Trip to Copenhagen

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
As in a revelation me and the GF decided to take a trip to Denmark by car. Was great fun driving over the Östersund bridge and then arriving in Kopenhagen. First we drove around to check out the city and ended up in Chinatown by mistake, so we hurried back to centrum.
Lived at Hotel Imperial during our stay which was great (tho i do hate the Danes for extra charging my card just because i come from Sweden, and i didnt exchange before we went into Denmark!!)
Beds were ultra comfortable and bouncy, this is a big plus for Denmark!
Didnt try the Pölse but it might aswell taste like any Swedish sausage.

Then we proceeded to the famous Tivoli on this extraordinary summers day, great great place! Walked around, ate some Ben & Jerrys, had a few beers and bought some glasses / souvenirs in the usual tourist fashion.

Then of course we took a walk to Strøget. Unusually long street packed to the brim with stores of different kinds, then proceeded to sit down and have a few beers in one of the beer-stands! Well, we did not have time to do so much more than that besides eating at Hard Rock Café (soooo goood).

Will definately be back in Denmark soon. Next time im coming for YOU Anders!

Edit: Pictures will be here soon.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Chinatown? wtf, we have a Chinatown? :p I very much doubt that mate, hah

But good to hear you had a great time here. I've been to many capitals in Europe and Copenhagen is by far my favourite, especially during this time of the year when everything is turning green and you can smell the freshness in the air :) Everything seems so much more relaxed!

When you get back, pm me first and I'll take you out somewhere if I have the time!

eksdee

FH is my second home
Went with some friends last year. Beautiful city, shame it is so expensive - even compared to London!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
I love Denmark :) I go every few months now a days.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Gothenburg > All!

Afaik IFK even beat FCK last time luL! ;)

CorNokZ

Yeah, but we were in the Champions league this year, lulz! :D

CorNokZ

Denmark won the Royal League all three times it was played :) Two of which were Copenhagen

Lethul

FH is my second home
Denmark won the Royal League all three times it was played :) Two of which were Copenhagen

Can't say I ever watched it. Was fun when you were zapping past the channel tho seeing snow covered fields and empty stadiums. Did they really think it was a good idea when they made it up? :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Chinatown? wtf, we have a Chinatown? :p I very much doubt that mate, hah

But good to hear you had a great time here. I've been to many capitals in Europe and Copenhagen is by far my favourite, especially during this time of the year when everything is turning green and you can smell the freshness in the air :) Everything seems so much more relaxed!

When you get back, pm me first and I'll take you out somewhere if I have the time!

Yes you have a Chinatown. This larger alley were smacked with chinese and thai stores, and there were delivery trucks carrying fish etc, thats sums up any Chinatown. Oh, and there were lots of chinese ppl running about.
And i agree, everything was so fresh and clean! Will be giving you a call next time fo shore.

Gothenburg > All!

Afaik IFK even beat FCK last time luL! ;)

I was here as well. Took a whole day on Lisseberg and managed to have a go at atmosFEAR! 76m or so free fall.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes you have a Chinatown. This larger alley were smacked with chinese and thai stores, and there were delivery trucks carrying fish etc, thats sums up any Chinatown. Oh, and there were lots of chinese ppl running about.

Read this as: "Scared Swede, fearing for knickers getting robbed, sees two asian guys infront of a laundromat."

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
looking more and more likely that i'll be moving to copenhagen in september, what is rent like on a 1 bed flat fairly close to the centre, or just a double room in a house?

Is it true that its like 15e an hour for working in mcdonalds and such shit?

CorNokZ

It is extremely expensive to rent in Copenhagen. Especially if you want to live near the centre of the city. The GF and I are renting a three room apartment and it costs us £522,74 a month and we don't live in the centre(but 5 minutes on bus/bike and you'll be there)

And yeah €15 sounds about right. I get paid €17/h and I do fuck all. Fill up two bars so that they are ready for the night and do the accountings from the day before. Takes me about 5-6 hours and it's easy money. Working at a McD I could imagine would be even easier..

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It is extremely expensive to rent in Copenhagen. Especially if you want to live near the centre of the city. The GF and I are renting a three room apartment and it costs us £522,74 a month and we don't live in the centre(but 5 minutes on bus/bike and you'll be there)

And yeah €15 sounds about right. I get paid €17/h and I do fuck all. Fill up two bars so that they are ready for the night and do the accountings from the day before. Takes me about 5-6 hours and it's easy money. Working at a McD I could imagine would be even easier..

£522 p/m is a bargain! We rent a 3 bed house for about £820 a month and its nowhere near the city centre and its not even the capital.

Cheers for the info man

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
My cousin been leaving there for more than a year now and despite all my efforts havent found the time to go visit her.

And my! shes always posting on facebook pics of every party she attends, and must admit im surprised by the amount of partying those vikings have in their bodies :clap:

CorNokZ

£522 p/m is a bargain! We rent a 3 bed house for about £820 a month and its nowhere near the city centre and its not even the capital.

Cheers for the info man
We live very cheap mind you. My last place I had one room and cost me £320ish. Copenhagen is an expensive place to live, but you can get lucky, like we did, and get something really cheap.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I hear it's expensive, but I imagine, as with anywhere... if you know where to go then doesn't have to be massively expensive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom