Too much Chaos?

Archaon

Fledgling Freddie
a result i saw from a poll, there was only gonna be a 6% difference between order/destruction..

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure if its just media hype but i've heard things aren't looking good for AoC, that along with the fact that just about every person i know who was playing it has stopped (myself included), suggest the media are on to something :p.

They basically didn't finish the game off, anyone that says otherwise didn't make it to end game PvP and PvE.

misterjingo

Fledgling Freddie
It seems the majority of guilds I've seen who are moving over plan on going destro - and during CB and GB destro usually had 20-30% more people logged in at any one time.
I don't think this will be as simple as the horde/alliance situation. Chaos esp the 31 templates tended to look pretty damn impressive compared to their order counterparts, this kind of thing will see chaos being the most populated realm imo.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
WAR wont kill AOC...
AOC will kill itself :(

Very true. I enjoyed the first few weeks of AoC, then they started applying patches that made it a progressively worse experience. Rather than adding the things the game needed they just kept on taking away parts of the fun!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It seems the majority of guilds I've seen who are moving over plan on going destro - and during CB and GB destro usually had 20-30% more people logged in at any one time.
I don't think this will be as simple as the horde/alliance situation. Chaos esp the 31 templates tended to look pretty damn impressive compared to their order counterparts, this kind of thing will see chaos being the most populated realm imo.

I still think playing the 'good guys' appeals more to the casual gamer than playing the 'bad guys' so would expect the live balance to potentially be quite different to the beta.

Eddis

Fledgling Freddie
Actually there will be a lot of Chaos for sure. I'm an officer of some big guild, I know a lot of guildmasters from other guilds, it's like 7 guilds out of 9 going to play on Chaose side, sadly.

misterjingo

Fledgling Freddie
I still think playing the 'good guys' appeals more to the casual gamer than playing the 'bad guys' so would expect the live balance to potentially be quite different to the beta.

Possibly. But it'll be interesting to see if there is a difference in a casual PvP player and a casual PvE player - WAR attracting those interested in PvP.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Funny how many there are who confuse Chaos with Destruction. :)

Neodymium

Fledgling Freddie
I guess this is due to the fact, that afaik there is no such thing as a destruction faction in the warhammer ip. However they obviously couldn't name the realm "chaos" for the game.

Anyway on topic: I was also pretty much afraid of too many people on destruction side after reading that the destr. realm is "overpopulated" in beta, but since reading this topic here, my fears are mainly gone. I think there will be a lot of players in the release who are way more casual than the average beta-player and might as well go for order.

Additionally an interesting fact about the unequal population of factions in WoW was, that the Horde - being the smaller faction - always won the battlegrounds (at least in my battlegroup). Guess you can't win with all the kids on your side.
Hopefully though WAR appeals more to the grown-ups, which is my impression, as the whole design is way less colourful and less cartoon-like. And you don't get as fancy armour as in WoW, so after all - perhaps - the WAR customer base can't be expected to choose their realms as the WoW customers would ;)

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
From looking at the Chaos and Empire classes it looks to me like to matter who has the numbers Chaos is going to smash Empire to bits in the faction restricted rvr. The class matchups does'nt seem ballanced at all.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
From looking at the Chaos and Empire classes it looks to me like to matter who has the numbers Chaos is going to smash Empire to bits in the faction restricted rvr. The class matchups does'nt seem ballanced at all.

RVR is never faction restricted. You can travel and play scenarios or open field rvr in any of the pairings. In Beta the Empire/Chaos pairing was by the busiest for rvr so even in the tier 1 scenarios you got alot of other races joining in.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
RVR is never faction restricted. You can travel and play scenarios or open field rvr in any of the pairings. In Beta the Empire/Chaos pairing was by the busiest for rvr so even in the tier 1 scenarios you got alot of other races joining in.

ahh, well that makes alot more sense then. I thought there was gonna be 3 restricted rvr zones and 1 (bigger) unrestricted :)

Good thing its not like I thought, would have been hell.

rynnor

Rockhound
ahh, well that makes alot more sense then. I thought there was gonna be 3 restricted rvr zones and 1 (bigger) unrestricted :)

Good thing its not like I thought, would have been hell.

As I hear it in the closed beta most people travelled to the Empire v Chaos front to rvr and the other two fronts were a lot more peacefull.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I wouldn't worry about there being too many that want to fight for Destruction. Most of the guilds I've chatted to are going Order, including many old Mid/Pryd guilds I used to know.

Looks like we've got our work cut out.

<rubs hands together>

Excellent.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
From what I saw last night the balance in pvp is most certainly there.

My Black Orc tank took one hell of a beating before dying but assisting bright wizards could outnuke the heals quite easily when I faced organised opponents.

I never worry about server balance btw. I play what I want to play with my friends - if that means I'm in the "zerg" realm so be it.

I'd hope when the game goes live there's enough order to balance the destruction and vice versa - but I won't switch to the poncy good side to achieve it! :)

I've been after playing an orc for the last 6 months - I have to say I've enjoyed my black orc so far. I just wish we had a choppa class still..

M

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
The queue on Eltharion is about 100 (Order) vs 600 (Destruction) at peak times. It still amazes me how many people have gone with the bad guys.

But i'm happy to be the underdogs, reminds me of being Hib back in the day wiping the floor with Alb zergs :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I don't see how they are under-dogs.
If there are queues for either side, they are both full = same amount of players?

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I don't see how they are under-dogs.
If there are queues for either side, they are both full = same amount of players?

People will always whine on imbalance?
Remember many Mids claiming that Midgard was the underdog realm in DaoC?
Same thing, different game.

To me, it feels pretty balanced atm.

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
People will always whine on imbalance?
Remember many Mids claiming that Midgard was the underdog realm in DaoC?
Same thing, different game.

To me, it feels pretty balanced atm.

actually on excalibut i think HIBs were underdogs :D

But 1 thing was sure Albs were teh ZERGdogs :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom