top gear special vietnam

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
anyone watch it was a bit dubious at first with it just been on bikes but i was sat there pissin myself for most of it lol def one of the best episodes of top gear ive ever seen :D

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye i watched it and thought it was great. Only gutted by the fact that no one was forced to ride the 'Bruce Springsteen' :D

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
lol that would have been so much worse than the deep south tour they did lol i swear they would have got mobbed lol

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I thought it was hilarious, but it wasn't the first time that Clarkson had been on a bike :)

I cracked up every time it showed his bike lying on the floor. The only thing they missed was not clouting May's bike every time they parked :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I hope they cleaned up Halong Bay from all their debris :/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I hope they cleaned up Halong Bay from all their debris :/
You sound like my mum! :eek:

Either way, they probably couldn't afford to clean it up. :(

Basically instead of trimming back a little bit on every show - losing a helicopter here or a truck crash there - we'll endeavour to make 13 of our 14 shows as per the usual Jerry Bruckheimer standard, and then the last one, when we only have a tenner left, will be utter, utter s**te.
lol

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Absolutely great, it was repeated today so we watched it again :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
It was indeed very good, can't wait until next series.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Always enjoy these specials. THey are all fixed etc but still love the (sometimes obvious) humour.

Think the USA and the Japan ones are still the best (liked the North Pole one too).

Bit surprised the program hasn't been swamped with protests about its homophobia though. :kissit:

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
giv it time the pc crowd probably just tying up loose ends on some other bullshit cause :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
lol that would have been so much worse than the deep south tour they did lol i swear they would have got mobbed lol

Vietnamese wouldn't have been that bothered. They won after all...

Would love to do that trip. Have done the same route by bus, but bike is the way to go.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hahah love the ending credits. Francis Ford May, Francis Ford Clarkson etc etc :D Epic show anyway

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Was ok but it's all getting too obviously faked now. Can't they pretend a little harder :/

TdC

I do! You're just....well....you're not the woman you once were mate :(

TdC

like throwing a cocktail sausage down a 5000 gallon/second capacity oil pipe :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Was ok but it's all getting too obviously faked now. Can't they pretend a little harder :/

No, because then people will complain they've been duped etc. It's the reason they've had to be more obvious about it after the complaints about various stunts of theirs, in particular the fire at the campsite one.

Litmus

Resident Freddy

I totaly agree, for the last 2 seriers or so its all been getting a bit staged in parts... and tbh both may and hammond are both clear as glass and arnt very good at pulling it off at all.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Yea it has a more staged feel to it, but its great tv still imo :) TV would be a lot worse without TG.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I totaly agree, for the last 2 seriers or so its all been getting a bit staged in parts... and tbh both may and hammond are both clear as glass and arnt very good at pulling it off at all.

May has a shit eating grin on his face when he's doing it though which is what makes it so good lol.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

but didnt they almost get mobbed on that tour? have a vague memory of hillbillies chasing them with guns fgs :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
lol ye they did they chased em off and were pelting stones at em was funny as fuck lol they shit themselves they washed it off well quick after the petrol stop

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I was at the Comic Relief special last year and actually spoke to one of the cameramen who was filming it on his phone. He was scared!

Still, funny as fuck episode. Still makes me laugh and I don't mind my licence money being spent on stuff like that.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Finally got around to watching the episode - had a few good laughs.

Having been in HCMC for 6 weeks now, i still will not get a bike and ride on my own - too daarn scared!.

Macey

Fledgling Freddie
I dont see the problem with it being staged, be it obvious or not, as long as it makes a good show and remains as funny as it currently is then Im happy. Top Gear is one of the only shows on TV that makes me feel that my licence money is actually being used well, Id much rather pay for something like that than Bill Oddie in a badger hole.

My favourite special is still the Polar one though, it was just incredible...I was dissapointed there wasnt a run in with eskimo's though but I guess they actually wanted to make a serious point on that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom