Trees are gimps

O

old.windforce

i was helping out on an epic in lyonesse and was kinda bored afterwards

decided to see if i could solo a witherwood (was buffed with red spec buffs + earthen fury)

stupid enough i forget i was still grouped and pulled a tree and 3 came (purple witherwood, red witherwood + orange worm)

i beated the crap out of all 3 solo o.0

i remember the days you needed a full group for that

things as IP, passive RAs and spellcrafted armor really screwed up the con system in pve

K

Kahland

Why did ppl stop doing trees just because of df ?. Also camping the giants at dragon lair is great exp :bore:

A

Adelle

Probably because killing trees is one of the most dull things you can do in this game (and the xp isn't all that good either, tbh)? ;)

Now there are several places with better xp - Avalon, Darkness Falls, Dartmoor (a guild favourite), Krondon... All of Lyonesse has been deserted for a while now, and the only people who still XP there are cabalists and sorcs with their buffbots/twinkfils ;)

O

old.windforce

trees are so boring...

and cauton is right
only ppl you see there are cabalists

G

Gran

Don't forget the Necromancers with the few undead camps

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Kahland
Why did ppl stop doing trees just because of df ?. Also camping the giants at dragon lair is great exp :bore:

You get more xp in the dungeons and you also get seals which equal items/money :O

and giants/withers <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< DF :)

O

old.Shivian

Yea but the thing was that Tree groups in Albion allowed players to bond (don't get silly now :p ). I picked up many, many friends in my time exping Shivian. Tree/wrom hunting was so mind numbingly boring that you had to entertain yourselves with the group. You learned other players weaknesses and strengths.

As mad as you lot were...only 1 person ever made my ignore list during that time.

O

old.windforce

hmm, curious all of a sudden. who?

T

tildson

Doing trees for the third time atm, cant say its very exiting nor fast :) Though, them purpish Huscarls in Dodens are kinda fun, hit Xanatea (merc) for 900dmg ;) Big laugh you will get aswell.

43+ DF is by far the best xp, 47+ doing jedis is probably the best xp in all 3 realms - and great cash and seals aswell. Roaming stonelords, pounders, elders etc in DM are pretty good exp aswell. Fun atleast :) And it drops great stuff for tanks too

O

old.Shivian

Originally posted by old.windforce
hmm, curious all of a sudden. who?

Who was the most anoying person in the whole of Albion? And still is judging from what other people say about him.

Who do you think would win the vote?

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by old.Shivian
Who was the most anoying person in the whole of Albion? And still is judging from what other people say about him.

St. Najwa the Guildless

O

old.windforce

it is mcKfly and i think he changed a bit in positive way
he was an annoying prick who made my BW ignore list (only one ever made that list)

hmm najwa i can imagion altough i never had trouble with him

please tell who was it? :D

S

Sharma

Shivian where have you been? havent seen you in ages, only saw your death spam in odin's a couple of nights back :D

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I'd say Genius.

O

old.Shivian

Originally posted by sharma
Shivian where have you been? havent seen you in ages, only saw your death spam in odin's a couple of nights back :D

I'm still around here and there, but not like I used to be :)

I wish all the mids/hibs would stop picking on me :(
I have running bets with those I group with that I will be the first one to die...tried staying at the back....even behind the clerics, running past the enemy, digging right in with the chanters (really, really bad move)....even stealth and run the other way, but with my luck they have a SB who finds me....I still always die first 90% of the time.

To the rest...no it wasn't Mcfly...I got along okay with him, Visit hit it right on the button though. (but he cheated....I said it in guild chat :p )

T

Turamber

Yea but the thing was that Tree groups in Albion allowed players to bond (don't get silly now :p ). I picked up many, many friends in my time exping Shivian. Tree/wrom hunting was so mind numbingly boring that you had to entertain yourselves with the group. You learned other players weaknesses and strengths.

At the time those tree groups were utter mindless repetition ... but looking back I had some fun times. Dinging 50 with Gladiator (who died with like 0.0001 to go :D ) after an all night session was great. Walked to Camelot and gave all my money away to every grey con I saw :)

But yes lots of memories of players who made xp'ing at the witherwoode's enjoyable - Shivian, Myddrin (the man who continually pulled with his best AE!), Ghosted and all the rest. /salute

I remember Ghosted waiting nearby for a group spot, then when a pull went wrong he tanked a tree to save our rezzer -- putting himself at risk for a group he wasn't even in. Others who would drop from the group to help others level, some who didn't even need the xp forming groups to help their friends.

Of course there were also the selfish gimps who would be rude and try to get to the top of the waiting list or level and leave -- despite the fact that the rest of the group needed them.

Ahh memories... :)

M

mirieth

Trees were about the biggest test of endurance ever :p. So boring, but they were quite fun when you had a good group.

Originally posted by old.windforce

things as IP, passive RAs and spellcrafted armor really screwed up the con system in pve

This is so true. My Paladin soloed a red and an orange con at the same time in Avalon yesterday unbuffed using SC armour and then three oranges on the next pull :clap:. Suffice to say, I was rather surprised I was still alive. I finished both fights with more than 75% health and full mana, too :p. </boast>

M

mcirvine

If you can get deep in HoC where those wizzards are, they are mostly red you can solo those too if your s/s without any problem. Once on a HoC raid i lded on that spot and logged back in later when everyone was gone and was able to solo those red mobs without even getting hit ;)

B

Balbor

having just ding 50, i'm glad i never had to do Trees. I remeber dinging 40 and heading off to get a goblin group, waiting around forever to get an invite and watching 2-3 group all wiped out because of a few bad pulls. The doing the same at tanglers (witch is really good rvr cc training if you ask me) and the idea having to do the last 5 levels at tree kinda made DAOC boring. Thank god for DF and SI.

Avalon City is much more fun (appart from the stupid pathing) hard mobs that fight with some tatics (there almost as good as Albs :p). Fighting your way down to the Sewers, never knowing how a pull is going to go (ok not BAF other time 5-6), then another full group turns up and instead of the normal 'oh this spots camped, you gonna be here long etc' it's hay lets zerg the sewers and you end up running around killing everything with great exp, almost like everyone PLing everyone else. Never had so much fun (appart from killing the same hunter, 3 times at ellyl camps - what a gimp).

Users who are viewing this thread