Trophies = Huge Vaults?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Me again!

Just watched the video about trophies. I love the fact you attach trophies on your character, but obviously they cannot be traded (kinda defeats the point of them hehe).

In Daoc I had a lvl 1 character called something like Vaultnoob. He was used to hold all the items which I wanted to keep, but had no space on the main character.

If Trophies are here for diversity and badassery, will we receive huge vaults? If not, how are we supposed to keep these trophies?
I worry that people will eventually accumalte multiple trophies, but run out of vault space to store them.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
tis a good point tbh,
maybe you will get a vault exclusive to store trophies. or maybe they assume that as you get higher levels, u will be buying more vault/storage space with your money to store them in. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, keep the cash flow going, and offers another reason for u to splash out a little :)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Dont agree with you on not actually being able to trade trophies....... plain and simply because if you for example gain a trophy for defeating the largest squig in the game, what would be the point of then simply passing it to another character? they didn't kill the squig so why should they walk around with it? also we've been told trophies dont have any stats so again there's no benefit on passing them to someone else?

As for storing them I do see your concerns here...... maybe the bank will have a special place for them? and if they introduce housing at a later date or in an expansion then I'm sure they will definately introduce a trophy cabinet!

Night_Stalker

Fledgling Freddie
a bank might solve some of that issue but, still i compare this somewhat to ingame mini-pets in wow, they are only for looks and you hold some for some long forgotten venture's but honestly you mostly always use the same one. The rest jsut gathers dust, so mebe it isn't such a big problem after all.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Solving this would be very simple and I would be surprised if this isn't how they plan to do it.

Make trophies unlock as part of the Tome of Knowledge.

You get several slots to customise you're look, simply select what goes where the same way you do with a title, that way you won't have to deal with a load of silly objects, just several lists.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Solving this would be very simple and I would be surprised if this isn't how they plan to do it.

You get several slots to customise you're look, simply select what goes where the same way you do with a title, that way you won't have to deal with a load of silly objects, just several lists.

Yeah makes sense seeing as most of what we've heard saying these things will be awarded via the ToK so Lexa may well be onto something!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Dont agree with you on not actually being able to trade trophies....... plain and simply because if you for example gain a trophy for defeating the largest squig in the game, what would be the point of then simply passing it to another character? they didn't kill the squig so why should they walk around with it? also we've been told trophies dont have any stats so again there's no benefit on passing them to someone else?

As for storing them I do see your concerns here...... maybe the bank will have a special place for them? and if they introduce housing at a later date or in an expansion then I'm sure they will definately introduce a trophy cabinet!

Sorry Chrislocalboy I think this is a misunderstanding. I meant "It kinda defeatss the point of them" if you could trade them. After reading your post, then re-reading my original post I kinda see how it mislead you.

I wonder if the banks will be like WoW where you buy additional space. Much like what Sonicborg hinted at

Bahumat

FH is my second home

In the video he says something about "you unlock the achievement and goto the NPC and collect your reward". Lets hope the NPC says "ooh Bahumat that lollipop you recieved for kissing all the snakes can now be placed on your armour. To locate this please seach your Tomb of Cakeage"

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
hehe i thought u meant u wanted to be able to trade them too :D

the idea of them being select from ToK is a answer to the problem, but in my opinion, the trophies are objects, and therefore should take up space somewhere, be nice if they are going to be involved on mounts and possibly future player/guild housing too. so long as people dont put them on the walls going up stairs, kept hitting my head in DAoC

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry Chrislocalboy I think this is a misunderstanding. I meant "It kinda defeatss the point of them" if you could trade them. After reading your post, then re-reading my original post I kinda see how it mislead you.

I wonder if the banks will be like WoW where you buy additional space. Much like what Sonicborg hinted at

Ahhhh no worries mate, yeah total mis-understanding, my apologies!

I wonder how many of these will be easily available? I mean by say level 15 is our bank/vault going to be busting with them or are we only going to have 1 or 2 (which would then be on our char anyway)

Theres going to be a lot of titles I think, obviously these wont be physical items so wont cause a problem, maybe like I said theres not going to be lots of trophies therefore wont cause to much of a problem?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I believe it was stated somewhere you simply could idd get the trophy from your Tome of Knowledge, so no space taking... This would honoustly be a way better way too, since stuffing your vault with all kinds of trophies (even if it possible concerning free slots and stuff) would make it very hectical (imagine trying to find a blade in your vault, but first have to wade through entire corridors filled with trophies... just not very practical :) )

Anyways, ToK is probably the way it'll be done, and imho it's the best way to solve this little problem.

PS: it's also been stated there will be MANY trophies, so this problem is idd a problem, chrislocalboy ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
In the video they said at lvl 5 you can equip 1 trophy. They did mention limited edition box sets etc so maybe that's how some people will get their first. I dont know at what level these will become more readily available

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
at lvl 5 you can EQUIP 1 trophy at a time, but you will most likely HAVE more...
I mean, at lvl 40 (which is cap lvl) you an only have 5 trophies on you if I'm not mistaken, but I'm pretty sure you'll have at least 25 to choose from at that point... probably even more.

And I don't think they'll make sure people who buy limited edition boxes get a special trophy to start with, seems kinda ridiculous because I believe ingame trophies should be items to show your ingame skill... not items to show your reallife buyingskills ;) (allthough mythic in daoc did occasionaly hand out special pets to people who pre-ordered certain expansions or shit like that...)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Well in the supposed leaked collectors edition info (which was never confirmed but not denied either) there was mention of having access to an extra quest or two if I remember right? there'd be little point in an extra quest that simply rewarded you money so trophy would make sense.

However I do agree a trophy is a representation of your in-game achievements, not if you had the extra brass to buy the collecters edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom