Truth about SI from someone who played the game since day 1

K

klavrynd

looking at those logs and the fact that they're not hybrid :

NURV!!!!

R

Ragnarok1978

Savages are on the tank table for hp and RAs for sure, according to the prices ppl pay for their RAs on US, and the amount of HP they have at 50 buffed and unbuffed.

Keep in mind that those logs are easily only showing a small part of Savage RvR. You do not triple and quad hit so very often, I don't think the quad percentage is very high, under 10 for sure. Items and armor most likely also factor in, not to mention buffs.

Generally tho, I would say savages look to be a pretty sweet class. Struggling a bit with PvE but doing great in RvR, with a few good/lucky quad hits they can probably outdamage a zerker, but overall I don't think they beat zerkers for damage.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.job
Lone, that was one negative review, difficulty taking Orange!!
Most chars hav difficulty with an orange, is says you will in the help section.

You make no mention of all the new realms, creatures, boss mobs.

Who cares? 90% of the active RvRers currently in the game will go to catacombs or warcry, see what leet quest rewards they need, go do the quests then head back to emain. ;)

If savages fully buffed at 50 (clerics make very good buffers also, with the base+spec AF buffs) couldn't take oranges, they'd be a joke. However to say they're underpowered because they can't take an orange at 20, is BS... :)
Many chars can take oranges with no difficulty. Friars, shield tanks, boltcasters, full-spec DD casters...

L

-Lonewolf-

I could be wrong with SI I have been playing a little more and its becoming more appealing the new lands seem alot better than the old but I will know more when I ding 50 then I will give u a more fulfilling view

This was just my initial impressions completely open to scrutiny and ridicule

So ridicule away people

I will return and it may be good news who knows ;)

O

old.job

Yes Land my Ench can cruise Oranges, but ask a Hero or BM what soloin an orange is like, many times I've had to help the above as they reach a sliver of health when they get a tough one.

Even boltcasters are in trouble if one bolt misses, I've had 5 resists on the run with Oranges, and ended up with no mana and a nearly dead pet.

I call that trouble:)

Anyway just watched that high-res tribute vid, SI looks sweet.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
But the AI of pets is useless and when ur pet dies as a Necro
ur health is |---| and thats all

Can't run bam ur dead bummer :(

But I will keep lvlling mine for the hell of it

heh can't expect the expansion classes to all be ten times better than the old classes... wouldn't be very fair now :)

they have their weaknesses... necro pets aren't fire and forget... they're the necromancers lifeblood - you have to keep them alive.

A

Adralend

I must say I look forward to the comming of SI, a friend of mine plays us, so I have been so lucky to try it for a while. But true it's just like normal DAoC after a week or two.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.job
Yes Land my Ench can cruise Oranges, but ask a Hero or BM what soloin an orange is like, many times I've had to help the above as they reach a sliver of health when they get a tough one.

Even boltcasters are in trouble if one bolt misses, I've had 5 resists on the run with Oranges, and ended up with no mana and a nearly dead pet.

I call that trouble:)

Anyway just watched that high-res tribute vid, SI looks sweet.

I said shield tanks. You show me a lvl50 shield hero that can't solo an orange, and I'll show you a gimp/noob/moron =)

K

Keri

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
I could be wrong with SI I have been playing a little more and its becoming more appealing the new lands seem alot better than the old but I will know more when I ding 50 then I will give u a more fulfilling view

This was just my initial impressions completely open to scrutiny and ridicule

So ridicule away people

I will return and it may be good news who knows ;)

Glad to see you're prepared to give it a chance. First impressions are often those that you should keep to yourself. :p

L

-Lonewolf-

I have seen the Zen and am now more open to interpretation

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom