Tony Hawks:Underground

M

Munkey-

Got this game a few days ago, finished it in less then 10 hours :rolleyes: But, vast improvements over the other tony hawks game, even if the 'story' mode is a bit contrived. Felt motivated enough to unlock everything this time and I wasn't dissapointed. The levels are vast, you'll always keep finding new bits that you never thought were there before, and the goals range from bloody easy to 12-time retrys. However, far too easy to rack up points this time around, just do a lip trick + manual combo, instant 300,000 if you've got the knack of balancing. You can design your own board, custom skaters have a tonload of new items, you can 'work' for different companies (which i found quite neat) and, as always, theres the obligatory "secret tapes" around each map.

Anyone else played it? Thoughts?

quick edit: I'm still undecided if the producers are changing into EA, i.e. release a new one every year with improvements that make it better but no actual overall changes.

C

CptDoom

Its a pretty good game (xbox here) but feels a little tacky and cheap, trying to get a reaction from the player for the high-jinx related tomfoolery involved.

As long as they keep the same engine and keep reworking it they cant really go wrong, i mean, they could fill the game full of disney characters and itd still be good.

Oh hang on, they done that too.....

I dont mind franchises at all, as long as the product is the best of the genre, so Tony Hawks licence is forgiven in this case

Users who are viewing this thread