TV Torchwood

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just started watching the new series, co-produced with the American network Starz. Seems very good so far, alot darker than the usual Torchwood which is no bad thing.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Wonder if it'll be like the old; it gets really really bad shit, but then out of no-where a miracle comes, and saves everyone yay \o/

GReaper

Part of the furniture
If they keep it as dark sci-fi similar to Children of Earth (series 3) instead of the series 1/2 "adult" sci-fi, then it should still be fairly good. The various adult scenes in the first two series were just cringeworthy and added very little to the storyline.

Hopefully they'll keep going in the right direction with this one.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Personally i thought it was fucking dreadful, lots of running round and very little else, mind you it is a Russel T Davis story soIi shouldn't have expected anything else.

I'm willing to give episode 2 a chance though to see if anything actually happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
watched it.. looked alright.. until they put the preview of next week's one which just looks dull as fucking shit.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Gwen's last comment about "I'm welsh!" put a smile on my face all night. :)
And it's always nice to see Dichen Lachman (Sierra from Dollhouse).

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Got really bored of this show during the second series. Having an "adult" sci fi should allow the writers to be much more creative in terms of plots .. instead it turns into an excuse to have dirty jokes and same sex kissing. Yawn.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thought it was pretty crap. Lots of dramatic music and running around and very little content.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just watched it on iplayer. Enjoyable nonsense. Killed an hour. The only thing I cringed at was the dodgy over-acting by the black CIA dude hobbling out of his bed into a cab & within 30 seconds of screen time he's in Wales. Oh well. Suspension of disbelief and all tha :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've never watched more than 3 episodes of Torchwood before, because I found it shit.

I actually like the first episode of this series though, it kept me interested and wanting to watch more.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Watched last nights episode. Very silly but thoroughly enjoyable

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Good grief ep 7 is dire. The whole series (like each previous series I guess) is very uneven and they keep trying too hard to be hard but haven't got a grip of the cheese thats undermining it.

Only highlight was Nana Visitor turning up towards the end, though oddly, uncredited either in the programme or on IMDB. Maybe she doesn't want to be associated with this mess ;)

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
They could have sped it up, shortened the series to 4 eps, quality over quantity.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ep 8 better. Primarily because John DeLancie turns up playing Q. Ok, he doesn't. But he does. Except he doesn't. Mostly doesn't. Ok he's just playing John DeLancie. But thats great and after an episdoe with weak-ass lines delivered by the mediocre its great to have him turn up chewing up the scenery and spitting out decent lines.

Decent turn from Bill Pullman.

But still, plot moving forward like treacle running uphill. This is very padded.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm up to the last bbc aired episode, I really enjoying it.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Its a load of nonsense but fairly enjoyable :)

That gay stuff though ... jesus :vom:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
aye...far too much gay sex...even for TdC!
Mind you, the director drops anchor in poo bay, so any excuse I guess...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
aye...far too much gay sex...even for TdC!
Mind you, the director drops anchor in poo bay, so any excuse I guess...

Well he did make his name with Queer as Folk, so its hardly surprising he'd up the gay ante.

Just watched the latest, can't decide if its really good or really ridiculous tbh.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Just watched the latest, can't decide if its really good or really ridiculous tbh.

I know it was pretty predictable, but, I thought throwing the thought of 'Alien Technology' sort of ruins the plot, because now the possiblities could be limitless, if they kept it all to be human technology etc, then it would have kept the plot better...

that probably makes no sense :p

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Enjoying it so far. I hope they make another series similar to this instead of the random bullshit every week like in season 1-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom