TV Top Gear South America

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Finally got around to watching it (was out on Sunday), really enjoyable, but after watching the Death Road bit, which I've done on a mountain bike, I wondered how much of the rest of it was staged (there's little or no traffic on the Death Road anymore because there's a new bypass, so I reckon they hired some traffic). The drop really is as scary as they showed though.

Kryten

Old Cow.
It's an entertainment show, not a documentary. If it wasn't staged, scripted and mocked up, it'd have been cancelled permanently in the 90s.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Exactly. There is also no way they would put any of them in that much danger (or put themselves in that much danger)...especially not Clarkson on that cliff edge like that...

Also they knew Hammonds car could not go down those dunes..so they rolled it down without a driver in it...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Exactly. There is also no way they would put any of them in that much danger (or put themselves in that much danger)...especially not Clarkson on that cliff edge like that...

What, you mean like they wouldn't put Hammond in a dragster, or James May in a caravan suspended from a balloon?

I'm not daft enough to believe that Top Gear isn't scripted, but I didn't really see much evidence of fakery in that "scary moment" on the road. It was quite clearly him in the vehicle.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
What, you mean like they wouldn't put Hammond in a dragster, or James May in a caravan suspended from a balloon?

I'm not daft enough to believe that Top Gear isn't scripted, but I didn't really see much evidence of fakery in that "scary moment" on the road. It was quite clearly him in the vehicle.

Yes but I'm sure they would have the vehicle secured so that it would not fall down the cliff...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
or just have a local drive it. Of course they wouldnt put any of their stars in necessary danger like that

But we all know that, its always been like that. Its pure entertainment and its brilliant.

WWF ( I refuse to call it WWE) is fake too but that never stopped any of us loving that

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I wouldnt call it a sport either

American football is the worst sport, and yes thats because i dont understand it

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes but I'm sure they would have the vehicle secured so that it would not fall down the cliff...

That's quite reasonable to assume, but I'd be more inclined to believe that the incident was set up with a real road user paid a few quid to make the manoeuvre. You don't need to plan things like that in great detail, it only takes about 5 minutes to get the shots.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Regardless of whether its fake or not it has the desired effect, it has everyone talking about it

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I never said he was in the car? I never said he did it? I only said that there was no valid point to which you could secure a car on that road.

You're a total moron sometimes, you really are.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I really thought it was a bit meh, every special is more and more scripted, and less funny. There were a couple of bits that were good in it, but it just dragged on. It wasn't a patch on the South pole, US or Vietnam specials.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I never said he was in the car? I never said he did it? I only said that there was no valid point to which you could secure a car on that road.

You're a total moron sometimes, you really are.

lol you're a fine one to talk!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Vietnam was far superior to this one. The scenery was amazing but otherwise it was rubbish.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Agree, love the Vietnam and US ones more tbh. It was good but I think they should have taken the volcano route more seriously by actually preparing themselves for it better. When they went to the South Pole they had plenty of stuff to keep them going, but here it seemed they didn't have anything? If they'd have done that and really appeared to have achieved something remarkable it would have been a lot better for me. Turning round and going the easy route: not very Top Gear is it? Whatever happened to "ambitious but shit"? :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
One of the best bits was when May told Hammond "it wasn't funny 2 seasons ago and its not funny now"

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I enjoyed it, not quite as much as the polar one though.

Let's be honest, staging or not, it's the only decent program on TV imo. It's even got Top Of the Pops treatment by having really hot girls with nice tits in the background of the studio shots.

54 seconds in (mind you, if you need that pointed out you must be gh3y).

YouTube- Top Gear Suspenders

I'm sure I could find plenty more.

Chilly

Balls of steel
yep she's pretty nifty. The suspenders give a sense of 3d ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its entertainment you miserable wieners. Who cares if its staged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom