[Travel] Do you need a passport for internal flights?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Im getting conflicting info about this from various sources.

Im planning on flying home for xmas from edinburgh to london.

Its 5-6 hours faster (and 20 quid cheaper lol) to fly rather than take a train

but i dont have a passport at the mo, will i need one?

Tho the general concesus seems to be that i would be ok with a D licence, but this IS easyjet im talking about :p

Soazak

Part of the furniture
With Easyjet N.Ireland to England I was ok with just a driving licence, though they are fairly useless so you can never be too sure with Easyjet..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not at the moment, though who knows under labour?

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
You will need some sort of photo id to prove who you are because of increased security when flying and the best thing is a passport but anything with your photo will be ok like a drivers license.

However, thought I better check. And here is your answer

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXBhc3Nwb3J0&p_li=&p_topview=1

But you might be better phoning them up to confirm it. I can remember that Airline programme with Easyjet that was on ITV, and travelling with them was anything but "easy" at times :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
no, any form of photo id will do, preferably a driving licence, though i used to travel to scotland using my provisional all the time

Corran

Part of the furniture
photo id fine, i use my driver license or my out if date passport on easyjet

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Should be ok then.

He said with a slight twinge of fear.

"IM SORRY SIR, BUT YOU NEED A VALID PASSPORT TO FLY! I DONT CARE WHAT OUR WEBSITE SAID! ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND ARE TWO SEPERATE COUNTRIES! I HAVE BEEN WORKING HERE FOR OVER TWO WEEKS! I THINK I KNOW!"

Nah it could not be that bad

mmmmm....

Corran

Part of the furniture
Should be ok then.

He said with a slight twinge of fear.

"IM SORRY SIR, BUT YOU NEED A VALID PASSPORT TO FLY! I DONT CARE WHAT OUR WEBSITE SAID! ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND ARE TWO SEPERATE COUNTRIES! I HAVE BEEN WORKING HERE FOR OVER TWO WEEKS! I THINK I KNOW!"

Nah it could not be that bad

mmmmm....

lol... well my mother had this in a shop she went into after visiting me in scotland.

Had a scottish note, which is legal tender through UK as it Stirling... but no. Someone in a shop said to her "We dont accept foreign money" and insisted that Scotland is a completely seperate country for all intents and purpose and that you need to exchange the money into english money.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Domestic flights you only need photographic ID so provisional or full driving license is fine, I travel from scotland -> england and back every month or so I use that as it fits in my wallet :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Anywhere in the Uk, you dont need a passport, only a vlaid form of photo id( Driving License, Citizencard etc)

Its worth getting a passport anyway, just in case you want to leave this shitty little island and go somewhere warmer.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Pretty much as Thadeus said.

Each airline can decide for themselves what they accept. All will accept passports, making it the simplest option.

Easyjet will also accept things like Young Student ID cards and such as well but that doesn't mean some other airline will.

If you aren't going to use a passport, my advice is to check with the airline you are thinking of using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom