News Turner Prize - Is it art?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My answer would be both. I can just about understand how it is art, but it's also shite.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
pointless shite.

Just look at the pictures of the artists, its like those emo myspace pictures, everyone trying to look "different" in their picture. /thoughtfull pose at something away from camara

wankers

Though i would do that Runa Islam or whatever her name is

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
pointless shite.

Just look at the pictures of the artists, its like those emo myspace pictures, everyone trying to look "different" in their picture. /thoughtfull pose at something away from camara

wankers

Though i would do that Runa Islam or whatever her name is

/agree

Just can't see it as art. Deep Sea Diving suit, 3 chairs and a wooden tower. How the heck is that art! I want art to be meaninful or reflective. I don't want to look at a manequin on a toilet. Just don't get it I guess.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its entirely subjective.

A urinal was voted the most influential work of modern art:
CNN.com - World's best art piece? A urinal - Dec 2, 2004

Whats next ?

Have a crap on the floor and post that off, see if it wins ?

Or perhaps enter yourself, naked, with nothing but a sheet of cling film covering your privates. "Ah yes, I can clearly see your nuts"

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Its entirely subjective.

A urinal was voted the most influential work of modern art:
CNN.com - World's best art piece? A urinal - Dec 2, 2004

Whats next ?

Have a crap on the floor and post that off, see if it wins ?

Or perhaps enter yourself, naked, with nothing but a sheet of cling film covering your privates. "Ah yes, I can clearly see your nuts"

i believe that is next years entry

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I've always seen 'groundbreaking' art as fucking shit - please get them to paint something as good as Da Vinci etc.

No that's far too much work - just allow them to come up with something that's minimum effort, take coke and piss about like a bunch of losers. :touch:

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Give me a decent Monet or Bosch any day of the week.

Art for arts sake never really pushed any buttons for me

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
I could enter one of my used colostomy bags, and say its a commentary on the state of the Turner Prize, and they'd call it art....

It'd probably win too.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
LOL aye. If you typed up some pretentious bollocks to go along with it you should try it. I mean, if some bloke can win it with a urinal....

Chronictank

FH is my second home
LOL aye. If you typed up some pretentious bollocks to go along with it you should try it. I mean, if some bloke can win it with a urinal....

tbh just whip your cock out and plant it on a piano then stand there in silence

There's your 3 motions and send a message to all the tit's who paid to watch it all at the same time

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Give me a decent Monet or Bosch any day of the week.

Art for arts sake never really pushed any buttons for me

Totally agree ;)

I could enter one of my used colostomy bags, and say its a commentary on the state of the Turner Prize, and they'd call it art....

It'd probably win too.

Oo you have a colostomy bag? Do you ever accidentally sit on it like a whoopie cushion with comical and yet disturbing results?? :puke:

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
I bet you people would be saying the same about the likes of Van Gough if you were around at the time. Zomg it's not photographical realism, it's not art!

vangogh_new.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom