Top 10 scary movies

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
NeonBlue said:
That was the shittest film EVER !!

i had that movie sussed within 30mins...too many clues...fuck all happening, his worst film to date.

massive massive let down

You clearly dunno anything about thrillers. Too many clues ? You must be drunk or were. And i like the fact that he always manages to get in the movie, even by a reflex of a glass door xD uber =)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Sauruman said:
You clearly dunno anything about thrillers. Too many clues ? You must be drunk or were.

nope the clues were there if you just took notice, things said in the dialogue etc

but of course i dont know anything about thrillers because i dont agree with ur view /yawn

Signs and Unbreakable were easily way way way better than this heap of shite

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
Recently saw a film called 13 ghosts...wasnt hugely scary at the time but kept havig dreams about it.
Also 6th sense saw that on my own in france late at nite...the bit about when your hairs stick up on the back of your neck being ghosts had me up late into the nite :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I remember when I was about 6 or 7 going with my dad to the local sweet shop. They sold videos there. I remember taking down (I could just about reach LOL - no problem now - I'm 6'7" !!) two video cases which showed scenes from the films on the back - I thought they were horrific - Zombie Flesh Eaters, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Saw them when they got certificated again by the BBFC after their Nasty status was rescinded. I can deal with Zombie, but TCCM is still a very disturbing film even now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
guess it depends on where you are we you see them,I'd written my motorbike into mid wales to my mates cottage,we watched the Blair witch then I had to ride home at 2am through the unlit woods roads alone, I was sheeting myself till I got to a nice lit up road.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol the bit in jurrasic park where the velocorapters are getting in the kitchen with the 2 kids always makes me shudder and ive seen the film at leats 50 times and it still does,

What Lamp said about video cases is right when i was a nipper saw the case for a movie called "killer clowns" aparently they wrapped their victims in candy floss and sucked out the mooshy bits with a straw, i believe that gave me my fear of clowns (IT didnt help)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Clowns...are...not...funny.

I think I will get that movie you mentioned, Ez, and show it to my kid on his/her birthday until he/she is about 5-6 years old and then hopefully they will be too traumatised to ever ask me to take them to the circus or hire a f'kin clown for their birthday.

...and if they ever step out of line? I'll just bring a big bag of candy floss home with me and threaten to get a straw from the kitchen if they don't stop acting like dicks.

Ahhh, I'd make a great parent. :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
In no particular order :

Eraserhead
Friday 13th Part 1
The Shining
Alien
Prince of Darkness
Jacobs Ladder
Texas Chain Saw
The Evil Dead
Candyman
Hellraiser

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
no film has really left that much of an impact on me, apart from maybe puppet master, still look at china dolls to make sure the lil fkers aint moving,

for some reason silent hill games had more of an impact then films :(

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
alien
the thing

and another one not mentioned here.. Deep Impact.

why? coz its gonna happen one day.. and thats the effect its gonna have on peeps, cant do fuck all about it. up until the bullshit of flying some spaceship into asteroid.. its pure panic and desperation. families torn apart.. some peeps chosen to live others not etc.. thats how it WILL be when it happens. scary.

Drakulv

Fledgling Freddie
B00005LIRA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
ilaya said:
alien
the thing

and another one not mentioned here.. Deep Impact.

why? coz its gonna happen one day.. and thats the effect its gonna have on peeps, cant do fuck all about it. up until the bullshit of flying some spaceship into asteroid.. its pure panic and desperation. families torn apart.. some peeps chosen to live others not etc.. thats how it WILL be when it happens. scary.

What's so scary about all life being wiped out from a direct asteroid hit ?
What the fuck you gonna be able to do about it ?
How long do you think you're gonna have between impact and you dying to think about your situation ? Less than a second.
Do you worry about walking out your front door and getting hit by a car you don't see ?
There's more important things to worry about mate.

Failing that, don't get out of bed. Ever. Live in a hermetically sealed chamber.

lol

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Only one, tbh.

Pet Cemetary.

The rest is ingeniously made, but not scary. (And I've seen pretty much every movie mentioned previously as well as a bunch not mentioned. ;)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to see the really nasty/good/scary stuff, step away from the mainstream movies. You'll need to do some digging. This is not stuff you'll find in your around-the-corner videoshop;

Not scary:
Dellamorte, Dellamorte
Dead/Alive (good mad zombiefun from Peter Jackson)

Disturbing:
Calvaire
Nekromantic (been banned in Germany.. I met the director. He seems such a nice man. o_O)
Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS
Man behind the Sun

Might be scary:
Tale of Two Sisters
Audition (this will never be remade in the US - the needle scene alone guarantees that. ;)
Darkwater (the original one, not the US remake)

To name but a few.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Audition (this will never be remade in the US - the needle scene alone guarantees that. ;)

The needle scene genuinely squicked me out, one of the few things that ever has.

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
Tesla Monkor said:
Darkwater (the original one, not the US remake)
I'd say the US one will be freakier.
Just as with Ringu.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
when i saw the first alien film when i was younger i almost shat myself :p

oh oh and the bit in independence day where the doctor gets pushed against the glass... makes me jump everytime (even though ive seen it a million times :p )

other than that.... i found the ring pretty dull, as had my cousin droning into my ear explaining the plot as it happens (really really hate it when people do that :p )

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
I watched 'The Descent' the other night at the cinema and it was absolutely terrifying. Lots of jumps bits, gore, weird twists and well, the end is almost as sick as the ending to Saw :p

Seriously, I recommend it if you wanna scare your m8s. 10+ people left the auditorium because they were sickened.

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
Carpp does nf.

nothing more is more scary than that kilt wearing highlander! :m00:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I saw War of the Worlds last night with my girlfriend

The sound effects almost made me jump out of my seat !
Not scary as such (for me) but the theme is definitely terrifying. Tripodic death factories destroying the planet. More tea vicar ?

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Stephen King

He has done written lots of good stuff.

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
He's also written a lot of crap :p, and the film versions of some of his books are... awful. Kujo is pretty nasty (in a scary not rubbish way).

mirieth! I don't miss you! :m00: Are you still in DAoC? I came back last week!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Jacob's Ladder
no other film has left me unsettled after watching it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom