megadave

I am a FH squatter
I feel like such a noob.. i havent heard of half of them :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Resident Evil & Doom 3 were pretty scary I can remember

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Resident Evil + Silent Hill are the only real scary ones there... Remember playing them on the PS1 at 4am being shit scared :D

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Resident Evil + Silent Hill are the only real scary ones there... Remember playing them on the PS1 at 4am being shit scared :D

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is a very scary game indeed. Graphically the game is not great, but some of the insanity effects are kind of freaky.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm weird Doom3 didnt make it into top 3 actually. Tho the theme is pretty simple compared to other games (just mars opens up a void from HELL, pretty simple) the game and sound AND script side is simply so astounding that you live yourself much more into the game than you normally would, and therefore get so fucking horrified :D

Havent played silent hill tho (getting tired of those jap horror themes :eek:)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
wheres minesweeper?

original quake shat me up big time. guess its not really in the same league as silent hill though.

Everz

FH is my second home
gotta agree with silent hill, it still scares me even till this day heh

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I disagree. The suffering wasn't scary AT ALL, and Fatal frame doesn't really deserve a 2nd place. Where's Condemned and Call of Cthulu?

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
Back in the days of 8 bit consoles, I used to get nightmares after watching my brother play the NES game 'The Battle of Olympus' - was too scared to play it myself :p .

I don't think it was meant to be scary, but the music and enemies really freaked me out!

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
100% agree on Silent Hill.

I played that, sound up, lights off, completely alone. It was almost constant fearlful anticipation. Silent Hill bend me over it's knee and spanked me with a wooden spoon.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
resident evil series back on the ps1 and doom3 recently have been only games to actually give me a fright.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Where's F.E.A.R. or Condemned in that list? :e
FEAR wasnt really all that good :p, it's saving grace was the awesome ai however the story was average, the maps were very linear and unimaginative :p

Have to agree with condemed tho, it didnt really push any envelopes but was a scary game

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
about condemned..

Mr Tippets scared the shit out of me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom