TV True Detective Season 2 - pls tag spoilers with Ep #

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well - I am enjoying this so far. Episode 1 was slow but laid the scene, I just watched episode 2 and really enjoyed it :)

Ep 2 spoiler:
... and WTF? Have they gone all GoT on us??

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm reasonably enjoying it, but the plot reveal is disjointed and hard to follow. I thought it was me, but plenty of Twitter chat evidencing I'm not the only one.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't watch it, no freaking time to be honest, but love the "pls tag spoilers with ep #" :p

I'll support any antispoiler activity tbf.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Episode 2:
I mean, he has to be alive, right? Assuming that was the same shotgun that disappeared Caspere's meat and two veg but the stomach is all soft and stuff and not filled with hip bones and pelvises and whatnot.
I like it, it does jump around a bit but I think it will find its feet. It took a couple of episodes to get into the first season as I recall (and then it disappointingly plateaued and tailed off towards the end but here's hoping that's not the case here).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Abso-fucking-lutely. I happened to have my sub turned up too high when I watched the first episode. Oh my days.

Also, Game of Thrones sounds orgasmic loud. Off topic but I also really like the Halt and Catch Fire theme and intro...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not sure I blinked once in that last 5 or 6 minutes.
As street shootouts go, that was Heat-good.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That was a great episode... really getting interesting!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Not really feeling this series, too many side stories with no real flow or direction. And it's all pure luck they have any leads at all.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Can I watch this season without seeing the first? I love Colin that's all.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Can I watch this season without seeing the first? I love Colin that's all.

Yes, the seasons have completely unrelated story lines with different characters. You could watch season 1 after season 2 or not at all if you like (it is really good though).

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I intend to watch season 1 but was put off by how slow people said it was, I can deal with slow if it is done by a favourite actor such as CF. Pacino does slow very well as does Crowe (those 2 in the Insider was almost perfection), Crowe has gone a bit gay and singy lately though :eek:

old.user4556

Not really feeling this series, too many side stories with no real flow or direction. And it's all pure luck they have any leads at all.

That's exactly how I was feeling about it, but:

the street shoot out and now this prostitute infiltration have grabbed my attention just in time, so i'll see it out

I intend to watch season 1 but was put off by how slow people said it was, I can deal with slow if it is done by a favourite actor such as CF. Pacino does slow very well as does Crowe (those 2 in the Insider was almost perfection), Crowe has gone a bit gay and singy lately though :eek:

I hated the first series, utterly and thoroughly boring. Far too slow and the southern drawl dialogue was just too muffled and left me thinking "WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT".

A bit like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKcUdDWIHOI

old.user4556

What a bag of predictable incoherent tenuous meh that was. Jesus.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
This show is good at creating an atmosphere, but the plot this season was kinda nonsensical and the finale was pretty unsatisfying.

old.user4556

This show is good at creating an atmosphere, but the plot this season was kinda nonsensical and the finale was pretty unsatisfying.

The atmosphere was excellent - the music, the flyovers, the intro. The plot made fuck-all sense, or at least the plot was so thin that they had to pad it out with pointless words to spin it out. I had to pause it so many times and turn to my missus and say "hang on, what the fuck is going on here, who the fuck is he and what's that got to do with anything?". I thought I was suffering a stroke because my head hurt with the feelings of "no, sorry, still makes no fucking sense".

These reviews sums it up for me (SPOILERS):

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/10/9125723/true-detective-finale-recap-season-2

"The story's twists and turns eventually left behind any sense of internal logic and simply started jetting all over the place in the hopes of making us think we were watching a more sophisticated story than "cops solve a crime." "

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...ide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Those posts sum up my issues, I know we've discussed season one and at times how it was slow. However at least they investigated a case, and followed the leads to the end of the story.

The amount of minutes spent on Woodrowes hidden past that we never really found out about. Or pissing on with the whole paternity thing, just to give us a reason why Ray got involved with the local gangster. Way to much filler and there wasn't even any hot sex to perk it up :p

Hopefully if there's a third season they'll maintain the atmosphere and how well it's all put together but put an actual investigation in the middle of it.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I can see what they were trying to do this season. Last time it was a bit slower because it was supposed to be like an old case in a backwater town. This time the story was set in a big city with lots of corruption. I suppose they were trying to bring the city to life by adding in all these different characters with conflicting interests. Then they hoped to lead us through the web of corruption to solve the case.

Instead what happened was that they introduced a bunch of confusing characters with half-baked back stories that never got properly developed or resolved. I think perhaps they tried to do too much for a season that is only 8 episodes long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom