Too much Chaos?

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone and their brother that i've spoken too has told me that their going to roll a Chaos (usually chosen), character at first. This sort of trend is worrying me, as i too was going to do the same.

I usually go for the bad guys in games like this due to them being the minority (my server on Wow had a 3:1 Alliance:Horde ratio for example). This however is certainly not going to be the case in WAR, or is it? Am i just a worrying nublet who should just calm down and wait for release, where upon a gazzilion order bumming newbs will spring up out of nowhere (see Blizzards subscription base) and put all my whoes to rest?

Night_Stalker

Fledgling Freddie
there have benne gazzilio posts about this on innumrous forum's so ur certainly not the only worring about this. But the funny thing is that most of them take diffrent side's some think order wil be croweded some Destro. But there hasn't been made a real pool (i've seen).

My cnkluson is be patient, when they announce the release date, and there will be made some poll's from GOA's side so they can prod where they can exspect people to go. Since balance seems very important in WAR specialy with the 3 diffrent matchs up's. Empire vs. Chaos - Waaagh vs. Dwarfs - Dark elfs vs. Gay elfs. I personaly think there will be a major imbalance on the Greenskin-Dwarfs front. But only time will tell.

N

narkotik

Seemed this way myself, and as great as the choas seemed it drove me to roll greenskins, that was until I saw beta videos of the marauder. But yea there does seem like there will be a big faction imbalance between chaos and the empire.

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
Think all will work out fine, mean there is only a small amount of the whole mmo scene active on forums. there will be plenty of players who choose order over destruction

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
I've heard mythic have caps on chaos and order on the beta servers atm. They are testing other ideas before rolling it out to retail though.

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
if they have to cap then they have to cap but wont theat give the beta's and even bigger bonus with the ability to pick classes first.. might even encourage account selling as classes become more sort after... they need to plan very carefully or give me beta :) either ways good but i vote screw the planing and just give me beta

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone i have spoken too are rolling order, but i can see Chaos being popular with the cool armour, disk-flying mages etc :)

Z

Zing

to be quite honest I can imagine a situation similar to that of Burning Crusade happening, in that people will rush towards (for example chosen) but won't stick with it and will end up being at least somewhat balanced.

Oh, this is my first post. Hi.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget aswell that not everyone is on this forum. If the game is going to be a huge success alot of people who just buy the game in the shop and never look/know about these boards they can go either way.

My point being that i'm pretty confident that it'll all balance itself out. :)

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
i am suprised how popular this game is at the moment, i havent noticed anything ground breaking in dev. i wanna play becasue i thought DAOC was a well made compitent game and i love Warhammer. didnt know there was that many Warhammer fans out there, but from what i see this game will be a huge success.. BUT only if they release a finished product.. AOC should have been market kleader for at least a year but due to the faact they released too early WAR or any other big MMO will kill it off..
and yes if you love AOC then im sorry, it has its good points but it was released unfinished and people are not gonna wait around to see it finished..

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
i am suprised how popular this game is at the moment, i havent noticed anything ground breaking in dev. i wanna play becasue i thought DAOC was a well made compitent game and i love Warhammer. didnt know there was that many Warhammer fans out there, but from what i see this game will be a huge success.. BUT only if they release a finished product.. AOC should have been market kleader for at least a year but due to the faact they released too early WAR or any other big MMO will kill it off..
and yes if you love AOC then im sorry, it has its good points but it was released unfinished and people are not gonna wait around to see it finished..

where do you get all these hardcore facts from, that WAR WILL inevitable kill AoC!, im guessing people who love the style of Age of Conan is gonna stick to it because it gives them something that other MMO's might not give them.

and who are you to judge that the game isnt finished =), i havent seen a single game in my entire life that havent got atleast one little patch/hotfix or something similiar, so what is the definition of a "finished" game then that people are not just asuming by themselves.

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
wooow slow down! dont you think that all those "you"s are abit accusatory.. they are not "hardcore" facts just opinions based on what i read, Been playing AOC since release and yes there are people who like it but even those who do still havve repeatedly said the game wasnt ready for release. A large number of people and im sure its over 50% (a wild aproximation) are unhappy with the game and are playing it because there is nothing else out at the moment. I have seen that posted more times than i can count, and your being abit pedantic, i never said 100% complete, but if you've played AOC which it seems your either a fanboi or have not, the fact that ~30% of all skills are broken, ~40% more don't work as they should, the class ballanceing (which is expected) and the class redesigns (which isnt) mean that IMO the classes are still in beta. the next highly published MMO will see alarge portion of the AOC customers move away, but only time will see if im correct.
the defintion of a finished game .. i dunno , but the definition of finished is this
"To bring to a desired or required state"
finish - definition of finish by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
the state of AOC is not desired and if people are that unhappy with it, it is not what is required either.

Also considering you have said nothing to disprove what was my opinion, no "hardcore facts" or even anything other than flames suggests that replying to you is proberly pointless.

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
read further down the list of meaninf for finished and found this..
"To bring about the ruin of"
so maybe AOC is finished :)
anyways this is a warhammer thread so lets leave AOC in the past

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
wooow slow down! dont you think that all those "you"s are abit accusatory.. they are not "hardcore" facts just opinions based on what i read, Been playing AOC since release and yes there are people who like it but even those who do still havve repeatedly said the game wasnt ready for release. A large number of people and im sure its over 50% (a wild aproximation) are unhappy with the game and are playing it because there is nothing else out at the moment. I have seen that posted more times than i can count, and your being abit pedantic, i never said 100% complete, but if you've played AOC which it seems your either a fanboi or have not, the fact that ~30% of all skills are broken, ~40% more don't work as they should, the class ballanceing (which is expected) and the class redesigns (which isnt) mean that IMO the classes are still in beta. the next highly published MMO will see alarge portion of the AOC customers move away, but only time will see if im correct.
the defintion of a finished game .. i dunno , but the definition of finished is this
"To bring to a desired or required state"
finish - definition of finish by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
the state of AOC is not desired and if people are that unhappy with it, it is not what is required either.

Also considering you have said nothing to disprove what was my opinion, no "hardcore facts" or even anything other than flames suggests that replying to you is proberly pointless.

if everyone who made posts like the first one i replied to could think them over and do it like this one to start with i would be a happier forumer =) cheers, you explained your actions alot better in this post.

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
sorry if i try to prove or explain myself in posts i get flamed to being bogged donwn in semantics and if i dont i get flamed for not accurate :).
one rule of life if you post on a forum someone will flame you :)
glad we got this cleared up..
friends again ?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Well considering Chaos are far superior (in the Warhammer lore) to everyone else in a situation with equal numbers it wasn't shocking :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
was the same in WoW beta. everyone and their dog rolled horde but on release they all went alliance.

expecting the same to happen in WAR to.

all the 10 year olds want to be the knights in shining armor.

Lyteo

Fledgling Freddie
Recent polls showed that the Order Destro count was actually neck and neck... cant remember how recent it was tho, lol.

Zek

Fledgling Freddie
Recent polls showed that the Order Destro count was actually neck and neck... cant remember how recent it was tho, lol.

A bunch of people decided to roll Order after the first polls showed them being outnumbered.

Warmcat

Fledgling Freddie
Well... one christmas eve I decided I was going shopping to the Metrocentre (large mall in the northeast of England).
As you can imagine the roads were very busy, and as I approached the Metrocentre I noticed all of the cars trying to squeeze into the overflow carpark. Not good.
Well I thought perhaps that everyone assumed that the regular carparks would be full and went straight for the overflow... I was right! The main carpark (right next to blue-section) was not busy at all and I got a spot right next to the door!

Perhaps a lot of people will assume everyone is going to roll chaos due to the chat on the forums etc and roll High-Elf!!!

Wayne

Fahlke

Fledgling Freddie
It´s funny that some people in this thread is saying that WAR is gonna slay AoC and that AoC was "unfinished" at release and that will cause players to leave AoC for WAR. That is a load of bull people, let me explain. For one thing AoC was the smoothest release of a mmo EVER, it had it´s faults and buggs and so on but if u compare the game to WoW as for an example WoW was basically unplayeble for the first two weeks because all hiccups. AoC run pretty smooth for a newly released mmo, but peoples memory are usually short in these matters. Another thing is that AoC is a completely different game compared to WAR, the games will not even compete for players, cause AoC-fans is a whole different group then WoW or WAR fans. AoC is low-fantasy and appeals to a slight different audience then WAR and WoW wich is high-fantasy.
If WAR even comes close to AoC´s release its a win for them.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
Well we are going Order, and yep sometimes we worry that there might just be far to many destructions out there for us to achieve anything, but on the other hand what is the point of playing destruction if there are millions of them, there would be no challenge

when we played wow, there was far more allys than horde on our server too, something to do with prepubescent teens gawking at nelfs with not a lot on, perhaps that is why there is lots more destruction, with all those half naked witch elves around :p

anyway it will all work out in the end

ps. a load of us have given up on AOC, mainly because every dam patch they release (which are less and less frequent) breaks more than it fixes, no high lvl content, back of the box stuff not implemented yet..... i could go on but i wont...... im getting over that trauma of a game and looking forward to WAR!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom