday afternoon spot. Hope nobody has too many problems with me doing that.

In any case, i'm going to say a small prayer to god and hope i can rely on the decency of those who normally do focus to leave TG for the day. I know its highly unlikley but i can hope.

Leaving From: Hagall
Leaving At: 14:30 CET, 13:30 GMT
On: Sunday, 01 – 02 – 04
Level Req. For Random Groups: 43+ for Seers, 45+ for everyone else
Level Req. For Guild Groups: 40+

This'l be a 'come as you are' type raid, in other words - show up with whoever or whatever you want. Jump in a group, and lets roll. However that said, if you have access to a group friendly class, please bring that instead of (to give the most obvious example) a Shadowblade. I've now lifted the 'only support can roll an alt' rule after coming to the realisation that having too much support can be just as crippling as not having enough (Thanks for that one Shan :D )

Edit: To clarify, only level 50 characters may nominate a level 50 alt character.

Also, though they are similar this is a different ruleset than that which i used to use. So even if you think you know roughly what i'l be using please take the five minutes to read them.

As such their still classed as a 'work-in-progress' so if you have any points you'd like to make, or any suggestions on how i could add/take away rules. By all means tell me. In an ideal world i'd like to have as few as possible while still being able to have a fun and ejoyable hunt in which people don't end up trying to kill each other

Personally I don’t much like rules. However, you need them in order to keep everything together. As such, there are 2 very important rules. To be held above all others. Hence they have their own little section.

1. Read the rules, I will not waste my time and the time of others explaining details to people who couldn’t be bothered. If you invite people from your guild to come, Make Sure They Read The Rules As Well!!!
2. If you do not agree with the way I do things, DO-NOT-COME!!

Raid Rules,

1. When asked too do something please do it without question, there is always a good reason for an order too be given. Even if you cannot always see why straight away.

2. No vicious language of any variety will be tolerated in the chat group, if you want to make a comment about somebody or insult them send them a private message don’t bring your slander to the public chat group.

3. All items dropped will be handed too the Drop Holders once they’ve been picked up. Drops are classed as: Weapons, Shields, Armour parts, Jewellery, Tinticures, Weapon Dyes ( :m00: ) and Respec stones.

4. Please be aware, running more than one account in an attempt to gain an advantage in the lotto is unacceptable. There have been a number of cases where people have tried to use 2 or more accounts to gain an unfair advantage in lotto’s. This will not be tolerated and anyone found to be doing this will be Banned from the lotto.

5. Any peoples found in breech of the rules will firstly be given a warning, if said person continues to break the rules after the warning he will be given a –10 demodifer on his/her lotto rolls. As well as forfitting any + modifier he/she was elligable to recieve at the end of the raid.

6. Please make sure your not using /anon during the raid, if its important to you that people don’t see your class simply use the /setwho command.

7. I have the final say in all matters.

Raid Lotto,

The Foremost element of a lottery is Trust. Anyone found to be breaking that trust will be named and shamed. As well as banned from the lottery and the next raid.

= = =

Any class that comes (providing that class is level 50) may roll for a level 50 alt, but It will now be Required that you inform me Before we leave Hagall if you wish to roll for a level 50 Alt. There will be zero tolerance on this rule, if I don’t have you written down as rolling for an alt. Tough! Start a whine thread and complain about how I throw kittens into trees or something. Typically i'm in Hagall and at my PC around an hour before the raid starts, so there is no excuse if you don't tell me.

= = =

The lottery will be held directly after the raid. If we manage to pull through and kill everything, we’ll hold the Lotto in the dungeon. If not, we will hold the lottery in Svausd Faste, on the Mularn side. The reasoning behind this is that for RvR purposes some people bind there (and typically forget to bind in Hagall/Aegir), and since it is quicker to go from Hagall/Aegir to Svausd than the other way it is the logical place to hold the lottery.

I use the One-Way Ticket system to lotto items, this means you have One chance to /random 100 per round. Once you have rolled please move to the designated area (so we get no people trying to cheat the system). Typically this will be a merchant or a landmark.

People who use Dice will have their roll considered as a ‘0’ (Zero). I don’t care if it was ‘just a joke’ it gets on my nerves, especially after the 20th time. Yes, it is a common occurrence; no you’re not being original. All your doing is slowing things down for everyone else.

When the item you want to roll for is called, move quickly to where I am standing. Typically I’ll only wait around 5-10 seconds (it largely depends on the rarity of the item) for people to step forward, if I only see one person then I’ll assume that only one person wants the item, if you were AFK – or doing something else, that’s your business. Don’t hold me to blame because of it.

Equally, if you see somebody rolling on an item for their alt don’t jump to the conclusion that their doing it illegally, I’ll have a list of people who will be allowed to roll for an alt. Don’t start jumping up and down screaming ‘its not fair’ because in all honestly I’ll probably just ignore you.

Respec stones will be lotto’d with the other items, Not as a separate lotto.

In the event that more than one of the same item is dropped the items will be given to the people with the XX highest rollers.

Those who do not win an item will have a +10 modifier to use on the next raid, if they still do not win they can get a +20 mod, and so on and so on until they win an item. To this end I’d ask those who do not win to stick around for 5-10 minutes so I can get a list of everyone’s name. You'l be responsible for making sure i have your name, so if you lose in the first round and run off to sulk in your guild house without telling me don't expect your name to appear on the list of people who have modifiers.

Lotto Description,

The First Round: Level 50 Characters and Level 50 Alternate Characters (I’ve been informed of) may roll, providing they are of a class capable of using the item.

The Second Round: Providing you can use the item, and attended the raid – you may roll, regardless of level.

The Third Round: You may roll on any item you wish.

At most you can win One item, per hunt.

If you lose, you lose. That’s the luck of the draw, sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Don’t start looking for loopholes in the rules, you’ll just be wasting your time and rest assured. I don’t care.

= = = Archeon’s Friendly Non-Offensive, Multi-Religion, Politically Correct, Non-Discriminatory Advice = = =

If you have any questions about anything, please ask before the raid. During a raid its not uncommon for a raid leader to be flooded with PM’s – your question will be answered if you ask before the raid. However, once its started I make no promises.

Should you need to leave the raid early you can still get a variable modifier (ranging between +1 and +9) based on where we are in the dungeon, how many mobs we’ve killed, what we plan to kill and other such things. This will be mainly a judgement call on my behalf. Please note, this does not include players who go link-dead and do not return you will need to contact me before you leave (no need to explain your reasons) and I will let you know what you’ve earned.

I am a mirror of what I’m presented with, if approached in a courteous and polite manner I will return it. If the first thing you do is tell me to fuck off and die - don’t hold your breath waiting for a reply, don’t forget. It’s easier for me to type /ignore <name> than is it to reply to you. ;)

“ /setwho class / trade “ Sets how the player wishes to be displayed on a /who inquiry. Class displays the character's class and level. Trade displays the trade skill type and level of the character.

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Weekend raids at daytime is nice. Thanks Arch

Patch should come this week so focusers shouldn't be a problem (unless Goa is delaying it)

One rule clearification.
If, say I come with a 43 healer, can I roll for a lvl 50 alt? This kind of "doubledipping" (getting both exp and ability to roll in first round) might cause some opposition. Getting enough lvl 50 supporters hopefully won't be a problem anyway.

btw Good luck! :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Nott said:
One rule clearification.
If, say I come with a 43 healer, can I roll for a lvl 50 alt? This kind of "doubledipping" (getting both exp and ability to roll in first round) might cause some opposition. Getting enough lvl 50 supporters hopefully won't be a problem anyway.

Hmm... tricky one, i think i'l have to say level 50 characters only i'm afraid. Sorry, but i can just see this being taken advantage of - and if too many people show up with -50's we won't be able to kill shit really.

Rules Ammended

Risinn

Fledgling Freddie
If a uber neckie drops, the ones that only work with a full TG set, can I roll for it with my healer, even if my savage has the full set?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Risinn said:
If a uber neckie drops, the ones that only work with a full TG set, can I roll for it with my healer, even if my savage has the full set?

As long as you tell me you plan to roll for your savage before we leave Hagall.

Denisée

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
3. All items dropped will be handed too the Drop Holders once they’ve been picked up. Drops are classed as: Weapons, Shields, Armour parts, Jewellery, Tinticures and Respec stones.
Mabe add Dyes to that list too ??

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Denisée said:
Mabe add Dyes to that list too ??

Crud, i knew i'd left somthing off... err, i mean congratulations - i left dyes off on purpose to find out if people actually read the rules... yes, that'l do... ;)

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Mleh...you start to make raids just as i leave. Damn y00! Can understand it cause of the focus farmers :-/

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Bananna bunnies will show up :) i hope you got your robe still? :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Kindar said:
Mleh...you start to make raids just as i leave. Damn y00!

Yeah mate, that was the general idea. I didn't want you making all the other warriors feel they were in some way inadiquate ;)

Bjaadi said:
i hope you got your robe still? :p

It has permenent residency in my bag - 8th slot from the bottem. :D

Lagnard

Fledgling Freddie
glad someone takes the time to organise a decent TG hunt open for all :) /cheers to you m8

I will join when I can, too bad I'm usually very busy on sundays.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
It has permenent residency in my bag - 8th slot from the bottem. :D

You will not take on that damn robe! Yoo look gay! :-P And get a cloak ffs :-P

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Can i make a suggestion for the lotto?

A lot of raids I've been on work as follows; if, for example, 3 Uber Swords of Wtfpwn have dropped, each will be lotto'd seperately.

Lotto Sword 1: 10 people roll 1 wins, 9 are out
Lotto Sword 2: 5 people roll 1 wins, 4 are out
Lotto Sword 3: 1 person rolls​

Which a) takes longer, and b) is pretty illogical and unfair to some parties. It makes more sense to Lotto once and take the three highest rolls.

Lotto Sword 1, 2, 3: 16 people roll 3 win, 13 are out​

This is even more important when it comes to respec stones.

Might seem obvious, but so many people don't do it this way.

:)

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
A lot of raids I've been on work as follows; if, for example, 3 Uber Swords of Wtfpwn have dropped, each will be lotto'd seperately.

Lotto Sword 1: 10 people roll 1 wins, 9 are out
Lotto Sword 2: 5 people roll 1 wins, 4 are out
Lotto Sword 3: 1 person rolls​

Never seen that one before, and I agree. That's just plain stupid.

Anyway, read rules again and you might see this :)

Archeon said:
In the event that more than one of the same item is dropped the items will be given to the people with the XX highest rollers.

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
robe is a sense of fashion not gay :p ill bring mine aswell teh real robe not the rp slan cloth :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Sanzor said:
You will not take on that damn robe! Yoo look gay! :-P And get a cloak ffs :-P

As oppose to sombody who's joining the navy ;)

And cloaks are for n00bs.

(Edit: Actually i'm going to make that rule... or advise, NO CLOAKS! i don't want any people looking like noobs when i take the pre-leaving Hagall screenshot :D)

(Edit 2: No i'm not, silly FH blighters won't let me edit my original post, how annoying :(

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Cancelled

God has struck, and he's done it in the form of my Heatsink! So anyway heres my story (read: Excuse ;))

Basically i'm sitting at my PC innocently writing up a job application letter when the mighty hand of god struck!! There was a thunk, at first i thought it was a bird flying into my window (its happened before :)) - so i look up, nothing. I look back down and my PC is doing somthing rather similar to the age old 'blue screen o' death' ... except it was a little bluer and had a lot more crap i didn't understand. So anyone i took hold of my PC case (here comes the stupid bit) and shake it a little to make sure i'm not searing things. Unfortunatly i was because the case my a rattling sound.

So i switch it off and open it up to find the heatsink has fallen off my processer, frying the fuckin thing (confirmed this morning by the good, good people at my local PC shot) - and even worse, it put a big fuckin dent into my shiney graphics card!!! Luckly the card is still covered (i hope) by its warrenty, but as it stands i'm currently finding myself one SI compatable PC short of a TG raid.

Hence the reason i'm having to cancel it, i'm really sorry for all those people who were planning on coming. It should have been some good fun, but unfortunatly god (or the bastard that supplied the faulty plastic holding clip for my heatsink) hates me.

And now the laymens version for those who have no idea what a heatsink is (i was one of them up until yesterday :D)

A big piece of heavy metal fell off somthing inside my PC and hit somthing else causing the whole thing to go foobar.

So anyway, yeah... raid cancelled i'm afraid and i'm PC-less for a while. Shame, i'd just renewed my subs as well :(

Oh well, peace out - and sorry again.
Archeon

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Haha...was me who struck down on your computer! >:-P
No really...kinda sucks. Hope you don't have to loose too many coins ^^

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
could you not find someone to run the raid in your absence? :)

:cheers:

Xmi

Fledgling Freddie
All in all a very well run raid, thanks for stepping in at the last minute guys :cheers:

Lagnard

Fledgling Freddie
aye, nice work on the TG raid /cheers!

we must do this over sometime :D

ruahtian

Fledgling Freddie
truth is peeps in exactly 25 days and 5 hours gmt times tg raids will go the way of df raids for alot of ppl remeber when price legion raids where all the rage to get drops tg will be almost empty once toa has entered the game tis sad but there are still a few drops from tg that are rather good.

but alas unless mythic improve the stats on droped items to a degree that thay are better than toa quest items tg will be basicly a ghost zone

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
ruahtian said:
truth is peeps in exactly 25 days and 5 hours gmt times tg raids will go the way of df raids for alot of ppl remeber when price legion raids where all the rage to get drops tg will be almost empty once toa has entered the game tis sad but there are still a few drops from tg that are rather good.

but alas unless mythic improve the stats on droped items to a degree that thay are better than toa quest items tg will be basicly a ghost zone

I agree it looks like TOA will kill the pve farming in TG. Better spd weapons in TOA and with alot more stats. Although the hauberks and vest in TG still seems good at that point. Maybe it will even go so far that we will see alot of mids using TG items in bgs even more >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom