Treasure Hunt?

P

Pin

Okay, I know a lot of people around here get a little bored from time to time, so I've thought about organising a fun, realm-wide event for one weekend in December (probably 20th/21st).

So with that, I'm looking for feedback here to see if there's enough interest to make it worth my time (will probably take me over a week to organise properly, so I won't commit myself unless there's enough interest ;))

Proposed event: Albion Treasure Hunt

This will involve residents of Albion running all over the place trying to collect specific items of loot from a list I provide (all items will be obtainable by everyone and no 'rare' or 'valuable' will be required). The one who collects all items on the list in the fastest time (or if no one finds them all, then the one with the most items at the end of the event) wins.

Entrance fee: 100g

Prizes for top 5 to be a percentage of total entrance pot.

So... Any comments? Anyone interested? Would you participate if I went ahead and organised it? Stupid idea and a waste of time?

C

Cala-more

shud be good, however rules on mincers etc?

S

Stormm

Stupid idea and a waste of time imo so ill be up for it :D

mincer + pala speeeeeeed4TehWaijn

P

Pin

Originally posted by Cala-more
shud be good, however rules on mincers etc?

I was thinking of making it quite large/long, maybe 100-item list.

I would also make the list of items a wide variety, some very common loot, some only obtainable in certain places (places all over), some that everyone would know where to get it from, some that you might never know existed, some from dungeons, some from RvR zones, some from grey-to-50 mobs, etc.

And as such, I would have no restriction on how you obtain the items (farm, buy, trade, whatever). No restriction on classes/chars used, etc. Mainly because I would have no serious way of policing such restrictions anyway.

S

soylent green

This can only be open to chars of about the same lvl, has loot from gray con mobs won't drop. So what lvls are we talking about here, and you can't have quest items has some peeps may have done the quest, or otd already.Sounds fun tho.

M

Mishy

should be fun, make a change from the usual bore of daoc, about the level thing that soylent said, i think it be good to have different level loot to collect, be a shame if it was just a 50's event.

P

Pin

Originally posted by soylent green
This can only be open to chars of about the same lvl, has loot from gray con mobs won't drop. So what lvls are we talking about here, and you can't have quest items has some peeps may have done the quest, or otd already.Sounds fun tho.

As I said above, no plan on restrictions, so...

Nothing to stop you using multiple characters.
Nothing to stop you buying the items from a lowbie.
Nothing to stop you being level 30 and buying the items from a level 50.

I wouldn't include quest items or OTD's though (as I said... no 'rare', or 'valuable' items - I'd count these as such)

S

soylent green

Maybe you should make this a team game. Because if the first prize is big enough people are going to get their friends to help. Also if it is a lot of items some people might not have the room to hold all of the items, i know i don't on any of my chars. You could add some high lvl trophys too. If it comes down to standing in goth and buying all the items from other people whats the point.

S

soylent green

How about a guild trophy hunt each guild puts up 5 plat. They can have 7 members in there group the last member is a independent witness to be there to see that they kill the mob in question. The winner of the quest is the guild that can kill all the mobs the quickest. The quest starts and finish's at goth.

T

Tilda

I'll be there but I think it would be better if you said that "all the items on your list can and do drop for level 50's"

Tilda

B

Bleri McThrust

I dont play much these days but would certainly come along to this :)

IMO Stick with your idea of some items dropping of grey to 50 mobs to, surely will add to the fun of it all and mean either some changing of characters or some interesting bargaining situations and a 100 item list should certainly make things interesting :)

I would imagine some people are gonna team whilst some will want to do it solo and theres no way your going to be able to police these sort of things so not worth trying.

Anyways go for it :clap:

V

Vireb

i think its a great idea as for items that drop from grey to 50's just graba lowbie char exping and ask them to help you no big deal to be honest . ill be there and ill drag seeaira along too

K

Kagato.

Sounds like fun, depending on how much time you want to put into it you can solve the Minstrel problem by making sure the area each item can be found in is accessible via a horse route.

And depending on the imagination needed you could also use clues or riddles, make people think a little for a change or use the often over looked npc's that hand out beer or cake etc rather then just kill mobs.

Some items that only drop in the enemy frontier could spice things up a little.

Nice idea, good luck with it.

R

Rulke-RM

Make 1 of the items drop from the mobs outside Svasud or Ligen :)

Any /levelled char can get drops from em, but it'll certainly be a challenge :p

B

Belomar

Sounds nice! I'd join if I wouldn't be at home drinking "glögg" with my parents at the time. :)

(Btw, mental note to self, have to remember to check BW during Christmas break so I don't miss the Strondors. ;))

A

**Aligro**

i'd say not as many as 100 items (due to sheer none capacity, and you having to check everyone)

but maybe enough and make the items really obscure, like how many people would know where to find "cake" and also you could include frontier mobs in other realms which are also grey to level 50.. therefore having to take a lowbie to the low level mobs near mid/hib borders to get the item

W

Wiro

Sounds good :D
But I was thinking about the same problem as Aligro mentioned..

Originally posted by **Aligro**
i'd say not as many as 100 items (due to sheer none capacity, and you having to check everyone)

How are you going to work that one out? :)

H

Hit ^_^

sounds fun... if i got a connection working.
and for the amount of stuff 8x5 whould probebly be enough as you cant have more then that in your inventory at the same time.

N

necrofill

great idea, i just think big guild get alittle avantage(sp?) if it gonna be a guild hunt, i think it should be a grp hunt (cross guilds/alliance or guild/alliance)!! :D
Allways fun with something diffrent from the normal emainzergplingaltsbgzerg :D

If there for example r some items from a sidi raid there not get lottoed they could be the price or if ppl/grps pay to be with and then the 5 best get a part of the money

D

drunkenmonk

woooooooot

count me in, im continously getting lost and aggro all over the frontier and maps so i probably got some of the crap allready , add white rainbow sprite remains as the top object :D
and make the prize a sidi glowy staff for a friar
not that im a friar
ok scrap that
ill keep an ear and eye open for this event
g/l with it pin

G

Galoma

i come too :)

ofc i come... unless im drunk that weekend.... x-mas partys ^^

C

calaen

What a good idea, Ill be up for that should be able to get a few guildies involved aswell. Think the items that are from grey con mobs is nice plan. Also the suggestions of getting items from RvR zones will make it a great day.

Cal

Users who are viewing this thread