Film True Stories

Laddey

FH is my second home
Well i just watched Changeling with Angelina Jolie, its a true story and its such a great film, i actually had tears in my eyes. Really, what a fucking fantastic film and she is a fantastic actress.

Can anybody reccomend me anymore true stories?

Laddey

FH is my second home
why does it matter if a movie is a true story or not?
it matters a whole lot tbh. I dunno, i just take true stories more seriously, it means quite alot to me. James Bond and shit like that are good for a bit of fun but if im watching a true story i imagine it in my head, fuck knows man but surely people will back me up on this?

Laddey

FH is my second home
Maybe its me about why it has to be a true story etc. Hard to explain Huntingtons m8 i guess its more beleivable if its a true story

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
have to spread my loving before i can rep you again cork :D

Personally i doesnt matter to me. Its a movie, its not gonna be true to the story in any case. Documentaries are much closer.
True story based movies are for people who want to watch the news as a soap.

Laddey

FH is my second home
have to spread my loving before i can rep you again cork :D

Personally i doesnt matter to me. Its a movie, its not gonna be true to the story in any case. Documentaries are much closer.
True story based movies are for people who want to watch the news as a soap.
must be me then. Changeling for instance shows this story in detail, and in motion where as the news isn't gonna go back to 1928 and watching the story rather than reading it is much, much more interesting

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I watched The Matrix, that's a true story ;)

Well, I should know, I'm the one ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Die Hard 1 and 2.

Third one is a bit loosely based and 4th forgot the whole thing with the space station, but the quadrology is based on facts in essence.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Into the Wild, truly amazing story. Very touching and a real eye opener.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i'm always a bit suspicious of "true" stories, I mean its all in the perception of the teller so whats true for one person could be totally different from other people involved. A lot of the big historical movies are so loosely based on the truth they may as well just be fiction (Alexander anyone?).

Generally i stay away from them because they are usually heartwarming or heart wrenching or something like that, I perfer action and comedy because i like my movies to get me the hell away from real life.

Laddey

FH is my second home
True stories are the bomb, even if they are based on true stories.

Cass, Donnie Brasco, Changeling. Fucking brilliant films i must say, watched Cass like 5mins ago. Fucking fantastic film, it really was.

True stories are just heart warming when they have a nice ending.

I'm waiting for the Charles Bronson film to be released.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Think, then post :D
nah i mean some true stories just have partly true bits in, then the other bits are made up shit. Where as some stories are based purely on the truth.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Just because they say its a true story doesnt make it so :p
Blair Witch Project is testement to that

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
:D Never watched anything before that made me want to just fuck off away from it all.

Well, that's true, it works as such(gods we're discussing it :D), BUT, for a story that has a message of leaving material behind and legging it, to be made into a movie that's being used to gather money for someone, it's rather ironic.

Same goes for any show critisizing capitalism really :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
actually, a truth based film that i flipping loved was chopper, that was excellent...not what you'd call heartwarming though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom