Top 3 games this year?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
1) Street fighter IV
2) Fifa 10
3) L4D 2

I've only had L4D2 for one day, but it does seem to be quite good - it's not hard for me to make my top 3 this year though, as there haven't been that many good games.

Battlefield 1943 may get a top 3 position in a few days, depending on how i'm enjoying L4D2. SFIV is outstanding, and I can already see SSFIV become number uno next year aswell.

PC games are of course welcome as well :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
In no particular order:

L4D
Street Fighter IV
Braid

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Dragon age origins
Fallout 3 (might have been 08 but it wa late 08 so was about 12 months ago :p)
Infamous

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dragon Age - Bioware back to their best
Empire Total War - Best Total war game yet
Braid - mind bindingly hard at times, a pleasure to play

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
1 & 2: Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls. Dunno which I liked more.
3: I should leave this until next week so I can say God of War collection xD

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
fm2010 - a real return to form after a dodgy couple of years
DA:O - not had much time to play it so far, but loved every single minute of what i've done
prototype

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
1. Dragon Age (PC)
2.Batman Arkham (PC)
3. TF2 (PC)

I know TF2 is old but I still cant stop playing it and is such a blast with a few mates or alot of mates, best gaming moment this year we at i37 when the all the guys from the clan were on one server and we kept the teamspeak channel open so you could hear everything.

Batman just a well put together game and the challenge mode keeps me coming back, hopefully people will make more levels for it.

Dragon Age, because I havent played an addictive RPG since The Witcher or Two Worlds.

Unfortunately there hasnt been any stand out console games this year, really looking forward to getting my hands on Assassins Creed 2 though

Aada

Part of the furniture
1. COD MW2 - can't remember the last time I played a game where the MP is so addictive.

2. Batman was pretty cool

3. I can't even think of any heh

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
1. mlb 09 the show-firstgame ever to say my name in commentry,fantastic road to the show mode,in my 9th season now
2.Borderlands-most fun i've had in co op
3.Dragon Age
close runners up Batman,infamous and forza 3
all in all not a bad year for gaming now lets look forward to crackdown2,gt5,mass effect2,heavy rain early part of next year

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
1 - Dirt2
2 - Overlord2
3 - Ashes Cricket 2009

:p

Seriously though:
1 - Dragon Age
2 - Dirt2
3 - Batman Arkham or Prototype, spent lots of time on both

Lethul

FH is my second home
Pretty much only played Dragon Age this year so it will have to be my only vote :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
uncharted 2
l4d
deamon souls

at the start of 2009 i woulndt have thought there'd be 2 ps3 games on my list

demon souls is a must play on import

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Infamous
Uncharted 2
MW2

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmm... I'm struggling to be honest, I see the games people have mentioned and think "okay, average, too short, not original". I really don't think there has been a game of the year this year. There have been some good games, but nothing great at all. Lots of hype machines for sure.

Modern Warfare 2 left me feeling really underwhelmed, the SP and MP where better in Cod4. Uncharted 2 I suppose is the best of those mentioned, and I admittedly have not played it much.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I was thoroughly surprised as to how good Batman turned out to be. Perhaps that was more to do with low expectations though.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I was thoroughly surprised as to how good Batman turned out to be. Perhaps that was more to do with low expectations though.

Deffo - never really read anything pre-release and wasn't going to buy it then got it free with my new Nvidia card

1 - Dragon age
2 - Batman
3 - L4D2

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hmm... I'm struggling to be honest, I see the games people have mentioned and think "okay, average, too short, not original". I really don't think there has been a game of the year this year. There have been some good games, but nothing great at all. Lots of hype machines for sure.

Modern Warfare 2 left me feeling really underwhelmed, the SP and MP where better in Cod4. Uncharted 2 I suppose is the best of those mentioned, and I admittedly have not played it much.

I agree with sp being better on COD 4 but what don't you like about MP this time round?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan, get demon souls mate, as for games having short play times, this suits me fine due to my shitty work hours. one of the main reasons im staying away from dragon age as well as it would take me yonks to finish like baldur gate 2 did which took my 2 years in between q3a/cs/tribes and a few ps2/gc/xbox games.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
my list has changed a bit. I didn't know the Riddick games was from april :0

1. SF4
2. Chronicles of riddick - dark athena
3. Fifa 10

Aada

Part of the furniture
my list has changed a bit. I didn't know the Riddick games was from april :0

1. SF4
2. Chronicles of riddick - dark athena
3. Fifa 10

Gonna say you have barely touched L4D 2.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Gonna say you have barely touched L4D 2.

I've completed it with friends - not on my own xbox though.

Great game, although i'm having a hard time getting involved with the other modes.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's a shame, scavenger can be ace fun. Getting all 16 cans on a level then raiding the other side over and over and over and over and over = lolfun.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
That's a shame, scavenger can be ace fun. Getting all 16 cans on a level then raiding the other side over and over and over and over and over = lolfun.

I know, however i'm not much of a fps player, and my friends aren't either. We've not got the patience to get assraped all the fucking time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom