Torchlight II

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Gotta be better than Diablo 3. I've not only forgotten to play it through even for a second time, I've forgotten to uninstall that gash.

Keep us updated please - I'm um-ing and ah-ing but it would be nice to have a blast at a game that's fun to play first, looter second... :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I want to buy it but it conflicts with Borderlands 2 release so it will have to wait :p

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Early thoughts?!
Better than the original. Rock Paper Shotgun have already said it is better than Diablo 3 and I agree.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I've found the direction control a bit odd at times, like firing in the opposite direction I was clicking and I already died when I got stuck on a dodgy landscape hitbox and couldn't move out of the way of a zombie swarm. But apart from that so far it's fun!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's full of brilliant little touches though. Death being one of them. You die and you can then:
  1. Respawn at Town - No Gold
  2. Respawn at Level Start - A little gold
  3. Respawn right where you are to avenge yourself against the fucker that just did you in - A fair chunk of gold
Things like that make the game so much less of an utter ball ache and so much fun to play with.

I've managed to link my Steam account as well so hopefully there will be some lovely online play after work this evening!

opticle

Part of the furniture
I take it this is good then? :)

If I ever have time to play any of these games I'd definitely be up for co-op if this is decent.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I'm quite liking it :) Playing a zerker on Elite and level 18

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I take it this is good then? :)

If I ever have time to play any of these games I'd definitely be up for co-op if this is decent.
Do it!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
whats the variety of the levels like? One bugbear of the first game is it seems a bit samey throughout.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
whats the variety of the levels like? One bugbear of the first game is it seems a bit samey throughout.
Not got that far through it at the moment but the levels seem quite varied so far. Dungeons, caverns, exteriors, etc, etc, etc.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I have not yet seen the same map (be it dungeon or outside) recycled YET, not that far in myself though. Finishing Act 2 at lvl 21

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
hearing good things about TL2, people already saying it pisses all over Diablo III (not that it was a hard feat tbh)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You mean you haven't finished it and started moaning about a lack of content yet?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
One lame thing, you can't respec skill points. You can rollback your last 3, but that's it.
Really sucks actually.

I'm guessing they'll change it once people find out about it.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
well the games moddable so a full respec mod will pop up in no time.

i like not being able to full respec, tbh, i like the finality of it and it makes you think about each point

although, i think a one time full respec at a certain level would be best.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Had to check you were not toht there for a minute :p

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right well I'm freaking loving this. mystic_g in game if any of you wanna do multiplayer.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Think it's great that some indie developer is shitting on Diablo III, viva la revolution.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Oi! I always prefer the choice of a helping hand, even if i don't use it ;)

Have to wait a fair chunk of time for people to finish the game and start the grind. Not too keen on spending money on a different story alone.

First patch is out, but they bungled it a bit. If you've patched make sure it's patched again.

Isn't the regular response to a f*ckup in game patching "FFS can't they do f*ck all?! F*ck this sh*t, we deserve better, why haven't they fixed this glaring bug in this patch that's been there before they were even born?!" :D

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Isn't the regular response to a f*ckup in game patching "FFS can't they do f*ck all?! F*ck this sh*t, we deserve better, why haven't they fixed this glaring bug in this patch that's been there before they were even born?!" :D
Not when they issued it and fixed it on the same day within a couple of hours and there are only around 30 of them working for the company.

Massive "you cunts" stuff is for the likes of Blizzard.

pikeh

Resident Freddy

Well it just seems to mean more if you can't just swap to the next fotm build every week; I think early D2 (before respecs etc) was a bit hardline in that literally if you put one point wrong from just not looking properly then it was tough shit and it might mean rolling another char, but an infrequent respec is good, like DAoC. Like I said, either make it a rare drop or one every 25(?) levels or something.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
What difficulty did you all start on? When you complete you can do a new game with higher difficulty, but what If I pick vet as starter anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom