Torrent-client

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Been having some issues as of late with Qbittorrent, freezing when entering options and adding new torrents for example. Trying out Deluge and must supremely recommend - quick and low ram-usage compared to everything else!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've been using Deluge in a FreeNas jail for years. It is good but sometimes the python process causes FreeBSD to consume all interrupts therefore making the server as responsive as a blindmans cock looking at a stripper. Some day I will look at throttling the jail.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Transmission tends to behave better if you can do without the deluge plugins

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Not using any kind of finicky OS or server to really need any plugins. By the way, are there any useful ones otherwise?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think transmission is perfect for most stuff. Anything fancy you want to do is probably better done by scripts or other programs to be honest.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think transmission is perfect for most stuff. Anything fancy you want to do is probably better done by scripts or other programs to be honest.
Just a heads up that it looks like from version 2.94 there is a preview version of a windows client for Transmission

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I found that most clients have issues with torrents north of 200+, active. What happens in most cases is they throttle up your disk, and that makes the client sluggish.

I'm still on qbitorrent, works fine if you can ignore the slight sluggishness. utorrent was way worse though, so..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still using Azeureus/Vuze even though they don't develop it any more. It's always worked brilliantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom