Advice Turkey Tips

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
OMG, YOU'RE REALLY ANNOYING ME NOW, GETTING SO PERSONAL!

:wub:

It's like accountants gang rap wars.

what do you do. Drive by asset review?

yes. I have no clue what accounts do. guess my credit rating.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The £10 for the visa is a definite.

Don't start using anything until a price is agreed, in places they'll try to get you to use stuff and then sting you afterwards with a made up price. So basically trust shopkeepers like you would gypsies (don't trust them).

Eat out, the food is cheap and fresh most everywhere. If you want to try their local cuisine ask someone local where they would go and don't go to the tourist places.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Don't drink water from bottles that are already open, some cheaper food outlets trick you chilled water from the tap. It will give you a case of the trots or "Turkish Tummy" as the tourists call it. Make sure the seal is on the bottle when you receive it!

As for Turkish destinations Olu Deniz is a great place if your not just there to get pissed and do the clubs. Port town of Fetiyah is also nice.

Top Tip - Don't metion the Greeks! My work colleague casued a shit storm in a restaurant when he received a salad with tomato, olives and feta cheese and then proclaimed loudly that it was a Greek Salad! We actually got thrown out. Also don't mention Armenia and genocide is same sentence, very touchy subject.

I love Turkey, great people and very proud of their country. Travel to Istanbul every couple of months on business, amazing city with loads to do.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Don't drink water from bottles that are already open, some cheaper food outlets trick you chilled water from the tap. It will give you a case of the trots or "Turkish Tummy" as the tourists call it. Make sure the seal is on the bottle when you receive it!

As for Turkish destinations Olu Deniz is a great place if your not just there to get pissed and do the clubs. Port town of Fetiyah is also nice.

Top Tip - Don't metion the Greeks! My work colleague casued a shit storm in a restaurant when he received a salad with tomato, olives and feta cheese and then proclaimed loudly that it was a Greek Salad! We actually got thrown out. Also don't mention Armenia and genocide is same sentence, very touchy subject.

I love Turkey, great people and very proud of their country. Travel to Istanbul every couple of months on business, amazing city with loads to do.

Good tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom