Trivia Question re:mixed class marriage in albion

M

minnie

If 2 people decide to marry what is your idea of a perfect match ?

people are getting married and I sometimes wonder if the match is right as regards their class.

It would be nice too if Mythic introduced a quest that gave loads of xp and good items for marriage.

As it stands getting married doesn't mean anything in terms of benefit. That's why I can't be bothered.

SO who would you put with who as a perfect partnership ? or does any combination work and if so why ?

P

Piper

Originally posted by minnie

As it stands getting married doesn't mean anything in terms of benefit. That's why I can't be bothered.

Ah, mirroring real life :)

G

Garris-

Originally posted by minnie
It would be nice too if Mythic introduced a quest that gave loads of xp and good items for marriage.

Oh god no. If the rewards are too good.. people will start getting married just for those rewards. This will result in:

1) More god-damn flirting.
2) People running around broadcasting in camelot "10G for someone to marry me!"
3) Other not-goodness.

I think maybe having marriages reconised by the game would be nice.. but no bonuses or penalties..

P

Pixie.Pebr

New way to make cash for main:
Roll Wife-Alts and sell them on the market.

How to get phat lewt:
Roll a Wife-Bot and do all teh ubahr wifeyquests.

Got a good Wife-bot?
Ebay it for real cash, better than reallife and (almost) legal!

S

SoulFly Amarok

Persons who go hand in hand

Minnie & Gohrim

S

SilverHood

The wedding quest

For the male:
Ring of the Dark Mistress
+10 dex
-5% spirit
+10% body

for the female
Ring of the Horny Demon
+10 con
-5% cold
+10% spirit

T

Teh Fonz!!1

I always thought that the real basis of a successful relationship is the 100% knowledge that your wife is a female and not a 34 year old virgin male looking to pick up kids.

S

SilverHood

I always thought that the real basis of a successful relationship is the 100% knowledge that your wife is a female and not a 34 year old virgin male looking to pick up kids.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1

ZZzzzzzzzING!!

He's da man.:D

E

Euthanasia.

ROFL, i worked out who Minnie is me thinks.

E

eben

How about items for the solo male too?

Frenzied Wrizt's Ring:

+10 quickness
+3 right-hand
+3 matter

O

old.Hellskor

In Beta there were Priests in the Capitals were you could get married.
You said the right words to him, then he asked your 'wife' (or husband) if she/(he) wants to marry etc.
Was a nice little Ceremony and the Gothi of Frigg (in Midgard) made a nice little lightshow aswell.
During the ceremony you got a Large Wedding Ring (male) and another Wedding Ring for the wife, those needed to be exchanged between the couple for the Marriage to settle.
No stats on those rings, but was a kinda nice quest ;)

Now givf Gothi of Frigg back FFS!

(and who is Minnie in-game?)

M

minstrel_kyra

I had heard about that wedding quest, sounded cool. Unfortuantely we didn't have anything like that here in Albion. I hope that GOA does decide to put it back into the game, would be really fun.

Obviously Teh Fonz has a VERY good point. :clap: But seriously, I would say its should be like real life. Someone who is your friend, someone you get along with well. As far as class is concerned, well we all know that some classes work better together than others. Such as minstrels have more to offer the casting classes than perhaps an armsman (well aside from speed song and heal song if they are really desparate for a heal :) ) Just ask Lakarell how many times I have gotten him killed and you will also see that some classes don't work well together. :p Its just a matter of who you spend all your time together with in game and how you want to play the game.

I know that many find the whole idea silly, but it all boils down to how you want to play the game. For many of us, (me included) its a great way to role play, or even if you aren't a hardcore rp, to further your character's storyline.

As long as people remember that while this is a game, there is a line to be drawn and there are real people on the other side of that computer screen.

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1

LMFAO!

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Delket

Your da not. :D

/puts sick back in cage

*yawns*

and yuo da upstart wannabe-sp4mmz0r.

Keep trying. :p

O

old.Gombur Glodson

So harsh and brutal.