"Trained" US forces.

O

old.Tohtori

Let's review the great ability of the US troops:

Panama war:

For every enemy killed, friendly fire from the US troops killed 3 own.

So basicly they shot one enemy and 3 of their own while at it.

UK APC(armored personel carrier) with UK flag on top, a huge flag on the side, stopped. Waved that they are friendly and then got blown up by a US granade.

Gulf war:

Biggest fear of returning aircrafts was the "friendly" fire from the US carries.

IRAQ war:

Two Sea Lions crash.

Two Tomahawk(?) missiles land into Turkey.

An RAF Tornado fighterplane shot down by US Anti aircraft missile.

Now who else thinks the US troops are a tad triggerhappy? :D

And to celebrate this, a classic allready smiley.

[US] :mgwhore2: (UK :help: UK) :mgwhore: [US]

O

old.Dillinja

If the yanks didn't have the manpower they'd be as useful as a bunch of Turkish chicken farmers.

P.S Why you like that smiley so much? :p

S

slapmesilly..

wow, you 2 are briljant analists..
any army would be shit without:

a) Firepower
b) Manpower

reasonal thinking would make anyone see this, come to think of it.. seeing reasonal thinking leads to this conclusion, that means you just violated 1 of your rules of "teh Seelism" Tohtori!
explanation please.

O

old.Dillinja

The point we were trying to make is that they have the technology, firepower, and manpower to win wars easily. But because of stupid mistakes, usually made by themselves, the Allies take casualties that could have been easily avoided.

O

old.job

Read the report on the Sir Galahad I think or maybe the Edinburgh, in the Gulf war. 2 American warships and the UK ship sitting off Iraq, an incoming sea-skimmer missile was detected, the UK ship set off an interceptor missile, so did 1 of the US ships, the UK missile took out the incoming missile, the US missile took the bridge off the other US ship. Luckily no was was injured.
Thats completely true, read it on the US Navy website.
:D

W

woodmansee

Uk - Usa All the way!
If ya say any different - YA MUST BE GHAY!

S

Sibanac

Actualy as far as i remember those chopers where British Sea Kings collided in mid air, no 'help' from USA on that one.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by slapmesilly..
reasonal thinking would make anyone see this, come to think of it.. seeing reasonal thinking leads to this conclusion, that means you just violated 1 of your rules of "teh Seelism" Tohtori!
explanation please.

You are forgetting that i did not post every rule in our Book of Rules And Stuff.

There is a whole segment there of how posting reasonable stuff is sometimes a must, simply to enhance the ability to understand and respect the mindless blibber babble that we speak daily.

But this is not the case of my reasoning, i did not state that they have a LOT of firepower. I simply noticed that there are some lit cigarettes in the mouths of those IRAQ troops. We all know, and i shouldn't even say this, that rabbits in desert bunkers throw out burning cigarettes to catch running carrots outside their homes. Now these carrots have the strange ability to explode in a mild flameblast. I figured, from these clearly rabbit generated cigarettes and the explosions i've been seeing in the news that there must be a lot of carrots running in IRAQ. And since the IRAQ troops are smoking and the US forces are not, it is simply clear that the carrots are in kahoots with the US.

See? It's a simple fact and not reasonable logic. The sky is blue and stating it is not at all in violation of the rules of Seelism.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Sibanac
Actualy as far as i remember those chopers where British Sea Kings collided in mid air, no 'help' from USA on that one.

That was my bad, well, perhaps the UK ain't that smart either :p

Come on, those things are huge! You -can- actually see them coming at you. :D

O

old.job

Ah yes but an American in one of the choppers.

famous last words..'go on, give the Yank a go'

O

old.The McScrooges

It is war and mistakes happen, with the intense media coverage every detail is scrutinised. This doesn't make friendly fire acceptable but just be thankful it is no longer on the scale that has been seen in previous conflicts.

O

old.Tohtori

You have to be quite good a pilot to drive two of these together...

Like accidently driving two mac trucks together in the desert :p

aviation9_1.JPG

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by old.The McScrooges
it is no longer on the scale that has been seen in previous conflicts.

/me is reminded of Vietnam.

C

cougar-

i would be alot more scared of the yanks the iraq guys if i was a brit, start to get a bit much with all this mysterious accidents.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by cougar-
i would be alot more scared of the yanks the iraq guys if i was a brit, start to get a bit much with all this mysterious accidents.

lol :D

C

Cadire

When we hear about these accidents and friendly fire incidents, we sit there and think how stupid the perpetrators must be. Of course we are tucked up in our comfy homes, and not under pressure, shit-scared, and trying to keep things in control.

Nobody does this kind of thing on purpose. The huge logistical exercise that war demands is vulnerable to all kinds of failure, both human, mechanical and computerised. It's a fact of war and will never go away.

Common sense > Armchair warriors

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Cadire
When we hear about these accidents and friendly fire incidents, we sit there and think how stupid the perpetrators must be. Of course we are tucked up in our comfy homes, and not under pressure, shit-scared, and trying to keep things in control.

Nobody does this kind of thing on purpose. The huge logistical exercise that war demands is vulnerable to all kinds of failure, both human, mechanical and computerised. It's a fact of war and will never go away.

Common sense > Armchair warriors

Yup, its perfectly normal to let a rookie missile operator override the patriot computersystem and do a manual fire a u.k tornado. but hey, it almost looked like a missle.

O

old.Tohtori

And nothing at all wrong, in all common sense, to shoot two missiles into Turkey. Hey, it's almost in IRAQ.

C

Cadire

Your sources for that comment cougar?

As far as I'm aware the Patriot Missile cannot be fired 'manually'. It's target tracking and prediction system is way too complicated for someone to wing it manually.

O

old.Tohtori

Still, the fact remains, -compared- to the rest of the world, the US troops are a bunch of incompitent triggerhappy maniacs. But then again, they are probably trained by watching Rambo and we all know that guy defeated a whole army with a bow :p

C

Cadire

No I can't read Swedish (and Google translates it into... erm Swedish), tho I can make out the gist of it.

My understanding of the matter is that a US AWACS plane spotted the Tornado. Apparently it's IFF wasn't working and it did not respond to radio calls. The AWACS reported this fact to the Patriot Missile battery who promptly shot it down (The Patriot was originally designed to shoot down aircraft).

This happened just after a US soldier threw grenades into officers' tents and the base, controlling the Patriot System, was on high alert expecting an Iraqi attack.

Whatever the truth, and I don't suppose we've heard all of it yet, it's inconceivable that it was done on purpose. It was a case of either human or computer error... exactly my point above.

And just to clear up any misunderstanding, my 'Common Sense' comment was aimed at users of this board, not the poor sods out there fighting.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Cadire

And just to clear up any misunderstanding, my 'Common Sense' comment was aimed at users of this board, not the poor sods out there fighting.

Hell, if you don't want to get shot it's only 'common sense' to stay home.

And you don't have to be on the field to understand that when the UK troops are more concerned about the US fire then the IRAQ fire that there's something wrong in the equation.

C

cougar-

This is the most important content in the link.

A young soldier at the iraq border did a mistake, he thought a missile was incoming and aimed towards Camp New Jersey. He checked with other patriot stations but noone saw it Then they decided to override all the advanced computers and fired it manualy. At the same time a u.k. tornado dissapeared from the radar screens.

human errors, maybe the uk systems and us systems cant communicate proper yet, maybe the pilot flew to high/low. can only speculate. but it's a huge mistake.

O

old.Tohtori

And i'd still like Mr. Cadire to explain how it's a "tiny" mistake to fire two tomahawks(or other cruiser missiles) into turkey.

C

Cadire

Tohorti, you have an uncanny ability to completely miss the point.

The US does most of the shooting. The law of averages says something will go wrong at some time. The more you shoot stuff, the more chance you have of something going wrong.

It's not because Americans are incompetent. It's because war is a huge cockup waiting to happen.

Is that simple enough for you?

O

old.Tohtori

Don't go into personal insults, your posts arn't really that "i get the point" with my original post either bud bud.

I just want an answer to the simple question:

How is it an acceptable mistake to fire two huge missiles into the -wrong- country?

Be the war big or small, that's one mighty cockup even for the US.

EDIT: Oh and btw cadire. HAve you -seen- the US troops in the news? In some, atleast my, country that is some slacky military action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom