Film Top Gun

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Top Gun is one of the finest examples of camp innuendo in the entirety of film history.
It is one long metaphor for homosexuality form beginning to end. Take Kelly McGillis' character with a bloke's name for a calsign (Charlie).

It should be taken as it is... a bit of fun that you don't take seriously. :)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Well, I obviously watched it in blu ray. ( about 3rd or 4th time watching it ).

But........... do you have the soundtrack as well?

PLAAAAAAAAYING

PLAYING WITH THE BOYS.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
my bird has never seen Top Gun. After singing you never close your eyes to her i slapped her, fair enough tho she slapped me back

ECA

I am a FH squatter
my bird has never seen Top Gun. After singing you never close your eyes to her i slapped her, fair enough tho she slapped me back

She's lost that loving feeling.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
thats the one

Thank you general section for once again being pedantic

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hotshots spoiled topgun for me in a way, I keep expecting to see bacon and eggs in the love scene bit :(

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I've never seen it, thats the god honest truth. Never seen Days of Thunder either.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Never seen it all the way through

My friend had the job of driving the tornado crews out onto the airfield in the Falklands, and every time they got on the bus he played highway to the danger zone for them.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've never seen it, thats the god honest truth. Never seen Days of Thunder either.

I'm sorry Trem, I think I have to break up with you.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Trem just lost a little awesomeness and some kittens failed to land on their feet :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Not seen this film in.. Well.. When did VHS die?

Getting a 720p version of this.. *whistles*

Himse

FH is my second home
Goodness gracious great balls of fire! Oww!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Top Gun blows. So do most of Tom Cruise's early flicks before he was in a sufficiently strong position to choose decent material that wasn't just mainstream cinema seat fillers. His later films are generally excellent and he's turned into a very decent actor.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Top Gun blows. So do most of Tom Cruise's early flicks before he was in a sufficiently strong position to choose decent material that wasn't just mainstream cinema seat fillers. His later films are generally excellent and he's turned into a very decent actor.

The only non-mainstream-seat-filler film that I'm aware he's EVER been in is Eyes Wide Shut (possibly also Lions for Lambs). Beyond that, total Hollywood bullshit from start to finish.

What's more, he's a horrendous actor :\.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!

Totally disagree with that I'm afraid.

Far and Away (think it was called that) was very good as was Risky Business.

He did marry a horrid ginger bird though.

Trem just lost a little awesomeness and some kittens failed to land on their feet :(

:( Just never fancied either of them, they seemed a little like girl films, think I was 16 or 17 when Top Gun came out and I was too busy fucking about to bother with girls films :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The only non-mainstream-seat-filler film that I'm aware he's EVER been in is Eyes Wide Shut

Yeah, nothing "mainstream seat filler" about a movie that is mainly sold with Kidmans tits :lol:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The only non-mainstream-seat-filler film that I'm aware he's EVER been in is Eyes Wide Shut (possibly also Lions for Lambs). Beyond that, total Hollywood bullshit from start to finish.

What's more, he's a horrendous actor :\.

Magnolia? It's a three-hour depress fest, hardly mainstream blockbuster (although it did do quite well).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I realise that Tom Cruise is popular to bash because he's a mentally unstable nutter.
It doesn't detract from the fact that he's a great actor.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Magnolia? It's a three-hour depress fest, hardly mainstream blockbuster (although it did do quite well).

Yeah I guess that one counts too. Still, the overwhelming majority of his work is hollywood tripe.

I realise that Tom Cruise is popular to bash because he's a mentally unstable nutter.
It doesn't detract from the fact that he's a great actor.

Sounds like you're the mentally unstable nutter! Bah-zing!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Cruise is a great actor, anyone in doubt check out Magnolia. Although heed Wazz's warning about its ability to depress. I would not watch it if you are an emo, into self harm or contemplating suicide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom