Too close to reality?

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
We closter UK, German and French servers all together, only a special change will be imposed

UK can only be Albion
German can only Midgaard
France can only be Hibs

Downside is ofcourse I would have to move to Albion then

Upside is that even though the language distortion went away we still wouldn't understand each other.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
That would be so fun , think of all the mass raiding and shit cuz of national pride :p

however its impossible and will never happen =]

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
have a guess what the cheerful mods are gonna do to this forum :twak:

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Thlauni said:
We closter UK, German and French servers all together, only a special change will be imposed

UK can only be Albion
German can only Midgaard
France can only be Hibs

Downside is ofcourse I would have to move to Albion then

Upside is that even though the language distortion went away we still wouldn't understand each other.

Ohh my gawd the hibs surrendered already! :p

cmr

Banned
Calmin said:

haha

id hate to play albion though cos its just boreing play !

plus its usualy me and 7 swedes.... wtf am i gonna play with! and were are the swedes gonna play :p

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Calmin said:
lol :p

Would be ace but i have a feeling albs would be outnumbered! (for once)

And cmr, swedes can play wherever they want ofc, ie the UK/english one like they already are!

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
german - midgard? I'am disapointed now.

Norway are the real midgard in DAoC story, since Norwegians are the ones that invaded scotland(caledonia) Lindisfarne monestary, and england, city of york, also called Jorvik by the ancient norwegians/Vikings.
sweds are vikings aswell, danes are wannab:p
so you got the celts having fights with england, and Norway invading everyone:p

=

DAoC.

:p germans midgard... no...

IBTL

Etinay

Fledgling Freddie
Fahdlan said:

Norway are the real midgard in DAoC story, since Norwegians are the ones that invaded scotland(caledonia) Lindisfarne monestary, and england, city of york, also called Jorvik by the ancient norwegians/Vikings.

=

DAoC.

IBTL

hell no!! sweds are NOT vikings!! ffs - dont ruin it for me now Air ;)

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Fahdlan said:
IBTL

the only real vikings is the danes.. nothing to discuss there! :p
Also the reason why we got part of germany, UK and norway :drink:

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Fahdlan said:

=

DAoC.

IBTL

lol danes are wannabes?? Need I remind you that it was a danish king who ruled Scandinavia during those times?? Not a swedish or a norweigan, but a danish :p

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Less skipping school danes, read up on your history about Scandinavia first, then you can write things that are more accurate.

On Topic.

Nah, sounds boring to meh.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
first the false (pre- whatever) vikings (saxon, juts, angels) conquered england.

then the true vikings settled in normandie and became french and later conquered england;)

would all the scandinavian raiding people from 350 - 1100 AD be entitled to be called norse and vikings (that would make the fries and the salian franks vikings too) ? or only the ones who did from 850 - 1100 ?

on topic, no thanks

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting idea, but you know whats going to happen.

Hibernia will just roll over and give in to the midgard occupation (and blame it on the albs),

Midgard will over extended itself, then get wtf pwned by Albion and cross realming (then blame it on the weather).

Then Mythic will steal all the glory for its americans with crap movies (and albion will blame Tom Hanks and Nicole Kidman).

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Jarahl said:
lol danes are wannabes?? Need I remind you that it was a danish king who ruled Scandinavia during those times?? Not a swedish or a norweigan, but a danish :p
Ya, right.
Afaik. The whole of Scandinavia has never been under one king. Esp not during the time of the vikings, when the control of the people wasn't that good, and noone had control of every place people lived.

Edit: And as for controlling territories in nabour countries, well, Sweden, Norway and Denmark all have their times where they have controlled major parts of the known world around them. As have the rest of the world.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
...when the control of the people wasn't that good

During this age the Vikings also had problems with a few of them AC raiding the UK, which meant they ruined the fun for everyone else who wanted to loot and pillage.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Graendel said:
During this age the Vikings also had problems with a few of them AC raiding the UK, which meant they ruined the fun for everyone else who wanted to loot and pillage.
Ye! We should learn something from the vikings tbh! When they raided and pillaged villages, they left people alive behind, because then the people would rebuild and produce new valuable things that they could raid and pillage later on! While the AC vikings simply killed all of the villagers and left none alive to rebuild, which in turn gave them nothing the next time they went there!

:D

Ceiastae

It's my birthday today!
Fahdlan said:

=

DAoC.

IBTL

Danes are not wannabes!!! Norway stole our country xD! were the real vikings with the real beers, the real ladies. and we still act like vikings!!!

Nate

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
Interesting idea, but you know whats going to happen.

Hibernia will just roll over and give in to the midgard occupation (and blame it on the albs),

Midgard will over extended itself, then get wtf pwned by Albion and cross realming (then blame it on the weather).

Then Mythic will steal all the glory for its americans with crap movies (and albion will blame Tom Hanks and Nicole Kidman).

didn't see that one coming ;/ yawn

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Arethir said:
Ya, right.
Afaik. The whole of Scandinavia has never been under one king. Esp not during the time of the vikings, when the control of the people wasn't that good, and noone had control of every place people lived.

Edit: And as for controlling territories in nabour countries, well, Sweden, Norway and Denmark all have their times where they have controlled major parts of the known world around them. As have the rest of the world.
Well it has been under one king for a brief moment, sweden forced danes to surender aliance with norway, norway came under aliance with sweden.
then again it was a brief moment and not during the viking era, so it proly don't count in this discussion.

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Ceiastae said:
Danes are not wannabes!!! Norway stole our country xD! were the real vikings with the real beers, the real ladies. and we still act like vikings!!!

Vikings didnt drink Beer , Vikings drank "Mjöd" wich is more wine then beer

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Graendel said:
hope youre on drugs ore joking ... couse comparing a computer game to realety 1k years ago are abit retarded....

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
really sick this, read that norwegian vikings owned the Roman army's in battles, tho that is because of the flaneshroom really.

who ruled :p 800-1000 before the black death?

let me hear it:p I'm into viking mythology this is fun.

who wrote the Snorre Saga? no sweds, no danes, but a? Norwegian:p
:D who had Egill Skallagrimson, that crazy skald? norwegian

Norway aka Norsemen.
danes ok, maybe not wannabs, you can be mini vikings.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Let Albion be Frenchies.

As for Hib. Thats Ireland anyway ;). Those crazy Celts and the like.

Midgard, theres so many ppl fighting in this thread just let Norwary/Swed/Denmark fight each other :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom