Help Tour De France

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As your average british teenager, likes computers, going out with mates and having a general piss about and a bit overweight.. :p i've always been a fan of biking, not this special bmxing hopping shit, but actual hardcore cycling - yeah, i've had my fair share of experience for a 16 year old... biking 10 miles every other weekend..

But, i've always wanted to do one thing - the Tour De France - but i thought to myself, i can't do it yet, as im too young, maybe i should wait a couple of years, and wait till my muscles etc are fully developed..

So, i guess really.. what i'm asking you is,

• Is there any advice you can give me?
  • Are you up for donating? - ( To a charity obviously :) )
  • Or just moral support? :)

Thanks

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I think you are going to have to up your training regime to more than 10 miles every fortnight if you are planning on completing the tour.

Gwadien

yeah, i get what you're saying Moose :) - and i am :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
when my dad was younger he rode from lands end(SW england) to John O Groats(north scotland), which was something mad like 100miles everyday for 10 days. And when he was practising/training he rode from Southend(Essex) to Brighton/Bognor Regis meeting my mum there who got the train and thats hard to going through the south downs meant to be really hilly around there. Infact he tried to do it a 2nd time but got to near hadrians wall and had to turn bacl as the weather was so bad hehe.

Gwadien

Thanks Madmax, will have to look into that, looks quite interesting! :)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I always wanted to try it to tbh since my other 3 brothers havent and it would give me bragging rights for life, me being youngest :p Ive got plenty of time try it being 20 but I cba to even think about it let on alone get a plan going with fitness.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
You're probably going to want to work on your walking as well, as if you plan on doing the Tour de France you'll be pushing you bike rather than riding it :p - It's something i want to do as well and would definately say give it a shot if you're interested.

soze

I am a FH squatter
This might be worth posting in the general Forum i think they have some fairly hard core bike riders over there. Its not the sport for me though i get arse ache after a few minutes on the bike, one of my first jobs was a 45 minute bike ride both ways i could never manage the whole distance standing and it was pure pain :)

Good luck if you do decide to go for it.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
isnt there also an endurance race through egypt or something? Anyway if you want to do it, go for it there is no reason why you cant tbh, personally i wouldnt fancy it (racing...eeugh!) but I love seeing how far I can go so the lands end/JoG thing sounds more my cuppa tea but it is whatever floats you boat.

be a do'er not a what if'er.

[edit, oh and yes i would consider sponsoring you, depends what chairty it is but i would definately give full moral support]

Ezteq

Queen of OT
now thats what i'm talking about! recreational yes compettitave no lol i still have horrors remembering my dismal attempts at sports day and well... *shudder* just no tbh

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
remember that if you're wanting to be audaxing, you may be riding for between 16 and 20 hours in a day before stopping. you have to slowly condition yourself to be able to do this. try it without training and you'll be walking like a 70yo cowboy the next day, if you can walk at all.

you're pretty young, so your body will respond quickly to training and recover fast. this doesn't mean that you can get away with anything. watch what you eat, drink, when you rest, etc. Ride a decent bike that is the proper size for you, with the best saddle you can afford, don't suddenly change your eating patterns/shoes or saddle a day before you leave, that kind of thing.

besides that, you'll have a great time I'm sure :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom