Tragic?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4354265.stm

This is quite disturbing because this is very near to where i live.

On one hand I think how tragic and i really feel for the family, but on the other hand i think that surely this is natural selection at play here?

Crossing a railway line on foot, going under the barrier of a level crossing when it's down with the alarms going - isn't this incredibly fucking stupid?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Mr Marshall explained that the lowered barrier, flashing lights and klaxon indicated it was not safe to cross.

well, yeah, a bit stupid. and unlucky. poor girl.

however, as a commuter I can tell you how supremely frustrating it can be in and around stations. you can see where you need to go, you're in a hurry and you can't get to where-ever due to something. you look quickly and think "yeah, if I step out I might still make the bus home, otherwise it's a 35 minute wait while being asked for money by bums...and that's crap".

old.user4556

Indeed teeds, but it seems a waste of life and wellbeing for the sake of waiting for a train to pass.

It makes me think of people that drive incredibly dangerously on the motorway, or cut you up or cut infront of you for the sake of getting one car infront of you.

Distinct lack of patience I find these days.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Zero sympathy tbh. Still, some people insist on learning things the hard way.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Agreed. Saving 15 seconds (or even 35 mins) isn't worth risking your life for TBH. Not like it isn't bloody obvious when level crossings are down.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Tom said:

Truly heartless :)

That is quite brutal though to tell the truth. Thrown 100 yards and losing 75% of your limbs is fucking hardcore.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
The article gives me the impression that the train was going too fast for anyone to tell and that she thought the crossing was for the train she has just got off. A bit stupid, yes, but nobody deserves that. So tragically stupid? :/

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it didn't happen to me. She's clearly stupid and so deserves it, the dumb bitch.

Zero sympathy here too. Yup that's right, I'm a Nazi **** who has no soul. I am comparable to a replicant from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. I have no comprehension of empathy whatsoever or if I do, it only applies to people who are as smart and/or fortunate as I am.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Or in other words....

She made a rash mistake, like ALL of us have done at some time or another.

Now she has no legs.

Get a fucking grip you lot :/

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Throd in "careing" shocker! :)
I wonder how much the soft cows surgery and future care will cost the tax payer?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I'm with throdgrain here. Not that I'm going to donate to a charity or anything, it's just harsh as fuck, being only 19 an' all. :/

I'm curious though:
The girl would not have seen or heard anything of the train that hit her.
Why would she have not heard anything? We don't have those Jap style trains, and there's nothing in the article about the girl being deaf.

Hmm...

old.user4556

throdgrain said:
Or in other words....

She made a rash mistake, like ALL of us have done at some time or another.

Now she has no legs.

Get a fucking grip you lot :/

Whilst I agree that there is a fair bit of gross insensitivity on the thread and it is indeed a terrible thing, I still find it hard to get to grips with the idea of someone who defiantly crossed a level crossing, with the barriers down, with the lights going and the alarm sounding - that's more than a rash mistake, that's an act of sheer madness/stupidity.

Doh Boy said:
The article gives me the impression that the train was going too fast for anyone to tell and that she thought the crossing was for the train she has just got off.

Yes, that's the only way i can imagine it; that she thought "oh, the level crossing is down because of this train". Clearly not.

That section of railway is a two way line where high speed trains (GNER for example) pass through frequently to go down south from Scotland. Furthermore, they have cameras on the level crossing as cars dodge the gaits all too often. The station is right next to the level crossing.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
sorry... but, the barriers were down, the lights were flashing, the alarms were ringing and the train was hurtling towards it.... how stupid can you get? :p

i mean we all do stupid rash things, but THAT stupid? kinda hard to belive to be honest :p

as a friend put it:
"someone pass me the net so i can fish all the crap outta the gene pool..."

old.user4556

Sir Frizz said:
I'm curious though:

Why would she have not heard anything? We don't have those Jap style trains, and there's nothing in the article about the girl being deaf.

Hmm...

The train station I wait at to get the train home from work (Edinburgh Park station) has the high speed Queen Street shuttle passing through at 80 mph from Edinburgh to Glasgow. If you're staring into space, or not paying much attention, the first you know it's approaching is a hissing from the lines. By the time you hear the train, it's way too close for you to think "shit, fuck, better move" and it comes tearing through in an almighty rumble.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I consider myself to be a reasonably nice fella, with a caring side.

However, when somebody does what she did, with whistles sirens and fireworks all cracking away with ruddy huge red and white barriers screaming 'dont fucking come in here', and then gets hit by a sodding fucking great big train, you'll have to excuse me for thinking that maybe she doesn't deserve sympathy. People in train accidents through no fault of their own, people who get cancer, kids who are orphaned, they deserve my sympathy. Not silly girls who can't be bothered to wait.

Anyway, its tragic etc etc, how awful, blah blah blah.

Oh yeah, and when I get smacked by some bus because I jumped a red light on my bike, I'll personally hand out free tickets so you can come and rip the piss out of me.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It's sad but my sympathy is limited, as it would be if someone climbed a tree during a thunder storm and stuck a golf club to their head.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Stupid wankers half of you . Its OK guys, to have opinions on stuff, even moronic opnions like some of those displayed here.
But when its a real person, who was maybe just not thinking for a moment, I really dont know how you have the bottle to behave so stupidly.
When I was a kid, another kid I knew , coming home on the train, stuck his head out the window. Yeah , you know what comes next. He died.
Was that his fault? Yes. Was he stupid? Yes. Did he or anyone else need a load of holier-than-thou nobheads to point it out? No. Obviously fucking not.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
Stupid wankers half of you . Its OK guys, to have opinions on stuff, even moronic opnions like some of those displayed here.
But when its a real person, who was maybe just not thinking for a moment, I really dont know how you have the bottle to behave so stupidly.
When I was a kid, another kid I knew , coming home on the train, stuck his head out the window. Yeah , you know what comes next. He died.
Was that his fault? Yes. Was he stupid? Yes. Did he or anyone else need a load of holier-than-thou nobheads to point it out? No. Obviously fucking not.

Not to sound harsh, but these "my mother had cancer, don't talk bad about it" stories on the internet don't get any sympathy. If nothing else, they just make people think "What? You want sympathy? Buy a cactus!"

It's not really right that people die, but sometimes you have to admit: What were they thinking?

This is the case here. I wouldn't go as far as saying people are cold bastards, when they say that they think it was a stupid thing to do. That doesn't mean they don't give a sh*t.

I have to say, i couldn't imagine anyone not noticing the lights etc. going off, but then again i wasn't there so i don't know what happened. Drunk, doped, killed even, who knows. At the light of the "evidence" it seems like a bad mistake and nothing more. That's my opinion.

Clown

Part of the furniture
There were two trains. She let one pass and got hit by the one going the other way.
She's an idiot.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Tom said:
I consider myself to be a reasonably nice fella, with a caring side.

However, when somebody does what she did, with whistles sirens and fireworks all cracking away with ruddy huge red and white barriers screaming 'dont fucking come in here', and then gets hit by a sodding fucking great big train, you'll have to excuse me for thinking that maybe she doesn't deserve sympathy. People in train accidents through no fault of their own, people who get cancer, kids who are orphaned, they deserve my sympathy. Not silly girls who can't be bothered to wait.

Anyway, its tragic etc etc, how awful, blah blah blah.

Oh yeah, and when I get smacked by some bus because I jumped a red light on my bike, I'll personally hand out free tickets so you can come and rip the piss out of me.

who cares about your sympathy anywa? ;/ it's not like it's gonna save them, they probably don't know you, and probably don't want to ;o

(and no, i don't feel any sympathy for that stupid girl >_<)

i must agree, it sucks to get run over by a train, or so i could imagine - but dont cross. Pretty simple - there's a reason why you're just not allowed to do some things.

(i've crossed the one near me, but it's the end station, trains run with 20 mph where i needa cross it - don't do it alot, but done it a few times - if i get run over, laugh at me! - and yes, i knoew it's double standards)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Would it not have made sence for her to look both ways?

Just like the greencross code

Clown

Part of the furniture
It's hard to see past a train at ground level. It is for me anyway. I'm a midget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom