Too far??

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I have always defended GOA as being fair to all langauges, English, German and now Spanish and Italian, and tried to see them as impartial towards all, until I started reading the other language sections and saw the nice freebies they offer their native players, sorry for the translation here, I put as much effort in as they did our last reporter did, or just typed "babelfish" in the adress bar for short.

Festival of the Video game in Paris the next weekend It is as of next Friday that the Festival from the Video game to the Palate of the Paris congresses Is - Montreuil will begin. With of not doubting, you will be very numerous to make displacement and GOA saw large to accomodate you. The French team of DAoC will be present complete, in company of certain old, and you will be able of course to find your playmates on the stand. To facilitate the meeting again, you can prepare badges below by printing the models. You will be able to also find some in self-adhesive form on the spot. We indicated last week to you which you could obtain a reduction of two euros on the entry of the living room, but we propose to you still better, since we have 80 places to offer! If you wish to obtain one of these admissions free, it will be necessary for you to take part in a small very simple play. In the time beaches indicated below, a character named Drineal will be hidden in the various frontier zones of the kingdoms. This character will be of level 80, will move only on ground and will take the appearance of a monster of one of the three kingdoms. The first to offer to him to drink will gain the places available to each session. Attention, each time that it will have been found, Drineal will move! However, in order to help you to find the zone in which it will be located, this character will not be anonymous and will not move once arrived at its new place of waiting. Here moments when you will be able to find Drineal:

To add insult to injury that GOA are not going to assist Dyvet in any way, they genuinely use Babelfish to translate the rest of their text and copy/paste it onto ours! Try for yourselves...

French version of the site: said:
A Dragon's Revenge, la suite est finalement pour bientôt
Plusieurs complications ne nous ont pas permis de vous offrir la suite de la campagne EA/Mythic cette semaine. Nous avons toutefois pu débloquer les quelques quêtes de l'étape actuelle qui posaient problème (il s'agissait de quêtes faisables par des personnages de niveau inférieur à 50), mais les tests de cette étape ont été très longs. Nous pensons toucher au but, et la date de la mise en place sera annoncée la semaine prochaine.

Bung that through AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation and you get the drivel we call a weekly news letter.

I may not be playing over there anymore (gladly), but I feel for you guys still trying to keep the spirit of Dyvet alive, this kinda thing doesnt help in the slightest.

Customer service at its poorest IMO, just goes to show how much effort has gone into Dyvet!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure what the issue is? They're going to a French video game show and are making a simple event for a few French players to get in free. Presumably they have an arrangement with the organisers - which isn't surprising as they're the biggest exhibitor there. Dropping a random mob with a simple AI into a server is a long way from reworking server code.

Seriously stop trying to read conspiracies into everything.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I think the point is, that they use BabelFish to translate it. A thing that just shows how much effort GoA cares to put into the english community.

A community they now finally have admitted are left to die on its own.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
That certainly explains the atrocious use of English. It doesn't overly bother me, but it does make it look like the news was written by Yoda. :)

kivik

Part of the furniture
but it does make it look like the news was written by Yoda. :)

Haha :)

And yes, we had a german in guild when we rolled Limors and said that the german translation in-game was very incorrect at times :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I can't believe they even broke the dragon's revenge :p (well ok,i can)

Who's genuinely surprised about this thought?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I think the point is, that they use BabelFish to translate it. A thing that just shows how much effort GoA cares to put into the english community.

A community they now finally have admitted are left to die on its own.
Thats exactly my point, coupled with the fact that they give away tickets to only the French servers, not the other languages as heaven forbid the rest of us might actually attend it as well (I know 2 people who are in fact, not for DAoC but for other things, but they are players none the less!).

Now I see the English speaking servers being treated more and more like second class citizens, you think that if the French servers had had the same DB crash as Pryd suffered it would have gone so badly and taken as long, somehow I no longer beleive it would have.

Maybe I do see a conspiricy, but the evidence is becoming overwheling that GOA dont gives a rats bumhole about you guys. I was trying to stick up for Dyvet, maybe I should keep me gob shut eh.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
That certainly explains the atrocious use of English. It doesn't overly bother me, but it does make it look like the news was written by Yoda. :)
Not good for customer relations though really bud, you wouldnt buy a car or a PC if the write up came directly translated from Korean, then to Mandarin then Greek and finally to English would you. To coin a phrase when selling a product, Image is everything, and would you buy something from a company who cant even be arsed to put together a decent sales pitch, after all, anyone who might be watching the web site thinking of picking the game up, might now think its run by 4 year olds.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I can't believe they even broke the dragon's revenge :p (well ok,i can)

Who's genuinely surprised about this thought?

I had serious doubts GOA would be releasing the Dragon Campaign updates every 2 weeks or so and this will be the 3rd update we are waiting for now.

By next week it will be FOUR weeks since the last update and then they are only giving us a DATE when the next update will be so i'm presuming 6 weeks :(

At this rate we may be dragon raiding by New Year...... if we're lucky :(

GOA = same shit, different week - as usual :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Why they even have anyone from the UK subscribing to their servers anymore is beyond me, seriously people get some self respect and either move to the US or quit. They're shafting you over constantly and will NEVER sort out the population issues or allow you to transfer to the US.

Zede

Part of the furniture
having dealt with every country in Europe on a daily basis for the last 15 years, i can honestly say that Yes the French are the arrogant twats of Europe.

oh look..case confirmed. !

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
having dealt with my wifes family for 16 years i can confirm above statement

give transfer to US for english servers

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
Its pretty simple to move to US, i heard their clustering killibury with tint so should be worth a shot, alot of euros play on mid and hib over their.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Its pretty simple to move to US, i heard their clustering killibury with tint so should be worth a shot, alot of euros play on mid and hib over their.

A recent post by Chron will give you an idea how. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom