Tribes 3?

C

Custy

I think they should shape the game around smaller teams. 64 players a side looks impressive on the box but in practice it just doesn't work. i think 10-14 players a side is more than enough to fill the different roles but allows better teamplay... whatever that is.

There should also be an anti twat test on installation to stop people ruining the game :)

A

AntiPop

Before T3 was announced Thrax Panda (from Sierra) posted a thread on The Ladder forums with this sort of direction to it:

"If we had an unlimited budget and time and wanted to make a Tribes game to compete with CounterStrike what would it need?"

Although everybody doubted they had the time and money it was obvious they were checking on the communities vision of a future Tribes game.

The responses were almost unanimous. A game slightly faster than Base, with smaller sides, a long learning curve but easy for n00bs to get into. There were many other smaller comments but most were agreed. Whilst some people did want a larger "war" type game of a Planetside scale Sierra were not keen on that direction. The thread finished with Marweas (it may have been Thrax) agreeing that what had been suggested was very much what they'd had in mind.

Since then "Tribes 3" has been confirmed, it will be a new game (Marweas highlights that so people don't say "I wanted T1/T2") but will not forsake it's heritage. Sierra have also announced since then that they have signed 2015 (of Medal of Honour fame) to design a game for them, which is yet to be specified. People are already drawing a link, a link that looks pretty good imo :)

If you want some idea of what the community wants and what Sierra has in mind the original thread is here, in all it's 156 post glory.

T

theriven

/drunkerd rant.

ok this makes me sick.
so far the arguments have been :

1) make it like tribes 1
2) make it so that q3/cs players wont want to play
3) make it so that anyone who hasnt played tribes 1 wont play it
4) less vehicles
5) make it like tribes 1
6) make smaller teams cos we all know that q3/cs teams are a better size

1) make it like tribes 1 .Why? the game died while other online games didnt, cs for all its faults is still the no 1 game then its q3/ut

2) make it so that q3/cs players wont want to play . good fucking stratagy that! alianate the poeple who want to play and want to play something new straight away.

3) make it so that anyone who hasnt played tribes 1 wont play it . see 1 and 2

4) less vehicles . yer cos we all hate slaming bastards off the tops of hills in a shrike, runing people down in a grav/tank, and bombing the arse of the enemy defence.

5) make it like tribes 1. see 1,2 and 3

6) make smaller teams cos we all know that q3/cs teams are a better size . see 1,2,3 and 5.

Ok so i came from a q3 background, but why do i want to play tribes? bigger teams (when your playing even with n0obs you can sometimes get a game where ya think "hey that was fucking good fun") vehicles (weee ya bastard this little link i got going with grav cycles/shrikes pwns. Har har ya cant get past this teams defence and i dont know whos tailgunning but hes taking down the bastards in teh shrikes).
This game aint gonna reach us for a good while yet, and if it looks like it will run on a minimum spec pc and run good (this aint for me cos im running an athlon xp1900+ with 80 gid hd lots of ram and a gf4 ti4400-whoohoo thanky santa) then whats the big deal? Aint that a good thing?
pesonaly id love to see the tribes name take away a fuck load of players from q3 /cs / ut /ut2003, shit even if ya could get the fecking nerdy type daoc players then wouldnt it be better ?
Give the fucking developors a chance, accept that whatever your gonna get its not gonna be tribes 1 or 2, have fun till it comes out then if its cack dont buy the fucking thing, its pretty simple really.

end of drunkerd rant/.

claimor
n0ob and fucking proud of it.

W

|WarpiG|

wotever happens tribes aint dead, for that i am happy

If T3 is goin to be wot u say it then i wil play it, some nice little mod team will create a game that i like, with plenty of variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom