Tor Anroc fixed?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Seems they have moved the destruction spawn point back in Tor Anroc, is this now equal distance to the flag?

Didn't see anything in the patch notes about it

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Heh thats weird, had a funny feeling it was slightly uneven considering destruction was getting the bauble first every time.

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Nah I can get it first as a Chosen just fine, but I blame fat dorfs to be the cause of that. But I guess thats what you guys get for being allied with drunk beards.

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
Doesnt it stress you out when they play knockback tennis with you on that scenario?
And aye, i have seen a few chosen get to the bauble before me.

Poag

m00?
I am so pleased I never ever have to go there again on my DoK.

It was quite sad, when the "Join All" button came in on friday, all the other BGs were getting used. I'd do a queue all then unqueue TA and get in in about 10 mins at most.

Sadly on KEP order got steam rolled on every non TA BG...so they all went back to TA...the boring :(

Never again tho! Yay!

/skips off into the sunset

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Knockbacks in there is a problem but people do ask for it by gathering in groups or standing near edges, as a runie I've found that being on my own or simply not being in peoples faces helps me avoid it, rarely get a knockback now. I do use my own weaker one to defend a target I'm healing, I'll run in between them and the tank, mash knockback and hope the tank loses interest, surprising how often it works.

Umilard

Loyal Freddie
I am so pleased I never ever have to go there again on my DoK.

It was quite sad, when the "Join All" button came in on friday, all the other BGs were getting used. I'd do a queue all then unqueue TA and get in in about 10 mins at most.

Sadly on KEP order got steam rolled on every non TA BG...so they all went back to TA...the boring :(

Never again tho! Yay!

/skips off into the sunset

Really? :( I've played all the T3-scenarios as order and have pretty much 50/50 win/loss and i only run PuGs. To me it seems order wins more if it's PuG vs PuG while destruction have more guildgroups. Haven't really played anything for the last 2 days tho.

Tbh, i rarely queue to TA myself. It's a stupid scenario, pushing/getting pushed into lava isn't enjoyable for me. I enjoy the cemetary, crater and temple one alot more (the CTF one is awfully bad tho).

Poag

m00?
Really? :( I've played all the T3-scenarios as order and have pretty much 50/50 win/loss and i only run PuGs. To me it seems order wins more if it's PuG vs PuG while destruction have more guildgroups. Haven't really played anything for the last 2 days tho.

Tbh, i rarely queue to TA myself. It's a stupid scenario, pushing/getting pushed into lava isn't enjoyable for me. I enjoy the cemetary, crater and temple one alot more (the CTF one is awfully bad tho).

Pretty much the order teams i encountered played it like TA. The ironbreakers would run in, knock everyone back..then run back to the other order players.
Dest. players would be "wtf?" then run in and slaughter them.

In TA if it wasn't a destro premade then it would be a 45/55 win/lose simply due to the abundance of knockbacks. If it was a guild team, then destro would manouver better and thus knockbacks were less useful against us. Pug would all just lemming around and be unspatially aware.

One of the orc/dwarf bgs was especially funny. One capture point in the middle, like temple is isha. There were 'puddles' on the ground that would do 1k/tick if you fell in them. Order just kept charging up the same ramp to the middle over and over again [didn't use the side ramps at all :<] so they go steam rolled on that ramp by 1 tank standing in the middle and everyone else ranged killing them. Think our top damage was a squig herder :p

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Knockback isnt the problem in TA anymore. Its classes with pullin jumping in lava then pulling everyone in with them. Pullin needs a serious look at imo. It's open to way to many exploits.

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
knockback is still a big big problem in TA> it ruins the experiene for many gamers including me :p Afaik order has 5 classes who can use knockback in ta. Im not sure how many destro calsses have that ability in that sccenario. So far i have only really seen the black orc and a chosen do it. Are there more on destro in that level range?

Jumping into the lave and sucking people in like i saw a nublet engineer do it on countless occasions yesterday, is just a blatant exploit and one that needs to be fixed asap. If you are peeved off about it like i am then report it in game. Hopefully mythic will sort that out asap.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I like Tor Anroc. I just wish Order on our server would join other scenarios too.

This^^

It only becomes tedious when you have to play it over and over again, with no alternative. (ran out of quests, other scenarios are not played)

imo the best solution would be to swap it with the tier 2 scenario (pheonix gate?) and have it to play between 10-21 when the xp is still fairly fast, there are enough quests to do as an alternative so it doesn't become as annoying. People get into tier4 and forget how to actually rvr/pvp as all they have been doing for the last 10 levels is spamming knockbacks :/

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
Better if they just removed TA completely imo, ok most of us are out or nearly out of that hell hole now, but any new players to the game given the ammount of time spent in that lvl range would put em off completely

Tor Annoc :flame::lol: JUST SAY NO !

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Tor anoc is ok, gets tiresome after a while though. Ive been wanting to try highpass cemetary for ages but it seems nobody queues for that ever :(

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
been playing TA tonight, and it get really boring when order win 10/10 games...

if anything, this damn scenario can get me to stop playing this game

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
you arnt forced to join the TA scenario when you flag for all you can skip it, i enjoy it now more that im slightly higher level hated it at 21 with engineer was just so easy to kill me.

Now im 26 its a lot more enjoyable and with regards to knockback which would you prefer mezz /stun or knockback root ?

personally as long as your healers are on the ball lava wont kill you instantly you can get out or at least to a rock to make the run out.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
been playing TA tonight, and it get really boring when order win 10/10 games...

if anything, this damn scenario can get me to stop playing this game

It used to be the opposite a few weeks ago, you get a taste of what we feel like 24/7 :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
It used to be the opposite a few weeks ago, you get a taste of what we feel like 24/7 :)

two wrongs doesnt make one right though.. look at the overall picture instead :) For the good of the game, not for one specific side, or you are just as bad as all the trollers on WHA etc. I want the game to be enjoyable and fun for everyone with a balance or as good as it can get.

For Tor Anroc for example, knocks win the game more than anything, thats not balance, thats favouring knocks over most other things and thats gamebreaking for that specific scenario. Do you find that to be a good thing? I mean, really?

People need to stop thinking inside their own little box and expand the view a tad more and think: Is this balanced for the game overall, or just for me or specifically not for me or for the realm or the other realm, without alot of biased thoughts (I know I know, that is really, truly hard). Once you do that then your posts and thoughts will automatically hold more weight and Mythic will listen quite abit more about what you have to say if you put it forth in a polite manner without thinking ME ME ME all the time.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Knockbacks can be negated by your team using their brain and not standing so they can be punted into the lava - could you list how many more knockbacks Order has than destro?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Knockbacks can be negated by your team using their brain and not standing so they can be punted into the lava - could you list how many more knockbacks Order has than destro?

Why not just remove lava or make it have no effect for instance? Voila, scenario fixed for all so the randoms can have some fun too. Not just GG's or the more blessed players that knows how to avoid everything that can be thrown at them. My points have nothing to do whether you play order or destro..

Your argument requires that everyone is an excellent player that knows exactly how everything works etc. Got some news for you, not everyone is an excellent player that knows how everything works, they just play to have some fun and guess what, scenarios like TA put them off the game.

Wish that people could drop the elite bullcrap some day and realise that not everyone is an uberelite soldier of doom that wants to dominate the world.. Think about the regular randoms too fgs, I bet those players are the bulk of the 750k that already bought the game and those are crucial for WAR's survival in the longrun, those do not think its fun to be punted into lava and slowly die whilst they can do nothing but die. They have stated that a thousand times by now and no, they dont care if they are order or if they are destro, they wanna play and have some fun, I know, its really hard to believe eh?..

Order and Destro fanbois should be publically hanged in their own pubics for their own stupidity. Exactly that way of thinking is one of the reasons why DAoC went apeshit after a while, would be cool if people wouldnt repeat that mistake.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Most people learn pretty fast to not get on the edge-side of a tank.

Tor Anroc is a good learning ground for anti-knockback tactics. Its just a shame its the only one most seem to queue for.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Why not just remove lava or make it have no effect for instance? Voila, scenario fixed for all so the randoms can have some fun too. Not just GG's or the more blessed players that knows how to avoid everything that can be thrown at them. My points have nothing to do whether you play order or destro..

Your argument requires that everyone is an excellent player that knows exactly how everything works etc. Got some news for you, not everyone is an excellent player that knows how everything works, they just play to have some fun and guess what, scenarios like TA put them off the game.

Wish that people could drop the elite bullcrap some day and realise that not everyone is an uberelite soldier of doom that wants to dominate the world.. Think about the regular randoms too fgs, I bet those players are the bulk of the 750k that already bought the game and those are crucial for WAR's survival in the longrun, those do not think its fun to be punted into lava and slowly die whilst they can do nothing but die. They have stated that a thousand times by now and no, they dont care if they are order or if they are destro, they wanna play and have some fun, I know, its really hard to believe eh?..

Order and Destro fanbois should be publically hanged in their own pubics for their own stupidity. Exactly that way of thinking is one of the reasons why DAoC went apeshit after a while, would be cool if people wouldnt repeat that mistake.

