Tumbleweed

J

Jupitus

Phew folks, quiet round these ere parts!

So... question... how many people have left PS now, and for what reasons?

I'm still enjoying it lots, and I'm looking forward to some of the improvements in the coming patches but the silence around these boards seems to indicate lots of folks have given up... :(

Y

Yoni

Im still playing nightly and for me the game gets better. I do have a couple of gripes though.

1] SOE lag patch!!
2] Nerf of the jackhammer and the now uber MCG

The devs posts suggest there are some interesting changes going to happen which probably should have happened along time ago like making the infils actually invisible OMG!!!!! and sorting out dl flickering so us little infils stand a chance in actually moving for 2mins without being killed :(.

oh and Jupitus GAH I thought I actually had something to moderate :p

T

throdgrain

I left it Im afraid. And yes , this time I did give it a good go. I found the cone of fire thing to be irritating beyond belief, and well, just not my thing really :(

S

Scouse

I still play it but will ultimately find it frustrating with the lack of an overall objective...

...has anyone EVER managed to get lock on all 3 home continents of an NME sanctuary and get in to fight???

Also - it's farrrrr to easy to break lock on continents..... The designers can't realisitcally expect people to wait about on continents doing nothing in case they get attacked.

If it was bastard hard to break a lock (or if, after you've locked a continent it couldn't be unlocked, or anything hacked on it for, say, 2 hours) you'd see a much more dynamic and interesting wargame.... Empires would have a realistic chance of pushing the NME way back.... :)

O

old.Dillinja

I left in July after playing the game for the first free month, it just didn't do it for me. Can't see myself going back to it.

C

.Cask

Quit because like Scouse I felt it was a bit tedious without an overall objective and also because I didn't want to buy core combat.

PS is a good idea and pushed boat out a bit. Just the amount of money required to play is a bit much for me but hopefully other companies will improve on the idea in the future.

I'd probably consider resubscribing if they made core combat free and returned most of the weapons to the way they were at release. Don't think that'd happen somehow though :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I'd still play if I had proper broadband. :(

But hey - might move to Portland soon... and.. and... *sobs*
I miss singing for Jup.

J

Jupitus

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blooody right you will be... if I have to drag you by your ears you'll be back :)

S

SilverHood

I plan on coming back over christmas... break up on the 12th, so that gives me about 2 weeks of gaming :) (from home)

if I can play from my hall, all nice and good, but my ISP's routing leaves a lot to be desired :/

G

Gekul

I left because it got boring. Planetside was a good attempt at a MMOFPS game, but there are no goals to make playing worthwhile.

In most FPS games, the goal is to beat the other team. Ironically, there are so many people in planetside, you don't feel like you are actually making a difference. So this, combined with a shallow learning curve, lack of variety and no sense of community is what ultimately made me quit.

Although it was really enjoyable at times :)

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by Gekul
I
[snip] In most FPS games, the goal is to beat the other team. Ironically, there are so many people in planetside, you don't feel like you are actually making a difference. So this, combined with a shallow learning curve, lack of variety[snip]

This is exactly why I stopped playing , well put :)

J

Jupitus

On a minute-by-minute basis I'd agree it's hard to see if you are making a difference, but when you are in one of those massive fights and gradually you see fewer enemy hacks holding, fewer towers being taken and so on you can gradually feel the tide turning and I enjoy that.

A week or so ago we took 5 people in a squad and decided to play sabotage, dropping into bases, killing terminals, spawn tubes and generators systematically and bit by bit denied the enemy on the front lines the equipment and facilities they needed to progress. I don't have a tangible 'we stopped 50 players getting a Magrider' or similar stats, but I am still certain our efforts did make a difference.

F

Faeldawn

Stopped playing Werner months ago, once you get to BR20 there aint much left to do, went to Emerald for a change and had a lot of fun in a great outfit (weekly organised events, 4-8 fs co-ordinated strikes and other great stuff).

Eventually tho i just got to the stage where i couldnt be bothered to log on to do the same stuff over and over.

PS is still a fun game, but on a pay-to-play basis it's simply not worth it imo.

C

Cpt. Paranoia

I gave up a few months ago due to the stupid amounts of lag whenever I got into a big battle. It'd be fine the rest of the time, but as soon as a big battle ensued it'd be so sluggish and it'd just ruin the only real fun bit about the game. I might try it again at some point though.

C

Cronn

I'd quit if I had something else to play.

Tooooo many bugs.

And the fact it's a bit crap.

T

Tenko

I stopped playing not because I didnt enjoy it but because Im enjoying SWG more and I can only afford the time and money to play one game properly.

S

Scouse

If it was bastard hard to break a lock (or if, after you've locked a continent it couldn't be unlocked, or anything hacked on it for, say, 2 hours) you'd see a much more dynamic and interesting wargame.... Empires would have a realistic chance of pushing the NME way back....

Anyone wanna comment on these? ;)

J

Jupitus

Well... in recent days/weeks we have often seen an enemy forced back to it's home continents with battles raging for days sometimes. There was a spell of about 4 days when NC simply couldn't get past Cyssor as the VS had it so pinned down. We finally broke the deadlock and turned the tables with a memorable night where we were actually pinning VS inside their home continent warp bubble for a while. The tide ebbs and flows and you never know what colour the map will be when you log in or when you log out. I don't honestly thinking the locking of continents or not makes a huge difference.:)

P

[PS]Nova

I'm still playing - SG has had a lot of people leave though, and there seem to be more and more idiots playing - don't know if that's just Vanu tho :p

By the way, anyone who's been inactive for a long time and was in SG will have been removed from the outfit, but if you decide to play again you're more than welcome to get a reinvite, we do have officers online most of the time now (if not anyone else :p)

E

Esoteric

My primary objective in the game was to frag jupitus, I did that with my aa max while he was piloting his galaxy......^^ <hugs the jup>

Thats all the content spent for me!!

Serously kind of got frustrated with soe, server lag, downtime, patches and my very reasonable pc acting like I need to wind it up ^^.

Think I will come back for 1 month over christmas but Im having too much fun in daoc again. I know weird isnt it !! ^^.

J

Jupitus

^^I'd never have ^^ guessed you were ^^ back in ^^ DAOC^^ Esoteric.

:)

E

Esoteric

Rumour floating about that Lunar is well and truly back too ^^ <wonder if jupitus will renew now ^^ to chase the lady he loves>

J

Jupitus

Go back to that bunch of snivveling roleplaying prima donnas?
No chance.:rolleyes:

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Jupitus
Go back to that bunch of snivveling roleplaying prima donnas?
No chance.:rolleyes:

Thats it act cool for the forum I won't say anything I promise ^^.

/end this line now ^^

About planetside Im kinda concerned about the server mergers and how soe have generally handled things since end of summer. Another thing that put me off was the tax on top of the normal price.

Users who are viewing this thread