Tom Cruise is wacko?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Yep, same.

I'd fuck his missus though! Sexy bitch, sux a fart out her ass if she'd let me.
saw on another forum, almost same but this was added in the end: "and hold it like a bong hit"

and toh: to many of your points: but you dont know if thats what he means (which is something you eagerly use in discussions, no?)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
(continued, damn timer)

The (?) are here to help, you know as also the public we have a responsibility. its not just the (?) not just the (?) its not just me, its you, its re-reading ksw, looking at what needs to be done, its going ok, am I going to do it or not, period, am I going to look at that guy or am I too afraid, because I have my own out-ethics to put in someone else’s ethics, and that’s all its comes down to

More on the helping people, with KSW mentioned again, and some terminology(i believe orcs? Or some other scientology thing), and about reading the KSW and the guidelines there to helping mankind. Do you want to help, or not help because your beliefs are different.

because I don’t hesitated to put ethics into someone else you know because I put it ruthlessly onto myself and I think that err I respect that, in others, I'm there to help we're here to help my opinion is your either n board or you not on board ok, but just if your on board your on board just like the rest of us

He respects when people believe in their own ethics, as he puts his beliefs in himself(as in forces them on himself and lives by them), and if you're a scientologist, then you are and you're with them as one of them, but if you're not a scientologist, you're just missing out on the scientology community as a whole.

The part you mentioned is most "shocking" or whatnot:

heaheahhahhae and err i would you know they said you know so have you met an SP??! haehhaehahhaehhea and i would like to know you know and i thought oh what a beautiful thing, maybe one day it will be like that hehheh, you know what im saying maybe one day it would be that, wow SPs they'll just read about those in the history books you know hahehhhahahehe

He's talking about Suppressive Persons, and people asking if he's met one. SPs are basically the root of all evil(quick glance), and he's saying "well maybe one day you'll read about SPs in history books".

All in all, if you take the time to check up what he means by SPs, KSW and other terms you don't understand, and see the interview as "talk interview", not "strict interview with coherrant politician sentences", it's not that "insane". Actually the whole of the message is rather "ok", here to help, time to help is now, etc.

and toh: to many of your points: but you dont know if thats what he means (which is something you eagerly use in discussions, no?)

Don't know what you mean by "you eagely use in discussions", but, no, i don't know, i said that myself. It's in the eye of the beholder, etc, on what you make of it and what you understand as his meaning, but my original point was, if you tape ANY normal conversation, and TYPE it out, it's gonna look weird.

Spoken, commonly spoken, things don't translate well with all the hihi and haha and little "filler" words that all have.

The "translations" i wrote, are what i got from it.

Also, have to note, he's american and americans use a lot of "lost words", as in, filler words in sentences. It does not go well in point to point text translations.

noblok

Part of the furniture
I concur with old.Tohtori. I didn't have any trouble interpretting what Cruise said in the way he explained it.

edit: I haven't watched the whole tape, only up to where Dukats log stops.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Short vocabulary list: Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : A handy glossary of some Scientology terms

- KSW: Short for Keeping Scientology Working, a policy written by Hubbard in the 1960s that requires all Scientologists to follow his words and his rules exactly.
- Orgs: An abbreviation for "organizations"; describes all churches of Scientology throughout the world.
- David Miscavige: He is the current leader of Scientology. He's the equivalent of the Pope to the Catholics.
- Out-ethics: Any behavior that violates any of Hubbard's rules of conduct.
- Put ethics in someone else: Make others conform to Hubbard's rules of behavior.
- Criminon: Scientology front group that tries to recruit through the prisons.
- SP: Suppressive Person. Anyone who doesn't like Scientology and/or criticizes Scientology.
- PTS/SP: Another bogus Hubbard term to define behavior that goes against Scientology rules.
- LRH technology or "tech": All of the Scientology policies, rules, mandates, and procedures.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
All in all, if you take the time to check up what he means by SPs, KSW and other terms you don't understand, and see the interview as "talk interview", not "strict interview with coherrant politician sentences", it's not that "insane". Actually the whole of the message is rather "ok", here to help, time to help is now, etc.

Actually I did more or less get what KSW was just from the acronym and the context, same goes for SPs.

I was more on about the sentence structure and speech patterns. You could also look at the whole "you're either with us or against us" rhetoric, but that wasnt really what I was trying to point out. Mainly he just talks in a very strange way. If you think thats normal, then fine, but I'm just pointing out why people (myself included) made light of the video.

You seem to have taken completely the opposite of what I thought he said in that paragraph:

because I don’t hesitated to put ethics into someone else you know because I put it ruthlessly onto myself and I think that err I respect that, in others, I'm there to help we're here to help my opinion is your either n board or you not on board ok, but just if your on board your on board just like the rest of us

He respects when people believe in their own ethics, as he puts his beliefs in himself(as in forces them on himself and lives by them), and if you're a scientologist, then you are and you're with them as one of them, but if you're not a scientologist, you're just missing out on the scientology community as a whole.

Ya see, the words "I don’t hesitate to put ethics into someone else" dont strike me as being respectful of other people's ethics at all.

In my opinion, he came over as off his trolley, the editing didnt help but the main contributing factor for my opinion was his erratic speech patterns, also the fact that hes not a million miles away from religious/cult fanaticism made me wonder, but mainly the speech thing.

He never really alludes to how scientology helps, what it does, how it does it. He says scientology has "the ability to create new and better realities and improved conditions" without ever really saying why. Granted that could well have been edited out, but if so that must've been one hell of a long talk he had going on there, because even after the edits the thing is still 10 minutes long.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually I did more or less get what KSW was just from the acronym and the context, same goes for SPs.

I was more on about the sentence structure and speech patterns. You could also look at the whole "you're either with us or against us" rhetoric, but that wasnt really what I was trying to point out. Mainly he just talks in a very strange way. If you think thats normal, then fine, but I'm just pointing out why people (myself included) made light of the video.

Like i said, to me it seems more like a discussion between friends, with a lot of "umm, eh, and the, you know *haha* yeah" parts in it, oppose to a politician interview with every sentence completely coherent and so forth. It's partly an american way of speech too(in some parts) to use fillers when you're not saying stuff. I think i explained the "with us/against us" thing. But again, opinions, POV.

I know why people make light of it, i just didn't find it that odd, it could simply be a point of view thing, eye of the beholder and such. Not saying one shouldn't make fun, just trying to maybe shed light from my perspective.

You seem to have taken completely the opposite of what I thought he said in that paragraph:

because I don’t hesitated to pu*snip*t of us

Ya see, the words "I don’t hesitate to put ethics into someone else" dont strike me as being respectful of other people's ethics at all.

In my opinion..*snip*hing. Note: <--same answer really goes to that. Way of interview etc.

Again, i think it's an opinionated thing. I don't think he meant he's forcing his ethics on to others, maybe poorly said, but the whole thing he said makes it a bit clearer. Ofcourse, only Tommy there could clear what he meant, but, until then....not an issue one can resolve as it's opinionated.

He never really alludes to how scientology helps, what it does, how it does it. He says scientology has "the ability to create new and better realities and improved conditions" without ever really saying why. Granted that could well have been edited out, but if so that must've been one hell of a long talk he had going on there, because even after the edits the thing is still 10 minutes long.

About "not saying how they help", well, take any politician or religion person and ask for details and they go very silent. Everyone, basically, sayes they "help and now is the time", but rarely they give out details on how.

By the way, if it's an in-depth interview, as it looks like, it's easily 40 minutes if not longer.

But, in short, editing and it not being "normal interiew talk", in my opinion make it look "odder" to some people then it is.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
200px-Intergalactic_walrus.png

soze

I am a FH squatter
They might be abit wierd but i think a religion that tells you to kill White Devils is worse so there is room for this mob i suppose :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom