Sex Total Warhammer 2: Total War

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Anyone else playing this? It's easily the best Total War game to date. The battles are longer than previous games, not quite the original Medieval length, but close enough to be substantially longer than Warhammer 1 and most recent Rome & Shogun games. Magic is terrifying when used against you, yet incredibly powerful when used against your enemies. When two spell casting armies are going head to head, with a strong wind of magic blowing, is a glorious sight to behold, even if the canon fodder dies in their thousands.

The campaign dynamics are pretty cool too, conquest alone is not enough if your rivals manage to complete the rituals before you... Unless you give up on the ritual yourself, and dedicate your campaign to preventing the other 3 main factions from completing theirs, in a case of proper Total War. There's not sitting on the fence on this one.

Game only came out on Thursday and I'm already 48 hours in. For comparison, on steam, I have:
105 hours on Warhammer 1
71 hours on Shogun 2
64 hours on Rome 2
47 hours on Empire
45 hours on Atilla
41 hours on Medieval 2 (Third age mod for the win), but probably hundreds of hours before Steam started capturing usage statistics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom