Turning german version to english one

O

old.Hendrick

I have the german DAoC and SI versions, and up til now I managed to have my client run in english by changing the line in the update.dat file from this

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/german/camelot/mpatch.dat

to

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/camelot/mpatch.dat

Now I tried doing the same with the update.dat in my new Shrouded Isles Folder. What came up was this:

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/german/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/german/isles/mpatch.dat

Again, I changed german to english, but it didn't solve my problem. I can still not use the r button to reply to /send for example. Sadly, Rightnow is down at the moment, so I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to fix that.

Thanks.

A

Alrindel

I don't know why it didn't work for you - I managed the same thing from "french" to "english" (hey, remember the first time we did this all those months ago?) and it worked fine, the french SI was patched to english on the first try.

Did it make a "language" subdirectory in your Shrouded Isles directory? Perhaps try deleting that, and changing "german" to "english" again in the update.dat and relogging.

O

old.Hendrick

Deleting the language folder did the trick. Thanks.

edit: Oh and I remember how I spent my first four months in the game always trying to figure out my weapon recipes, and constantly typing /send Aethelstan instead of hitting "r". Brrrr. :)

A

Alrindel

I remember I used to have a post-it on my monitor because I could never remember the french names for tower, heater, kite and round shield.

O

old.Hendrick

It was particularly confusing since I think the lochaber axe and the poleaxe have the same names in german, which lead to much confusion wen running consignments, since the poleaxe is only available from fine alloy upwards. I remember swearing lots at not being able to complete my consignments :)

Users who are viewing this thread