travel

T

Testin da Cable

Some friends and I have come up with the brilliant idea of spending the turn of the year in Sri Lanka. Mmm beaches, champagne and 27C :)

A slight problem we're having is that we have to find a reasonable flight. Reasonable as in we have to leave the evening of the 26th of december or the morning of the 27th -and- we have to be back the 5th of january tops. Can someone help me out and find a return flight that fits those dates? I've been looking but I can't come up with a good one :/

tia :)

X

xane

My sister went to Sri Lanka for her honeymoon, she got there just in time to watch the suicide bombers invade the airport.

U

Ukle

Ebookers

Ebookers are usually the best for price and actually finding flights. Although in this instance the only flight they could find is a Singapore Airlines flight 4240 pounds, first class though :)

Most of the Transcontintal flights are booked many months in advance around Christmas, so doubt you will be able to find a scheduled flight, try the tour operators they might have one available, doubtful though for such short time.

On this note anyone know of a really good Hotel search engine, i use Hotels.com but it doesn't do it area specifc enough, i.e. you type in an area of Paris and it gives you all the hotels in Paris not just in that area.

D

danger

Originally posted by xane
My sister went to Sri Lanka for her honeymoon, she got there just in time to watch the suicide bombers invade the airport.

:eek6:

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Yeah TDC, find a better place! :)

OR

Buy me two tickets to New York for December.

PLSPLSPLS.

T

Testin da Cable

hmm you can go to canada dirt cheeep it seems.
we want sun though! big sun! hmm it seems egypt is okish. lanka would have been better though :/

M

Munkey-

mountains in Sri Lanka are a good place to go, e.g. Khandi is rather nice. i hate Colombo though, too urban for my likeing. good few hours drive to Khandi though.

and dont be put off by the mortar emplacements, guards, machine gun pillboxes etc. :p

D

dysfunction

Travelling to exotic places over the Christmas period is crazy anyway.

You end up paying twice as much as you should do...

K

*Kornholio*

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
hmm it seems egypt is okish.

Me & my missus are going to Egypt on the 15th of Dec till the 22nd - flights, 7 nights b&b and 10 dives for £298 - much better than going to SL & getting bombed.... I'd rather spend a w/end in Soweto than go to Sri Lanka...

T

Testin da Cable

sounds like a plan. we'll just miss each other btw: we leave on the 27th

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Go to Amsterdam.

Go on go on go on.

(and take me with you).

:D

T

Testin da Cable

are you mad? I used to live there fs [though it was a laugh sometimes]

W

Wilier

my mum was raised in Calcutta (which I believe is now Sri-Lanka) and she used to have a rockin time, in a kind of snooty, ball gown wearing fashion.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
are you mad? I used to live there fs [though it was a laugh sometimes]

GO BACK!

AND TAKE MEEEEEEE!

G

Gumbo

Originally posted by Wilier
my mum was raised in Calcutta (which I believe is now Sri-Lanka) and she used to have a rockin time, in a kind of snooty, ball gown wearing fashion.

Calcutta is a city in India I think, and Sri Lanka used to be called Ceylon.

I can be found all this week in #quiz :D

Users who are viewing this thread