Total and utter RUBBISH from GOA regarding Excal server rollback

J

Jace

Regarding Excal server rollback . . .

So Excal has been rolled back to "6 am Sunday morning, the point where the crashes became severe."

I find this VERY hard to believe. Having been on the server form 9am solid the first problems became apparent early afternoon and not at 6am.

Still it's only 4-5 hours of my time they've wasted, not like they give 2 shits. I've been largely tollerent of GOA and their numerous cockups but that's the final straw for me, in future I'll avoid any game run by GOA like the plague.

p.s. not wanting to be picky but when you post "we will keep you updated throughout the day" it DOESN'T mean you make a post 9am then one at 7pm. Fucking clowns.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Jace
What utter rubbish. Having been on the server form 9am solid the first problems became apparent early afternoon NOT at 6am.

Having been on the server throughout the night until about 7am, I can tell you that the first problems became apparent around 2am and were still going on when I logged, but not as frequently as they were during Sunday morning and afternoon (from what I've been told).

As you play Hib/Exc you may not be aware of all the problems in other realms/zones.

O

old.tuppe

hmm really?
oh boy!!!!!
and i just buy/sc alott armours in sunday dammit!
all work again :(
and i know some giuldies who did same thing, buy weapons etc etc there is alott pissed peeps i bet.

J

Jace

First time I became aware was a zone crash in Odins early afternoon. Maybe the situation was bad enough on other realms to warrant such a drastic rolback . . . I'd be surprised if there were that many people happy with it though :/

S

Skaven

wee and I mini dinged yesterday afternoon.

Thx GOA :rolleyes:

No mention of any compensation for my wasted time then?

S

speshneeds

Re: Regarding Excal server rollback . . .

p.s. not wanting to be picky but when you post "we will keep you updated throughout the day" it DOESN'T mean you make a post 9am then one at 7pm.

Kinda agree with that, Over promising and Under delivering seems to be a Goa way of life. Wont stop me playing tho :p

J

jaapi

Damn nice that i devoted my sunday to solo my ass to 48 and did it and went 1.2 bubs towards 49 too...

Now i have 1.2 to 48 again. :(

O

old.tuppe

well, goa give 2 days free.
over 1 day cannot play.
~1 day work to do again all same thing i made sunday.

in my eye we dont get any free from goa.
but 1 thing hit my eye!!!!
copy from goas note
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Excalibur Server

Regarding the crashes of Excalibur and most of the German servers yesterday, we have chosen to roll back to 6 am Sunday morning, the point where the crashes became severe. We are sincerely sorry about this, but it has proven necessary. The problems were most likely caused by a network issue here, but we are still investigating the exact cause.

That's all for today, enjoy this new version.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

i get feeling this rollback is only to excal, true?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.tuppe
i get feeling this rollback is only to excal, true?

and the german servers who were affected most likely. Prydwen wasnt effected so there is no rollback there.

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by old.tuppe

and i just buy/sc alott armours in sunday dammit!
all work again :(
and i know some giuldies who did same thing, buy weapons etc etc there is alott pissed peeps i bet.
mmm isnt what u does mostly every day og? ;P

M

mightybunny

ffs some a guildie of mine almost did 2lvl's in a sm grp 42.3to43.9

now he is lvl 42.3 again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2day's you say?? we should get 1 week at least.
some guys lost over 5-7TG items (summ sm grp's)

I've lost all my respect now.

D

Damon_D

I realy cant weep over focus groups loosing some TG items..I'm sorry but I just cant....

R

red_dog

Am I the only one who, when reading these threads, feel a delicious sense of irony that people who play MMORPG's are complaining about "wasting their time"? Surely, by definition, that is what we all doing anyway...?

O

old.anubis

all you whiners, why dont you just fo and cancel your subs?
or you have balls only for bragging on forums?
it's like 7 threads about this bs already
who the f cares about your 2 bubbles, 2 levels, 2 platins, 2 mp swords, 2 k rps?

L

Lorthania

Originally posted by red_dog
Am I the only one who, when reading these threads, feel a delicious sense of irony that people who play MMORPG's are complaining about "wasting their time"? Surely, by definition, that is what we all doing anyway...?

LOL that's so twue... Nothing in DAoC can be as bad as whatever happens IRL and shouldn't be worth getting so upset about.

Lorth

O

old.job

Well if you think about it RL is no different from DAOC, we are all just 'wasting' our time having fun till we die.

A day spent getting 2 levels in no different from a day spent doing the garden or painting the shed.
The shed looks better ,the garden looks nicer, you can fight new mobs, whats the difference?

O

old.Laryssa

hehe - was playing Temple of Elemental Evil , I wasn't effected by GOAs lack of ability :D

O

old.Icebreaker

copy&paste from another thread:

Blame the cheaters. Thats the Reason why we had a Rollback.

don't post such cheats please :)

T

the_fnord

/em holds up Teh Cheese

Please have sum cheese! :D

I

inabus

hmm Jace....

I dont believe you wasted that ammount of time m8, sheesh I bet you where playing xbox or game cube while watching TV!!!! Oh and drinking coffee a plenty in between the times you where nipping to the off license, sheesh.

Oh and dont tell me you wont ever play a GOA game again, I bet you will buy TOA when it comes out and that is in-effect another game so there!

Anonymous poster who feels like whining!

O

old.Icebreaker

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
copy&paste from another thread:

Blame the cheaters. Thats the Reason why we had a Rollback.

don't post such cheats please :)

Nps but thought i post it here because it cant be repeated anyway. Server fixed, end of story. :)

C

Cyfr

Whining on the forums will do nothing.

Canceling your subs will. Cancel or shut the hell up.

ty.

W

Wij

Re: Regarding Excal server rollback . . .

So Excal has been rolled back to "6 am Sunday morning, the point where the crashes became severe."

I find this VERY hard to believe. Having been on the server form 9am solid the first problems became apparent early afternoon and not at 6am.

Still it's only 4-5 hours of my time they've wasted, not like they give 2 shits. I've been largely tollerent of GOA and their numerous cockups but that's the final straw for me, in future I'll avoid any game run by GOA like the plague.

p.s. not wanting to be picky but when you post "we will keep you updated throughout the day" it DOESN'T mean you make a post 9am then one at 7pm. Fucking clowns.

Hehe - still playing then ? :)

A

asorek

Originally posted by old.anubis
all you whiners, why dont you just fo and cancel your subs?
or you have balls only for bragging on forums?
it's like 7 threads about this bs already
who the f cares about your 2 bubbles, 2 levels, 2 platins, 2 mp swords, 2 k rps?

*edited*

Users who are viewing this thread