What's fun is that up until the recent hotfix destro had a 90% winrate due to taking the bauble first, at which point it was "yeah well white lions can get it first l2p".

Now the boots on the other boot its "horribly broken".

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Did some Doomfist Crater today, much fun! You get punted, but you get punted off the objective you have to cap. (As you capture a base in Nordenwatch) This makes it a useful trick, an avoidable trick and gives tanks a purpose. Plus, people don't lose any health.

Besides that there's interesting objectives scattered over the scenario which benefit your team, accessable through snaring mud, solid rock and lovely bridges where -any- career can be useful.

You can't run through them dwarves. You can bolt the ones in the back. You can manouvre around the bridges and platforms to get that annoying Archmage down that is preventing your marauders from poking their mutated arm into that thick dwarven skull. There's plenty of things to do in that crater!

What are we waiting for? Give it a go you lot, just queue up for everything but Tor Anroc. Don't let that experience bar get to you, even better, turn it off!

o/

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
What's fun is that up until the recent hotfix destro had a 90% winrate due to taking the bauble first, at which point it was "yeah well white lions can get it first l2p".

Now the boots on the other boot its "horribly broken".

No fun at all :) Not at all and I dont disagree with you on that point either. It was a gamebreaking flaw and needed to be fixed of course (which Mythic did pretty fast). I try to see things from both perspectives and also from different players point of view aswell. Those destroplayers arguing that WL's could reach the bauble first too was biased players that cares nothing or very little about the most important thing of them all in a MMO, the little thing called: balance. Destro had a clear advantage since they easily could reach the bauble first and anyone disagreeing with people who said it was a designflaw should be hung in their pubics as I said, those who only care about ME ME ME or their own realm and grasp for bullcrap as a justification for their own advantage are nothing but fanbois, be it destro or order, I dont care, they are all idiots and should be gagged on forums :) Or hung in their pubics, whichever is fine with me ;)

And as I've said quite a few times now for some reason.. Two wrongs does not make one right. Its silly of Orderplayers arguing that TA is fine now and justify it with idiots playing Destro that argued that the advantage Destro had was fine.. Those idiots does not represent the masses, its a few trolls and idiots who deserve to be.. Hung in their pubics.. I see it regarding quite a few issues atm and the whole behaviour is pure 100% idiocy sadly :( It only destroys for the average players usually, and also for those who cba to whinge and fart at forums. The whole nerfageDh00mparty going on is just bad for the game but I bet those who whine and cry nerf all day long to left and right doesnt take one single second to think about consequenses nor balance, ever. My guess is; they lack the braincapacity to think 2 steps ahead or something along those lines. Its also a typical behaviour of a child or a very young person at least. I just hope that Mythic doesnt cave in and listen too much to the muppets crying everywhere about everything, that if anything will break the game in the end. (not saying you are one of those, just ranting alil here^^)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
simple fix in TA would be to not make you move so damn slow when you hit the lava, you take well enough damage even if you were able to just run back up, but now you move in slow motion and you keep getting stuck in it so you have to jump all the time and sometime it just buggs upp and you can't even move.

I wouldn't mind the knockbacks, if it wasn't so easy to kill someone with it, specially seeing that dwarfs toss people so much longer then anyone else. And you say its easily avoided? well, its not that hard as a tank to avoid throwing back people when they aren't in the right position to get into the lava aswell, take a few step to the side and knock them down

Poag

m00?
Sadly what Knockback in TA has done. Has told every ironbreaker "I can win if i do this"

Sadly it doesn't work in subsiquent instances. Last night in Altdorf war quarter i was taking the milta points. IB runs up, we start angling around each other, hes 35 i'm 31..no bolster in Altdorf, he gets an angle and punts me off the wall to the ground below.
Hes a little bit shocked when 30 seconds later i'm back at full health.

You dont take falling damage from Knockback :p and rightly so too.

So anyway, he tried it again and again to knock me back as i whittled away at him. He managed to knock me off twice, the second time he actually came to the edge too see me land and start running back up the stairs.

TA is making your tanks stoopid :p

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
If you are a healer / caster, knockback simply isn't an issue if you stand with your back to the small rocks that are all over the play area.

The amount of times someone has attempted a knockback only for me to not move an inch and then they die because they keep trying and trying and trying and trying and never get the hint :kissit:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I like tor anroc, the problem though isn't the knockbacks - it's that Tor Anroc (and also Mourkain Temple) are pretty much guaranteed to get you a much faster scenario game, with more points for your time spent.

They need to scale the RP/xp rewards per scenario so that the close range slaughterfests don't give way more than the tactical maps (like e.g. Phoenix Gate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom