Trine's Pretty Comprehensive Guide to being a Healer v1.0

B

Belsameth

tho I haven't read it (yet) I can only commend your effort.
there's too many bad healers around, and I hope this'll make at least a few of them somewhat competend :D

H

Hargh

tee hee. the healer as peeler :eek:) crimes it rhymes!

i have to say there is a serious lack of really clever guides out there. loads give templates and race advice but not the in depth nitty gritty.
well done. tip top. huzzah.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Thanks for the comments all.

I've now updated the guide to v1.0.1 from feedback I've got from the community.

Special thanks to Mikal (one of the finest Healers in the game, imo) for his detailed comments.

T

torcuil

Why no low-pac high-mend-and-aug templates?

They're just as valid, one would think.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Cos I think they're gimped ;)

Nah, there's a whole load of templates in use that I didn't put up. No matter how many you come up with someone else will come up with others. It isn't a definitive list, just a few suggestions.

F

Freia

Very nice work Trine!

I did notice one or two "or" which should have been "of" or perhaps the other way around, and some double negation which was probably not meant te bo there. (sorry i read it a couple of hours ago before lunch so dunno exactly where).

And are you sure haste debuf interrupts casting? I have been told it don't. :(

Oh and amnesia makes a player in PvP loose their targets apart from being interrupted! :)

Oh and do learn to play without clicking the quickbar! ;)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Thanks Freia.

Aye, haste debuffs do interrupt.

And amnesia doesn't make the enemy lose its target (though I wish it did).

These should both be testable in duels, but I'm pretty sure the info is correct.

As for playing without clicking? Well, I'm getting better - most of my main QB comes off the keypad these days. I still struggle with my utiity bars, though. :)

F

Freia

I keep all my important spells in the top slots on the quickbars. Like mez, stun, aemez etc in top slots of qbar1. Instaheals, pugre on qbar2. All kinds of heals in top slots of qbar3. Instamez on qbar4. Then fill in with less important stuff further down on the quickbars. That way i can access almost everything without having to reach 7 or 8. Works very well :)
Edit: oh you use the numpad. i guess that makes the playstyle somewhat different. i move with W A S D and use the same hand for spells).

So.. im misinformed again.. :rolleyes:. But one other thing though: Haste debuf will make styled damage higher (slower weaponspeed --> higher damage), though it will not affect unstyled damage per swing. But if they style the next swing will hit harder if you debuf them, i spose it evens out over time but still...

(i'm just nitpicking. i really like the guide!) :)

S

Suedish

I've never really wanted to play a healer, but after reading the introduction part of your guide i really feel it would be a great class to play.
Very nice work!

A

agreiloth

Not that the herald is the truth, but it claims that Amnesia does indeed 'cause the enemy to loose target. Have anyone tested this ? And duels don't count, some real RvR testing would be nice :)

http://www.camelotherald.com/spells/line.php?line=2800

Click the link and read :
Amnesia (AOE)
Chance that the target's 'hate list' (which controls which target a monster will attack next) is cleared; it becomes then very easy for other group members to 'taunt' or distract. This will cause player characters to lose their selected target. This is an "Area of Effect" (AOE) spell which can affect multiple targets in the spell's radius.

/Agreiloth - the n000b strikes back!

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Interesting.

I know that bards spam their insta AE amnesia all the time (the timer is broken, I believe). It interrupts, that's for sure - most Mids/Albs must have experienced this. However, I've never seen myself lose target. Also, when I've chain-cast amnesia on a target I'll usuually see them continuing to try and cast - if they lost their target the first time I'd expect them to take a few seconds to notice before seeing the casting animation again.

I don't think I've ever seen any evidence that amnesia makes you lose your target.

A

agreiloth

Well I'll test it on Gorre, and post my result here. Dunno if I have time tonight though, and since I'm leaving for sweden tomorrow morning, I can't promise I'll have a result before this weekend.

Oh btw great guide! I for one didn't know that specced heals didn't have variance :wall:

/Agreiloth - Yet another n00b

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom