Too close to reality?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
naic said:
Whole of Scandinavia (+ bunch of other countries) under this swedish king. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_XII_of_Sweden
Sorry, but they did not conquer the whole of scandinavia. Ie the northern half of Norway was left untouched by the swedes. And the only thing the swedish did was to occupy some Norwegian territories (Bohuslän, Jemtland, and Herjedalen, which they still control today (let me add that it was the danes that gave the territories away, not the norwegians!)), and went back out. They also tried controlling Trondheim and the middle territories of Norway to split the country in two and gaining easier access to the Norwegian Sea, but were not able to control it.
They did control a big area though yes :) Not as big territories as Norway or Denmark has controlled, but far more crowded and valueable.

Look at this Norwegian-Swedish luv :D

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:
Bah, I was hoping for two hot blondes kissing or something :(
I was going to, but then i thought, i'd get banned and post deleted :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Konstantin said:
hope youre on drugs ore joking ... couse comparing a computer game to realety 1k years ago are abit retarded....

if you believe him to be serious, on a online forum - fh of all, you're the one who is retarded ;<

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
That would be so fun , think of all the mass raiding and shit cuz of national pride :p

however its impossible and will never happen =]

indeed..

but sure.. i would love to have a welltemplated rr11 inf, an rr7+ sorc in a good template, almost rr7 paladin with all arits activated and almost rr6 cleric.

i mean, i would actually have 4 usefull classes then.

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
Jarahl said:
lol danes are wannabes?? Need I remind you that it was a danish king who ruled Scandinavia during those times?? Not a swedish or a norweigan, but a danish :p

read Snorre

naic

Loyal Freddie
Arethir said:
Sorry, but they did not conquer the whole of scandinavia. Ie the northern half of Norway was left untouched by the swedes. And the only thing the swedish did was to occupy some Norwegian territories (Bohuslän, Jemtland, and Herjedalen, which they still control today (let me add that it was the danes that gave the territories away, not the norwegians!)), and went back out. They also tried controlling Trondheim and the middle territories of Norway to split the country in two and gaining easier access to the Norwegian Sea, but were not able to control it.
They did control a big area though yes :) Not as big territories as Norway or Denmark has controlled, but far more crowded and valueable.

Look at this Norwegian-Swedish luv :D
Did you HAVE to notice that? ;p

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
naic said:
Did you HAVE to notice that? ;p
Sorry :/ Studying history at teh uni, hard not to!

On the other hand though, Sweden's never been conquered. Norway and Denmark has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom