Tomte Mania quest (in Nisses Lair)

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Hey there!

Anybody know where to find some info about this quest, ie a walkthrough? Or if anyone here done it can you maybe help out a bit? Im stuck at the first bit already with turning in a piece of paper to a "Maintainance Subordinate Assistance" o_O

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Miramis said:
Hey there!

Anybody know where to find some info about this quest, ie a walkthrough? Or if anyone here done it can you maybe help out a bit? Im stuck at the first bit already with turning in a piece of paper to a "Maintainance Subordinate Assistance" o_O

Nisses lair. Omg the memories. I was sooo afraid of those evul Nisses on my shaman. Still think this cave is one of the most evul caves in the game. Makes me wanna roll a little warrior and go pwn em. Not much of a help on the quest, but try here: http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?realm=Midgard

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Wilburn said:
Nisses lair. Omg the memories. I was sooo afraid of those evul Nisses on my shaman. Still think this cave is one of the most evul caves in the game. Makes me wanna roll a little warrior and go pwn em. Not much of a help on the quest, but try here: http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?realm=Midgard

Tried that, but unfortunatly they have no info about the Tomte quest Im after at all :(

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Miramis said:
Tried that, but unfortunatly they have no info about the Tomte quest Im after at all :(

This one then
http://news-daoc.goa.com/view_plus90news.php3?id_article=3562

Background Piece - Midgard : Tomte Mania
Here, we will not tell the unfortunate combination of circumstances that progressively led the Tomtes to become what they are now : a ferocious nuisance plaguing surrounding cities and persecuting travellers. We will rather tackle the evolution of their customs.

Since they began their active and vindictive fight against the humans living around East Svealand, the Tomtes, whose way of life was formerly based on individual freedom and autonomy, turned into a social structure capable of coordinating their actions to maintain a permanent state of guerrilla. Let us examine separately the two steps in this evolution.

The first step is to be designated as the tribal one. Though naturally reclusive, the Tomtes ended up banding together around a few emblematic figures that had proven their worth in some feats. These initial leaders conduced the first coordinated Tomte attacks. However, these attacks were only sporadically efficient and no long term campaign could even be considered at this time : the Tomte society still had a long way to go.

The second step is commonly called the cave one. One of the tribal leaders quickly managed to get to the fore and it only took him a few years to confederate almost all of the tribes, even sometimes absorbing some of them in his own ranks. In the Tomte history, there had never been any such alliance. The new leader of the Tomtes, Nisse, swiftly implemented a mode of organisation that is still the subject of our present studies. In order to conceal their number and their force, the Tomtes, commanded by Nisse, settled in vast caves located on the seaside. They sometimes had to fight off the former inhabitants of these galleries - tremendous poisonous spiders - to the deepest of the caves. Other times, they just dug other passages. Then their main activities consisted in stealing human equipment, kidnapping people from the surface for ransoms or just for fun, taming cave lizards or building and placing dreadful traps.

Let us emphasise the really interesting evolution that ensued in the Tomte habits : they soon realised that their contingent had to be administrated and they quickly developed a taste for it. We assume that, in fact, this is an inherent aspect of their nature which is only revealing itself when the right occasion is brought about : Tomtes are captivated by procedures, forms and other kinds of stamp material. And this is almost an obsession for them.

In our next study, we will widen our examination to similar evolutions - even if they are less radical - encountered in other social structures. We will also see how an accurate use of these information can help you prepare yourself to enter a new era, where, in order to conquer one's enemy, it is necessary to combine an expertise in combat techniques and a perfect knowledge of its habits and customs. Alas, patience is not the main quality of our allies so we certainly will have to count on no one but ourselves in the future.

A captive spirit is wandering in Nisse's Lair, waiting for a merciful soul to come and deliver him from his curse. This new GOA quest is only accessible to characters from level 11 to level 19.

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Wilburn said:

hehe yep.. read that one too and that one doesnt include any hints to the quest either :( Its only a tad bit annoying with this one, cause you cant cancel it. Figured I'd just level up for now and head back in for a search. Maybe time for me to make my very first walkthrough after that ;)

Another question that has come to mind after doing a lot of quests, is this location command. It gives you three numbers, and aye.. I can figure out by moving a bit which way I should be headed.. but is there anyway to apply this to a map somehow? Some sort of waypoints?

Anyways.. beeing new in daoc is a lot of fun, but loooooooooots to learn :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
/location gives 3 sets of numbers:

eg: 55999 34000 234

The first is your location on the map from 0 to 65000 measured west to east.
The second is your location measured north to south.
The last is your height above what I suppose is ground level.

On most UIs now you can do /map or have full maps built in, like this
mid_gotar.jpg

Here you can see the locs marked in thousands, 10 = 10000.

The center of the town of Atla in this case is roughly 28000 12000 (most wont mention the height!)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Craparoni said:
when u hit 50 the real pve fun begins:m00:
When the game is new to you, all PVE is an adventure, ahh the old days at snow crabs, spind, varulv...lair...

Dilanta

Fledgling Freddie
If you're ok in german, there is a small instruction on how-to here. He recommends not doing it at the lowest level, but rather at 17-19. =)
Good luck.

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
First visit to muspelheim with fire giants etc is a pretty damn good memory imo:)
Remember in the beginning i did quests all the time and roleplayed my ass off, its nice to see new pps joining, keep it up m8. U may not believe it but Daoc is actually a pretty good game.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Babelfished it, maybe you can make sense of it :)

Feasiblly of level 11 - 19

One should make it in any case in higher Levlen or with company.
I made the Quest with level 17 (Skaldin).

The helmet right after receipt once with /use use. He adapts then and gets Klassengeeigente values to the Char.

Description:

At the entrance see alike phantom with the name a Hjalmvinr Ulfmundrson.
This tells us its sad history and asks us its soul to the peace to help.
In addition it sends us as first to a Tomte that the rank of the secondary foreman of the lubricant (Loc 22/29) has. Wegbescheibung: The simplest is if it you for this the straight map of Nisses hiding place looks at - I think that it is to be explained so more simply we does simply times so as if we from the point of exit would loose-go. Thus simply follow the way from the exit up to that round area. There it goes right after left into the oblong area - there the secondary foreman stands.
This is for us and would like the note neutral to see to us Hjalmvinr Ulfmundrson gave - and equivalent twice.
After it studied in detail the form sends it us back to Hjalmvinr Ulfmundrson.
We return the form to this and it read it.
Unfortunately the Tomte is only so stupid that she must the ticket on us have issued and Hjalmvinr Ulfmundrson thus again from the front begin.
That does not prevent to give it however to it to us still the reward.

Dilanta

Fledgling Freddie
I actually have this quest on one of my chars, probably on my lvl12 to-do-all-the-new-quests-on-low-level-healer. =) Haven't done it yet myself though. Also, Nisses is really enhanced in DR with new dungeon parts and stuff.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Craparoni said:
First visit to muspelheim with fire giants etc is a pretty damn good memory imo:)
Remember in the beginning i did quests all the time and roleplayed my ass off, its nice to see new pps joining, keep it up m8. U may not believe it but Daoc is actually a pretty good game.

muspelheim is sooo cool :) i remember xp:ing at the sooth spiders with my huntress and a shaman and some other tank i was grouping with. one of them knew a lvl50 thane that stood and watch us xp while chatting abit. i was so impressed i couldn't belive my eyes when the thane oneshotted the big giant with a lightning bolt. it was the coolest thing i'd ever seen at that time :D

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
Remember exping in Muspelheim with my guild group back then. We had Rei as level 50 oog ae stunner and I couldn't imagine how I ever would get to 50 back then. 20 50s later....

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ahhh, trebbing mobs in muspelheim, before they said it was naughty...

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Just came home from work and jumped here of course, and got overwhelmed by the answers.. thank you all so much for your help!!! :D

From old.Whoodoo:
On most UIs now you can do /map or have full maps built in, like this
This does make me confuzzled though.. my map is just a plain map without any long/lat on it. How do I get one "of those" as you pictured??

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I miss them old wee wolfs :(

Soo cute, but always killed me;(

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
Miramis said:
Just came home from work and jumped here of course, and got overwhelmed by the answers.. thank you all so much for your help!!! :D

From old.Whoodoo:

This does make me confuzzled though.. my map is just a plain map without any long/lat on it. How do I get one "of those" as you pictured??

You need to download a custom UI (user interface), i think there are a few diff around, like MXN, Ghost etc. :)

Ill let someone that plays the game give you a better reply :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Miramis said:

From old.Whoodoo:

As WiiWii says, you can get much better maps in the custom UIs, Derida and MXN are probably the most popular, with mob locations on which is handy for questing, an overlay grid for easier loc finding, and much more.

I would recomend deridas myself, you can find it at www.derida.de, and MXNs at http://www.mxns.co.uk/ if you have probs installing, just shout.

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Wow, really nice tools!! No problems installing and will use it when I log on later. Thank you very much once more :D

Midgem

Fledgling Freddie
A couple of things ...

I have a low level toon which i shall now take to do the Tomte quest .... Miramis - would you be interested in grouping up to do it?

Secondly - thanks for the links to the GUI's guys! I knew there were some out there but i didn't know where to egt them from. Gonna try them as soon as I get home from work (in work now, doing night shift :( )

Ithilkir

Fledgling Freddie
I tired the Derida UI mod, and it was great.. apart from one thing.. No 'info' button on weapons, armour etc. So couldn't see the mods :(

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Ithilkir said:
I tired the Derida UI mod, and it was great.. apart from one thing.. No 'info' button on weapons, armour etc. So couldn't see the mods :(

In that case, right click on the item and Shift+i.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
fenriss said:
Lvl 50's..
Jaokin-Thane
Fenriss-Sham (active)
Nandrolone-BB
Mirgem-BB
Gambitt-SB
Drederick Tatum-Svg
Hydrogen Bomb-SM
Elixiir-Hea
Aurgelmir-War
Runette-RM
Nemesizz-WL
Sothh-BD
Syll-Hunter
Inexorable-Zerk
Dominion-SM
Blitzkreig-Skd
Alviriel-SM
Ephedrine-BB
Svertleite-Valk
Thats enough, back to leveling more toons you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom