Transport 2000

Embattle

FH is my second home
LOL....any way thankfully it's just over a month until Top Gear returns :)

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Surely that should read press release Embargoed until April the 1st.

They cant be serious after all...

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Campaigners say scrap Top Gear and replace it with ‘Third Gear’ version promoting...

Poorer fuel efficiency, faster engine/gearbox wear and greater emissions.

Cool, where do I sign up?

RB

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Dicks. It always amuses me they call themselves 'Transport 2000'. Transport 1900 more like, I think they'd like the man with the red flag at the front brought back.

It kind of amuses me they've left their mobiles on there; anyone got any pre-recorded Ferrari engine noises? ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Everytime Tom does a motoring thread I will post a link to Sniff Petrol, quite easily the best motoring site on the net(and funniest). Check out the BMW 1 Series advert half way down, and check out the archives. Fantastic.

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
...Through its recurring ‘macho’ themes of speed and power, it fails to include the interests of most women in its programmes.

So that's the problem :p

They should request a new programme, which covers alternative travel and environmental issues, instead of campaigning to change Top Gear.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Or perhaps a programme for women demonstrating how to parallel park, and read a map :p

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
But that wont appear in any papers... while trying to stop one of Britains best loved shows will

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The last bastion of seriously good, non-nanny, entertaining Television and some organisation of cocks want to take it off the air?

I cannot believe i'm reading this, it must be a wind up or a late April Fools. If the BBC give in to this, I will shoot myself; i'm utterly sick of this PC country and PC TV where it's consumed with fucking reality TV shows with the likes of Peter Fucktard Andre and co attempting to make a quick buck from the brainless population by a bunch of absolutely NOTHING celebrities acting like fannies in a house/jungle fitted with paedocams.

*thunk* <-- head hitting table

From their website:

We would like to see it replaced with a new programme – perhaps called Third Gear – that promotes sensible driving in sensible vehicles.

and:

[Top Gear] It encourages an obsession with unnecessarily powerful and therefore heavily polluting cars.

<partial sarcasm>
Sorry for being a pedantic, but surely driving around in third gear would mean higher revs, more emissions and thus worse economy than driving in top gear?
</partial sarcasm>

Only one word: fucktards

Edit: I see they blame Clarkson for the demise of MG Rover.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Here's the beeb response

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4432279.stm

tbh they say that half the viewers are women. I mean most of the women I know like flash cars (maybe not good cars, just flash ones!) and they love TG too.

If this was a week before the new series I'd of thought the beeb made the whole thing up to promote the show.

Top Gear = King of the Hill. :clap:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Big G said:
Some moaning, probably a fair bit of saliva

Way to overreact to a bunch of morons complaining about something they know very little about and not getting anywhere with it.

old.user4556

Nath, look at everything else less important that's had the politically correct / nanny gloss coat.

Take something incredibly trivial - The Fat Controller from Thomas The Tank Engine: no longer called that because it's "fattist" so they change his name to "Sir Topham Hatt" to avoid offending/insulting/lawsuits etc.

If the pro-PC crowd can get away with that, who knows what they can change about Top Gear.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta say, I don't have a huge problem with that tbh. Got any other "PC gone mad!" examples?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Enjoy the lobster, be sure to tip your waitress!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I feel honoured. Not only does Big G have me in his sig, he has me in his avatar now as well!!!! Like my new jacket??

P.S Leave Top Gear alone, *****.

Bodhi

I'm Tiger Woods and so is my wife!!

hehe was trying a Tiger spec Ignite with that funkeh blue shaft in it at the driving range earlier, it was mad. You could twat it as hard as you liked and it still went straight and long. I think mine may get reshafted in summer for the full Tiger effect hehe.

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Big G said:
Nath, look at everything else less important that's had the politically correct / nanny gloss coat.

Take something incredibly trivial - The Fat Controller from Thomas The Tank Engine: no longer called that because it's "fattist" so they change his name to "Sir Topham Hatt" to avoid offending/insulting/lawsuits etc.

If the pro-PC crowd can get away with that, who knows what they can change about Top Gear.

IMO they should call him the Big Fat Sweaty **** to help in the ongoing battle against child obesity.

old.user4556

Bodhi said:
I'm Tiger Woods and so is my wife!!

hehe was trying a Tiger spec Ignite with that funkeh blue shaft in it at the driving range earlier, it was mad. You could twat it as hard as you liked and it still went straight and long. I think mine may get reshafted in summer for the full Tiger effect hehe.

That the Grafalloy shaft? I hear that's quite hard to hit.

I've hit the 460cc Ignite and i was mighty impressed with it; even when you caught the ball shite it still managed to produce something. The three wood is also excellent, gonna purchase once to replace my ageing one.

Bodhi

It's not so much hard to hit as you have to hit it harder than the standard shaft to get a similar distance, but when you do the ball flies noticeably lower and straighter. It was easy enough in the 460 I tried, you had to give it some on the 410 though. Still went a fucking mile when you did tho. I've got the Ignite fairway wood with a steel shaft, it rocks. Would prefer a rifle in it though, may look into fitting one over summer. Don't use it much though as I have fallen in love with my Nike Blade 2 iron. It produces moisture in my pants every time I catch one pure.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I love my 690 CB's but I am still rather pants at using them though :(

Edit: Golf forum FFS!! ;)

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
"Perhaps he would like to drive a bus; he’d find it just as much fun as a Ferrari."

Quite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom