Film Tron Legacy

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Saw this yesterday, IMAX and 3D... could have done more with the 3D bits, but overall, it was a pretty fantastic experience. If you go to see a movie this xmas, see it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oooh nice, I am seeing it on Thursday :)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Will be going too, been looking forward to this for ages, all the initial revews look good, which is pleasing

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I'm supposed to be Imaxing it on the 30th, here's hoping the snow has buggered off by then!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nice one, wanted to hear some good things about the film after a few dodgy reviews.

Larossa

Fledgling Freddie
I saw this yesterday (Sunday) with a group of mates. The plot is a bit thin but the special effects are nicely done. I never saw the original Tron so some bits went over my head but not a bad film if you just want light entertainment.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I saw this yesterday (Sunday) with a group of mates. The plot is a bit thin but the special effects are nicely done. I never saw the original Tron so some bits went over my head but not a bad film if you just want light entertainment.
I've got the original saved on my Skybox from a few weeks ago.
I'm like a lot of 30-something blokes who want to see this. I saw the original in 1982 and was blown away. I'm not expecting anything to engage my brain, but I am expecting to walk out of the cinema with seared retinas. :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I'm looking forward to it. Loved the original. Had a pop up book that had the light cycles on a bit of elastic that let you pull the bikes back and simulate them crashing through the wall of the arena. :)

I wonder if it's still lying around my parent's house....

Turamber

Part of the furniture
My first foray into computing involved writing a light cycle game for my old MZ80K which I ported across to the Spectrum and the C64. Ahh, happy times. BASIC ftw :D

I can barely remember the plot to Tron, despite having the poster on my bedroom wall until I was about 21, but looking forward to this new one all the same.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Just got back from the imax in brum to watch this. Really enjoyed it, but I do have 2 annoyances.

Only 1 fat security guard? Really?

and

For most of the film, all I kept thinking about was Star Wars, what with the jedi robes, dual-sabers, and the lightplanes. When Sam took the rear gunner position I just had to shout "Don't get cocky, kid!" and the immediate audiance burst into laughter...

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just watched it, was good but agree with the thin plot. Soundtrack and cameo by Daft Punk was good.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Never really connected with the movie and entertainment was ruined a bit by the awful 3d glasses(useless feature in the film). As such, good entertainment and a rewatch is probably better.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
They made a big point of how this was shot using the next generation of 3D cameras that were used in Avatar. I didnt really think the 3D was all that great tbh, i didnt really notice it. I was more impressed by the de-ageing of Jeff Bridges as CLU

When i see a film now, i always go for the 2D version, because its cheaper and the glasses give me a headache, but with Tron, there wasn't an option for 2D, but still got charged the more expensive tickets

But saying that, i did like it very much, and would like to see it again on the big screen

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Never been a fan of the 3D stuff. It worked somewhat in the fully CG scenes in Avatar although strangely the best example of it for me was the Sky 3D advert which makes me think it's just bollocks if the best I can think of is a fricking advert for the 3D service, meh.

Anyhow, really liked the film. Olivia Wilde as hot as ever and Jeff Bridges getting his philosophical dude on all the while showing off some well done special efects and some excellent set pieces, what's not to like?

The lad playing his son was good, wasn't entirely sure on Michael Sheens OTT party host character but hey.

Music I really enjoyed, very fitting.

Not necessarily a spoiler but i'll mark it as such anyway (regarding the Jeff Bridges/CLU CG youngification):
The young Jeff bridges only really bothered me at the start of the movie, it strayed into uncanny valley :(. In the grid though, didn't occur to me that he was CG'd as it was a different character really so the mannerisms seemed much more natural.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Really enjoyed the movie, thought the Grid lent itself well to the 3D aspect of the film, only dodged once but then I'm always on edge!

Roll on Number 3 :D I so got to see that sexy blonde bitch in that white suit again!! They could not possibly kill off something so perfect!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I so got to see that sexy blonde bitch in that white suit again!! They could not possibly kill off something so perfect!

QFT she was soooo very hot!

Really enjoyed the film. Sure it may not have the deepest of plots but what it has works and made for a very enjoyable afternoons viewing.

Shame about Jeff Bridge's false teeth!

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
loved the visuals, loved the music even more. the first film i've seen in 2011 in the cinema and a great start, if they were all on this level i'd be happy! olivia wilde is awesome!

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
What the hell was Sheen doing? Channeling some kind of Brian Clough / Bowie megamix o_O;;

The plot was very disjointed in places, thankfully they have some good actors in the main roles to hold it all together.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Saw this yesterday, IMAX and 3D... could have done more with the 3D bits, but overall, it was a pretty fantastic experience. If you go to see a movie this xmas, see it.

More 3D bits? Clearly you are mad.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
More 3D bits? Clearly you are mad.

Think he means more of the "3 dimensional" bits, with glasses and all(which was rather nonexistant), but as far as the old school 3D term goes, ot much could've been done :D

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Think he means more of the "3 dimensional" bits, with glasses and all(which was rather nonexistant), but as far as the old school 3D term goes, ot much could've been done :D

Yeah, what he said.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I watched this yesterday and while I enjoyed the film I couldnt help but feel it missed something.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I watched this yesterday and while I enjoyed the film I couldnt help but feel it missed something.

Yeap. While the 3d-glass malarky(especially since it's like putting shades on...) did kill some of the focus, there was still some element that lacked in the link between the viewer and the story.

Kinda like matrix 1, you felt apart of it and it left you with differentiating levels of feelings of "Whoa...is this...or...", but this was just "Yeah, cool spandex man."

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Exactly, I felt like I should have cared more about Jeff Bridges character but didnt. Mind the female lead was smoking hot! Plus the effects were great, specially the jumping into light cycles slow mo bullet time thingymabob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom